IGNORED

service engine light on

pdpwcd

do I really have to spend $400 USD to get rid of my service engine light wrench on the dash does anyone know if BMW dealer will erase it I want to do my own maintenance

I don't know what your dealer will do for you, but if you do your own maintenance the GS911 is a good investment. The enthusiast model will pay for itself in one saved trip to the dealer.

Edited by ltljohn

What a coincedence, I am out riding this morning and my service wrench illuminated on my dash as well. I am about 2k miles from the 30k service. I was pondering just ignoring it until my 30k service. I don't know of anyone near me with the GS911 that can assist me with resetting it. I really don't want to take it to the dealer now, only to have to take my bike later to have the 30k service completed.

What a coincedence, I am out riding this morning and my service wrench illuminated on my dash as well. I am about 2k miles from the 30k service. I was pondering just ignoring it until my 30k service. I don't know of anyone near me with the GS911 that can assist me with resetting it. I really don't want to take it to the dealer now, only to have to take my bike later to have the 30k service completed.

I would think if you run by your dealer and tell him the nag drives you nuts, he will shut it off for you since you will let him do the service in another 2K. Now if your not good to your word I would not do that to your dealer.

I would think if you run by your dealer and tell him the nag drives you nuts, he will shut it off for you since you will let him do the service in another 2K. Now if your not good to your word I would not do that to your dealer.

I do my own service but i do not have a gs911. I ran mine to the dealer who reset it and checked for software updates. the cost was $50.00 I have an 2014