IGNORED

Official FART 2017 Check-in + Photos

Kinsley

Would you FART in Blairsville again?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, that was a great FART :clap: I hope you feel better.

I want to thank Dave for being such a great partner in putting it together.

I'll post some photos later, but let us know you made it home and post photos that you haven't already sent to us.

Home at 8:30 AM Saturday. Great time seeing everyone and sharing some laughs (and too much bourbon).

Nicely done Dave and Ken! Appreciate the hard work (and making me look like a slacker when compared to events I "organized" :).

Looking forward to seeing more pics because I didn't take any.

Now heading back to Cherokee for work :)

Home around 12:30. Left about 7:35 and rode with SockMonkey (Steve) until we split up to go our separate ways in Asheville. We stopped at the Cupboard Cafe in Dillard for a nice breakfast. Thanks to the organizers for the event. It was a lot of fun.

John Ranalletta

Just got home in Indy. Thanks to organizers and really happy we got to renew old acquaintances and make new friends.

Blairsville Witch must,ve tried to materialize in the photo center. So much for iPhone Pano.

IMG_4135.HEIC.jpg

Edited by John Ranalletta

Home at 2:30 thanks to an early start. Great weather and riding all week, what a great event. Thanks to Dave and Ken for putting this together and for some great routes.

Home yesterday after an easy ride. What a great event! So good to see everyone. Dave and Ken, you've raised the bar really high for these events. Looking forward to Blowing Rock! Will add some pics soon.

Folkdancer47 and I arrived home in Wilmington, NC, at 3:15. 1,655 miles for the 5-day weekend. Another great FART! Thanks Dave and Ken for all the hard you do organizing these events. And another thanks to the Panama City Riders for letting us tag along with you guys once again.

Bill

Nice pictures.

A memorable event, wonderful weather, great turnout.

Plenty of happenings, spooky and otherwise.

Time for the stories.

Looking forward to Blowing Rock.

Beth and I got back @ 2.

Truck had a stretch of 28mpg.

Life is good.

See ya in Cedar Key.

Rob and I made it home safely about 400 pm. Had a beautiful time as always. You guys must have slacked a bit though, as Rob claims he wants to come to the Spring event!

Thank you all for graciously welcoming him into the fold... I always say it, but will say it again; I love you all so very much!

And the last from me.

i-S97F4zN.jpg

i-CjvspMB.jpg

i-XxwjZmk.jpg

i-v5CggPf.jpg

i-7tXNVhP.jpg

i-Rxdr5w6.jpg

i-HsGKsZ7.jpg

i-CM7DbQd.jpg

i-8MZ4m5q.jpg

i-cHzK7nV.jpg

i-BbbTd7w.jpg

i-pNQPpn6.jpg

i-39rSwRz.jpg

i-ZBZ9TMw.jpg

i-XmCR8Nr.jpg

i-qKvRwC8.jpg

i-dGcQKT6.jpg

i-9PM4mK8.jpg

i-Hd3qWC4.jpg

i-wCF4jtJ.jpg

i-ZGKKLx7.jpg

i-ptqm2mG.jpg

i-vNxxGP3.jpg

i-Vwjf25N.jpg

Edited by Kinsley

Home around 2:20 PM, after a early start. No rain for 5 days, until I hit the FL State line.

Thank you Ken and Dave for such a great and well organized event. I was really impressed with Downtown Blairsville.

The patched rear tire performed well. My left saddle bag opening release broke in the morning, while I tried to load the bike.

But I was able to rescue everything inside when I got home.

Looking forward to Blowing Rock, always a great area for riding.

Deb and I got home around 3pm. Had a great time and enjoyed everyone's company. Ken, Dave great effort again! I hope to see everyone at Blowing Rock, NC.

Alan

Home by 3:30 PM after a 6:50 AM start. What a great event!! People, weather, roads, sights, venue, and people again!

THANK YOU Dave and Ken and all who made this a great event. Definitely looking forward to Blowing Rock next spring. Ride home was fabulous, only a bit of rain in south GA approaching FL. My riding buddies Dave Duelin and Ashley Horn (both new ST members) and brother Frank (knarf11) and I had a ball! Almost 1500 miles total (sorry Bernie, its hard to keep up with you!), no issues, just fun, friendship and good times. See you all soon I hope!

Edited by SSTwin

Left the parking lot at 7:15 today, and rolled up to our garage bang on 6:00 p.m., after 594 miles (and about 2,100 in total for the trip). The weather was outstanding for the entire time, as were all the preparations made by Ken, and Dave. Thanks to both of you for your hard work, and to Joel for the stickers. As an added benefit, I've now watched Bernie plug two tires in three months - a great learning experience. :-))

Nothing soothes the soul better than an outstanding FART! The incredible riding (and shopping :grin:) are always surpassed by the company, conversation and maybe a libation or two. Exciting trip home, will post details later. For now, let's just say white bike, deep mud and Christopher's stuck.

We can't say thanks enough for all the work and generous investment of time our organizers put into these things. So Ken and Dave, thank you!

Rob and I made it home safely about 400 pm. Had a beautiful time as always. You guys must have slacked a bit though, as Rob claims he wants to come to the Spring event!

Thank you all for graciously welcoming him into the fold... I always say it, but will say it again; I love you all so very much!

I hope he does. I enjoyed getting to know him!

Thanks for removing the curse of the Blairsville Witch from Black Beauty. :wave::clap:

Don't want to start a whole thread, so... The GSW is amazing, as all you jokers have been saying but that Nav V will be an adjustment. My route home went with the old 550 and the blue bike so I tried to recreate it on the V.

Anyway, there wasn't supposed to be any dirt, but somewhere near Suches it took me from this one-track paved road to firm gravel, to sketchy rock and dirt road that was supposed to connect to Hwy 60. Right when I was about to turn around, I could actually see cars passing by on 60, so I kept going...right down a hill into deep, soft mud.

Short story: got it turned and out of the mud four times, right back in each time. After #5 I was done. Left the bike, crossed the creek, climbed up to 60, hitched a ride to TWO. Fellow MOA member rode back with me and helped me get it out. Took those color-matched bags off, so they're still pristine, but the crash bars are starting to get a proper patina.

We got home about 7:00 pm last night after a great FART.

It was great to see so many people there, and especially great to see people who hadn't been in a while.

Thanks to Ken and Dave for all their planning and work putting it together.

I haven't checked out my video yet of the very large bear we saw. Going to dig that out now.

Wow, all I can say Nikki and you are terrific with those cameras. Thanks again.

+1 - Ken your pictures allowed me to almost feel I had shared the weekend with what I consider my second family! :thumbsup:

Wow, all I can say Nikki and you are terrific with those cameras. Thanks again.

+1 - Ken your pictures allowed me to almost feel I had shared the weekend with what I consider my second family! :thumbsup:

You were missed. So very sorry for the reason why you couldn't make it.

Well, a footnote for my FART ---- woke up to a flat rear tire on the Roadrunner this morning. 😳 I'm exceedingly grateful that it got me home though!

Do we have a date for Blowing Rock?

I do.

:grin:

See if Miss N will accompany you...

:smile:

I think I heard April 18thish.

Do we have a date for Blowing Rock?

I do.

:grin:

See if Miss N will accompany you...

:smile:

I think I heard April 18thish.

I believe you're correct, Tim. Ken said 18-22 April, in Blowing Rock.

Thanks to Dave, Ken and all who made FART such a special event. The hotel was great, the weather FANTASTIc, the roads INCREDIBLE, and, most of all fellow farters were THE BEST!

Looking forward to Blowing Rock next Spring, and FART 11 next Fall.

RandyShields

Home by 2 Sunday after a great ride back to NC. Excellent routes (thanks Ken), organization (thanks Dave), and no flats or radiator issues (thank you witch)! Wonderful to see everyone again. Looking forward to START!

Ken and Nikki - WOW - what outstanding pictures!! Well done.

What will follow are (most) of the photos that were submitted.

LAWNCHAIRBOY won the very competitive contest, making him our FIRST DOUBLE WINNER - I think that means drinks on on him this Spring!

Due to the issues of seamlessly posting pictures here :dopeslap::dontknow:, Mixmaster Ken and I have decided that Lawnchairboy will be awarded the Traveling Trophy at START, and each subsequent winner will be awarded the trophy at the following event.

The Winning Photo:

IMG_3034.jpg

Thank you one and all for taking the time to take and submit your photos!

Like all good FARTs, this one ended all too soon! I always come away from these events refreshed and invigorated. Not only does my riding improve, but I always come away a better person from the interactions I have with fellow FARTers. As we share with one another over riding intercom, rest stops, parking lot banter, attacking dogs, route bartering and all kinds of meal gatherings with various FARTers, I always come away widely enlightened on many new subjects and with new context on some more familiar. And I'm all the better for it, lamenting the long Winter pause before we get together again.

Ken, Joel and I (and many others behind the scenes) appreciate the gratitude you all express! Please know that we look forward to these gatherings as much as you do, and they are special not because of us - but because of YOU :beer:

tutonic%20gathering.jpeg

witch%20m3.jpg

post%20skyway%20cool%20down.jpeg

keith%20copelands.jpg

IMG955712.jpg

image6.jpeg

image1-2.jpg

IMAG0182-20170929-180723628.jpg

IMAG0180-20170929-180724974.jpg

IMAG0179-20170929-180726434.jpg

lawnchairboy

I RULE.

Hope I make the spring event. PBR for everyone!

Edited by lawnchairboy

Yes.

Pendulum.

RT -> GS -> RT

seems to be a noticeable swing over the yeats on the board.

Still more GS/GSA's.

Now if you and Mitch had added 2 more...

:wave:

Lone_RT_rider
The way I hear it, Sean may well show up for START with, gulp, a Milwaukee product and try to start a new model trend.

Would you bring a knife to a gun fight? ;)