IGNORED

Alternative to Sena

Peter K

I don't want to draw the ire of Sena devotees here, but I have to finally admit that I made a mistake in buying the 20s, along with the Schubert helmet that I bought to use it in. Both over hyped & overpriced pieces of you know what. Too late now for all that now.

I'll keep the helmet for a couple years more, but I just cannot live with the Sena anymore and I am looking for a solid alternative....One that updates when you ask it to, as well as one that does not require you to tape the owner's manual to your windshield in order to use it. The Sena is not in this category...not unless I am willing to give up riding time in order to sort it out! Appreciate suggestions of those who have actually used other devices. Thanks!

I don't know that switching brands will bring you any satisfaction. From what I have seen, they all are designed for millennials. You know, the kids that have electronics device manuals tattooed into their eyelids.

I stayed away from the 20S because I didn't want some of the stuff it does. For the same reasons you are having......

I would like to find one that only Bluetooth's to phone, GPS and intercom. Don't want radio or music. I have a Cardo G9 it's ok but have issues with the voice recognition.

Peter... all I can say is my Sena 10S works perfectly- every time. no fuss. Start the bike and and hit the Power button on the Sena...as the bike is warming it automatically pairs itself to various devices...(after proper setup of course.) At the same time I power-on the Sena and it automatically pairs to the Nav V.

This takes only pushing the On Button on the Sena and the Key to On position on the bike.

All this is a result of taking the 10 minutes it takes to Watch the "RKA Video" on Youtube about how to do it.

Seriously- I totally understand your frustration but a few minutes on-line will solve all your problems- at no cost if you are willing to follow simple directions.

lawnchairboy

only reason I have the sena 20s is that my 10s physically broke due to my abuse. both units work (ed) fine for me.

Well,....if'n you don't want the 20s anymore, I'll be the first to throw fiddy bucks at you to sell it to the Living the Dream Foundation of Riding Experiences ;)

I've had my Sena for seven years and other than now having to charge it every three days (1 hour commute each way, so every six or so hours it need charging), I've not got a complaint.

Peter... all I can say is my Sena 10S works perfectly- every time. no fuss. Start the bike and and hit the Power button on the Sena...as the bike is warming it automatically pairs itself to various devices...(after proper setup of course.) At the same time I power-on the Sena and it automatically pairs to the Nav V.

This takes only pushing the On Button on the Sena and the Key to On position on the bike.

All this is a result of taking the 10 minutes it takes to Watch the "RKA Video" on Youtube about how to do it.

Seriously- I totally understand your frustration but a few minutes on-line will solve all your problems- at no cost if you are willing to follow simple directions.

+1

Though I did have a pair of S10S at Fart, one used, one brand new in box and didn't have a single person interested at the flea market.

I just bought a cheapo ($50) bluetooth intercom/headset from Amazon on a whim. I'll let you all know how it works out after it arrives.

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought a cheapo ($50) bluetooth intercom/headset from Amazon on a whim. I'll let you all know how it works out after it arrives.

OK, the device came in, and I've had a chance to use it over a three hour ride.

I'm doing a review in the reviews section.