IGNORED

Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) - Blowing Rock, NC

Indy Dave

Ok, so....my journey to START has taken me from Raleigh, NC to Akron OH now residing in Stauton VA. This journey has taken me through 30mph wind gusts in WV and OH, a buzzard strike to the helmet at 60mph in OH, a tornado, in OH and then snow...in OH. Anyone seeing a pattern here? On the upside I highly recommend WV State Routes 3 and 28. They are smooth, well maintained and not heavily traveled. US 40 and 11 in VA were astonishing. Just wished the traffic was a little lighter. Heading down the BRP from Waynesboro tomorrow (well what sections are open) then on to BR, hopefully by 1700. See everyone tomorrow.

Mike

Whoa! Mike!! That;s one hell of a START to START. Ride easy my friend, I have a sinking feeling your neck is going to be sore when you wake up.

Going to be chilly here tomorrow. Glad your OK!

See you soon!

RANDY is looking to share a room. He's in Atlanta and wants to be here - anyone have space? He's looking for a bed - not a pull out or roll-a-way.

Bundle up tomorrow! PM him or let me know is you have room for him.

Thanks

Edited by Indy Dave
Lone_RT_rider
RANDY is looking to share a room. He's in Atlanta and wants to be here - anyone have space? He's looking for a bed - not a pull out or roll-a-way.

Bundle up tomorrow! PM him or let me know is you have room for him.

Thanks

He's set with a Room. Randy, check your PM, and don't forget to send references. :P

Lone_RT_rider

Well, this morning isn't starting out too well. I hope this isn't an omen. I'm glad I put the bike in the back of the truck LAST night! :facepalm:

20180419_054823-XL.jpg

From the looks of that picture, you will consider the temps in Blowing Rock to be down right tropical!

You should get some kind of award for even starting out from home!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Davis and I spent three days in Asheville last night. We're both getting tires at the dealership this morning then heading to Blowing Rock via the BRP. SEE YOU SOON!!

Well, this morning isn't starting out too well. I hope this isn't an omen. I'm glad I put the bike in the back of the truck LAST night! :facepalm:

20180419_054823-XL.jpg

Welcome back to the Midwest.

Lone_RT_rider
Welcome back to the Midwest.

This stuff doesn't bother me near as much as the single digit high temps we had in December.

WOOT WOOT!! Happy Trails!

Speaking of trails - While out and about riding, don't forget to snap a few nifty pictures of you and or your group. You need one for admission to the All Out, Snow Ain't Stoppin' Us Contest to be held during Friday's Dinner. Send those beaute's to: startfarting@gmail.com

Edited by Indy Dave

ADMINISTRIVA

** Friday's Dinner will be held in the same pair of rooms as Breakfast. (That's on the ground floor) We'd been holding out the chance of having dinner on the patio, but.... well...... Our Florida Clan might get Frost Damage if it's below 60. :rofl: Bar opens at 5:30, Dinner at 6:30.

** NAG NAG NAG :whistle: Please remember to record you bike's odometer reading at the front desk. Ken and I would prefer not to embarrass anyone in front of the quilters by having to ask you for it in person. :thumbsup::rofl::stir:

** The Bike washing station is the parking area between buildings, you'll see the roped off area.

There are some quilters here already. I'm offering up a Whopping $5 (or 5 Loonies Canadian :money:) for the first person to get a quilter to ride of the back of their bike around the parking lot (or further).

It's a GREAT Day in Blowing Rock, ENJOY!

20180419_054823-XL.jpg

Just.

Damn...

If anyone was planning to stop at the Shady Valley Country Store it will be open on Saturday the 21st not open today🤢

• 2 weeks later...

HOLD ON THERE Reeny! Don't get too comfortable, there's a Mighty Big FART building . . . Stay tuned!

20180428_154133.jpg

20180426_154823.jpg

"I didn't mean THAT right!!"

not%20THAT%20right%20turn.jpg

I remember seeing that truck parked there. Looks like he knew where he was going.

Maybe he was waiting for the GS-Guys?

Indy Dave

I think you're right, Bernie. There is a grassy, but steep path there. The truck's right front was buried to the axle. :revit:

**   Chris   **

I know this is a little late, but I just wanted to thank the organizers of START. I had a great time, it was great venue. I know I didn't get to stay as long as I had planned and didn't get to follow Bernie for one of his epic rides, but it was still great to see everyone. I did enjoy one day of scenic dirt road riding.

Looking forward to riding east again in the not too distant furture!