IGNORED

Never watch YouTube bike reviews.

Bimmer-Biker

Arrgh I should have never, ever watched several YouTube review videos for the new 2018 R 1200 GS ADVENTURE. I am now in a fever pitch to figure out how to afford one. Stupidly ridiculously expensive, but what a bike. Get on that thing and I will be crawling up every single forest service road in the Seattle area and planning a trip to Chile. If I did not already have a lease on my 320i, I would probably be signing new papers by the end of the week.

Dennis Andress

Relax and take a few deep breaths. Then rationalize that used is as good as new.

If all that fails, BMW's will finance your purchase in 48 small monthly payments, followed by a large balloon payment at the end.

Ha - Like that balloon payment thing. Let us get you on that bike for as little as possible so that you sign and then later on whamo...

Dennis Andress

I'm sure BMW would rather you trade it in for another one.

There are lots of 2-3 year old GS, RT and RS bikes for sale on CycleTrader.

Oh, I've seen really slick sales folks put a brand new $$$ jacket on your shoulders as you are reading the loan docs.

Edited by Dennis Andress

Love the poser video. P-P-P-Poser.

A few years ago at the MOA rally, we were watching some riders doing a dirtbike course competition. One guy stood there waiting his turn. He was right up front doing all this stretching and calisthenics, making a bit of a scene out of it. He was also busy telling the guy next to him all about how it's done. Pointing and gesturing as riders went by... got on his 650gs with his new foreskin moto suit and dropped it like every 6 feet. Another guy wasn't paying attention. He was back in the crowd, facing the wrong way, talking to someone. they called his name four times. He came a running, jumped on this beat to hell 1150gs wearing old jeans and a tshirt. nailed the course and disappeared. He had won some little prize, but didn't stick around for it. Prolly had to find the beer garden.... We still laugh about that once in a while.

John Ranalletta

Have seen the same scenario played out on the golf course (one reason I stopped playing). Expensive clubs & bag; new Shark clothing; stands over the ball, waggling for 5 minutes and shanks most drives just past the tee box.

Ah you misunderstood me - I was just joking about not having anymore disposable income for a new payment.

Sorry mate, no worries ...... please don't think less of me, little slow on the uptake.

• 2 weeks later...

This review kills me, compares the BMW K1300GT with the Kawasaki GTR 1400 Concourse. The reviewers gush over the traction control the Kawasaki has but claim the BMW lacks traction control. I guess they never paused to wonder what that "ASC" button on the left grip stood for.