IGNORED

2006 RT stall while hot

Buckster

Recently while stuck in very slow moving Austin traffic for about 45 minutes (90 degrees), my 2006 RT got up to just over 3/4 on the temp gauge (no red triangle though) then stalled. I was able to restart it and had to keep the rpms up above 1500. Then it stalled again and would not start. I pushed it off to the side and waited about 10 mins. The engine did restart and I moved out. It stalled several mins later but restarted. Traffic started moving and the temp gauge came down to normal while I rode the 2 hours home. However the engine has a miss now. I am hoping that the miss is caused by a bad sparkplug which are due to be changed. The RT has just over 100K and I have changed the idle controllers about 20K ago.

Anyone else have a similar situation?

Recently while stuck in very slow moving Austin traffic for about 45 minutes (90 degrees), my 2006 RT got up to just over 3/4 on the temp gauge (no red triangle though) then stalled. I was able to restart it and had to keep the rpms up above 1500. Then it stalled again and would not start. I pushed it off to the side and waited about 10 mins. The engine did restart and I moved out. It stalled several mins later but restarted. Traffic started moving and the temp gauge came down to normal while I rode the 2 hours home. However the engine has a miss now. I am hoping that the miss is caused by a bad sparkplug which are due to be changed. The RT has just over 100K and I have changed the idle controllers about 20K ago.

Anyone else have a similar situation?

Morning Buckster

Difficult to tell you much with the limited info but with the engine now having a miss that sort of points to a failing stick coil, or as you mention a spark plug issue, or even a valve issue.

First you need to find the reason for the miss (verify stick coil operation, check spark plugs, possibly give the engine a compression test, etc).

Then repair the reason for the miss.

Then see if your stalling goes away.