IGNORED

2018 Triumph Tigers

TEWKS

The bikes are very nice for sure but what's most impressive, the film location. Bill will surely recognize it! :thumbsup:

Pat

Pat I think Triumph may have been lurking in Ride Tales the last couple of years. :grin:

Edited by roadscholar

( The 850 GS ) It's got the sound for sure! :thumbsup: The last scene in that Triumph ad is permanently etched into my brain thanks to you. No really, thank you! :grin::clap:

Pat

Edited by TEWKS

:thumbsup:

Edited the 850 out earlier, what the heck, here it is. I like the gold wheels (yeah I know the AT had em first but my CX500 Turbo had em 35 years ago too : )

The 1200 has shaft drive. When did that happen? Last time I looked at Tiger(1050) it was chain drive, correct?

The 1200 has always had shaft.

The last scene in the ad is of the famous (in my mind anyway) Black Bear Pass in Colorado. If you're curious as to the extent of the adrenaline rush one would receive riding it, take a look at this vid at the 11:00 mark. :eek:

PS...Bill it may be time to do it again! ;) Well, next summer anyhow. :grin:

Pat

PS...Bill it may be time to do it again! ;) Well, next summer anyhow. :grin:

Pat

You know the old adage, 'Lord willin' and the creek don't rise'. Well maybe they don't use that one up north I don't know : )

IMG_1801-X2.jpg

You know the old adage,

'Lord willin' and the creek don't rise'. Well maybe they don't use that one up north I don't know : )

Sounds like something the late great Shelby Foote may have said on occasion. ;) Could be just me, again but, Mr. Foote sure could have passed as a relative of yours.

CIgsRWaUcAEjsSa.jpg

Pat

I hear ya, although I think it's growing on me. Guzzi's have always been a little quirky and the people that like them love them (and usually accept the flaws). Black, silver, or plain white would be nice and I'd think available if it goes into production, lot of times a manufacturer will try something striking to grab attention on a prototype or introduction. On the website they're asking people to come up with a name, I wrote in 'V85 Arrivederci' : )

I hear ya, although I think it's growing on me. Guzzi's have always been a little quirky and the people that like them love them (and usually accept the flaws). Black, silver, or plain white would be nice and I'd think available if it goes into production, lot of times a manufacturer will try something striking to grab attention on a prototype or introduction. On the website they're asking people to come up with a name, I wrote in 'V85 Arrivederci' : )

Guzzis are no more quirky than BMWs. They are great bikes, just have a scant dealer network. If you are a fair wrench you can do 95% of the maintenance yourself.

Lone_RT_rider
The 1200 has shaft drive. When did that happen? Last time I looked at Tiger(1050) it was chain drive, correct?

The 1200 has always had shaft.

Yes, but the 1050 did not. I guess I haven't looked at the larger Tiger in a while.