IGNORED

How do you know it has Sirius? and other questions.

Colorado Jeff

Colorado Jeff

Hi Everyone:

I am shopping for a wethead and the owner of the bike I am looking at (it's 1,000 miles away, so I cannot just go look at it) says it has Sirius radio, but I don't see the round hockey puck like receiver in the images he sent. Should I be able to see that or is it built in someplace one cannot see? Also, what exactly is "radio software"?

He's not exactly sure what factory options he had installed. He keeps saying "its loaded", but cannot find the original invoice nor can his dealer find/create a duplicate. Anyway to find that info with the VIN? He said it has Central Locking and Anti-Theft, but I don't see the Central Locking button next to the Mode button, so I think he might be a bit confused on the options installed.

Its a '14 and says the warranty/recall repair work has been performed. Anything else I should be concerned about on a '14?

Thanks!

Jeff

The Sirius antenna is mounted under the plastic cowl that's under the windscreen. Not exactly the best of locations as it can drop out from time to time depending on where you're pointed. There are a few spots on my commute that it routinely drops out for a few seconds. Short of that, however, it does work most of the time.

Yeah, if there is no third button at the top of the right switch cluster, no central locking.

As far as 14's go, it was just the shock recall. After that, it'll come down to getting the appropriate services done when they should.

There are several VIN decoders online, one is here. Should provide the factory codes for all the original options. Google Translate or the Chrome browser can help with German descriptions.

Jeff... feel free to PM me if you like or just see below.

I am in Colorado springs. I have a '14 Wethead if you want to look one over. Mine has all the bells and whistles and I love it.

Sirius is built-in if you have the audio system and most of them came that way. Same with Central Locking, Navigator V (GPS) etc.

The VIN is the key. If you have the VIN you can go to a BMW dealer and they can tell you about the bike. Take the number to the Service guy and tell him what you want.. he will probably do it for you in real time.

You can also do it online as the posters above have said- but speaking to the dealer has advantages.

If I can help- let me know. If interested Send a PM and will give address/numbers etc.