IGNORED

Continental Road Attack 3

RecentConvert

RecentConvert

Any real world experience with this new tire?

I like the concept of a continuum of rubber hardness from center to edge rather than the ridge that develops with the two compound tires. I would like to know how real this concept is. And how long they last. Great ideas don't always work out.

Continentals concept of curing the rubber during the build to control hardness/wear is not new. They have been doing that with previous generations. While the Road Attack II that came on my RT when new got decent mileage, the front tire was one of the worst tires I have ever run on a bike! A lot of that had to be from the weird tread pattern and the RA III looks to be getting away from that. BUT, I won't be a guinea pig for them as the previous version was a failure in my opinion.

Like Terry the ones that came on my bike when new were the worst tires I've ever had on a bike. They slid around so much and road-walked with that tread pattern, I took them off at 2000 miles and chunked em. I seriously thought something was wrong with the front end of the bike. I changed the tires and the bike is on rails. YMMV

I have done 2,000 miles, on a Twin Cam RT, on the RA3, & I'm impressed thus far.

They replaced Dunlop Roadsmart's, which is IMO a fine tyre, but on the recommendation of the UK importer I tried the Conti's.

I'd buy them again.

I prefer them to the the Michelin Pilot Road 4, which I found a disappointment on "feel" & mileage.

In more than one "group test" on this side of the pond they have come out very well indeed.