IGNORED

Handlebar Weights

Bimmer-Biker

Bimmer-Biker

Just bought a 2004 R1150RT that is missing one of the handlebar weights. Curious as to how they affect the bike and whether it is worth replacing it? They are about $50 for 2, so while it messes with my OCD to screw with the bike aesthetics to have one missing, I have better uses for the $50.

Hi, and welcome. Before i would spend the $50, i would and did spend a little more to replace the wieghts with a Throttle Miester if you dont have cruise.

Just bought a 2004 R1150RT that is missing one of the handlebar weights. Curious as to how they affect the bike and whether it is worth replacing it? They are about $50 for 2, so while it messes with my OCD to screw with the bike aesthetics to have one missing, I have better uses for the $50.

Afternoon Bimmer-Biker

Those handlebar end weights are there to take the mid frequency buzz out of the handlebars. They work so you should have them both on the bike.

You will also need the retaining bolt.

Just put BMW handlebar end weight into E-Bay & you should find many. Just make sure they are BMW & not aftermarket as some aftermarket need modifications of the bar ends to work.

I have seen those end weights on E-Bay for as low as $10.00 with free shipping so just be patient & check back a few times until what you want shows up.

Bimmer-Biker

Does anyone know how bike specific these weights are? There are a ton of them for all variety of bike models. Just wondering if it is a pretty stock item across a bunch of model lines.

Does anyone know how bike specific these weights are? There are a ton of them for all variety of bike models. Just wondering if it is a pretty stock item across a bunch of model lines.

Afternoon Bimmer-Biker

The BMW 1100RT, 1150RT, & 1200RT (camhead, hexhead) use the same end weight (I don't know about the 1200WC) . I believe the 800GS will fit but they are heavier & longer.

The matching 1100 / 1150 / 1200 R series should also fit.

My recently acquired R1100S was also missing a heandlebar weight.. I just removed the other side.

No need for extra weight on the bike that's high up away from the ground level.

I don't use deathgrips while riding, gel cycling gloves works great for damping vibes.