IGNORED

Shoei GT Air Vs Schuberth C3 Pro

RT5HTP

I'm kind of regretting not buying a hi-viz helmet. I've been wearing a Schuberth C3 Pro which I like, but I got it in black. Love the helmet, but, again, it's black. If I could find a C3 Pro in my size for a reasonable price, I'd probably get it. But, whenever I find one on the internet, it's going for a lot more money than I spent on mine. I'm thinking about the Shoei GT Air in Brilliant Yellow. Superb wind protection and comfort is a must for me. I've gone to a local m/c dealer a couple of times and tried the GT Air on for size and it fits well. The only (minor) negative I can think of of: I love the ratchet strap on my C3 Pro vs the strap/D-rings. Anyone out there have experience with both of these helmets? Is the wind protection with the GT Air as good as the C3 Pro?

To throw a bit of a wrench into the situation and make me seem like a complete flake, I've been intrigued with the soon-to-be-released, Sena Momentum INC helmet.

https://www.sena.com/product/noise-control-helmet/

This helmet is designed specifically for noise-control. I'm not sure if I want to be a guinnea pig for this helmet, but it also doesn't come in hi-viz

Would love some input on the GT Air. Thanks.

Dave.

the Shoei helmets in the last 5-6 yr haven't been the best in long term .

if you pull the liners out, the foam on the liners is not covered in material to protect it against abraiding or perspiration .

so, it wears out .

the schuberth and the arai in my opinion are two of the tops in quality.

you can wear a hi viz jacket . I swore I would never do it but 2 yr I ate crow and did . that makes a big diff in cars seeing you. I also got a headlight modulator . that was also good money spent.

you can brighten up your helmet at night with reflective decals or even hi viz decal panels for daytime .

Check out FC MOTO; depending on your helmet size they have a (very) few Schuberth C3 Pro's remaining at good prices. Maybe not hi-viz but not black either!

Example here: https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=79064190&ViewAction=ViewProduct

Remember, that price is less 19% VAT tax, plus shipping. Total is more in the $425.00 range.

Good luck in your search.

Been very happy with my GT Air for several years now.

I got the white,which is probably a close second to the yellow,as far as visibility.

I have hiviz garments and a hiviz vest,so that hopefully makes me stand out as much as possible.

Helmet is pretty quiet and is all day comfortable.

I find the fit and finish to be fine,have not noticed any defects,exposed parts,etc.

Love the drop down sunscreen,no more needing to wear sunglasses and get temples pinched!

Great ventilation too,very important here in California and the western deserts.

JR356

Edited by JR356

I had a C3 and hated it. My wife has a C3 Pro and loves it so go figure! I like to crack open my face shield in the summer and the C3 just wont do that. Drove me nuts! I bought a GT Air about three years ago and am completely satisfied. Just a quiet as the C3 and the vents work great. The tinted internal visor of the C3 spoiled me and that was one of the reasons I chose the GT Air. Ive owned several Shoei helmets and dont think there is a problem with the quality. I have the Sena 10 that is built for the GT Air and it works well but they make a version for the Schuberth as well.

the Shoei helmets in the last 5-6 yr haven't been the best in long term .

if you pull the liners out, the foam on the liners is not covered in material to protect it against abraiding or perspiration .

so, it wears out .

the schuberth and the arai in my opinion are two of the tops in quality.

you can wear a hi viz jacket . I swore I would never do it but 2 yr I ate crow and did . that makes a big diff in cars seeing you. I also got a headlight modulator . that was also good money spent.

you can brighten up your helmet at night with reflective decals or even hi viz decal panels for daytime .

Appreciate that info on the recent Shoeis. I hadn't heard that in my research. I also appreciate the tips. I would have preferred to go with hi-viz jackets, but didn't like the hi-viz options with the jackets I got. I use the Klim Apex and Apex Air and absolutely love both jackets.

Check out FC MOTO; depending on your helmet size they have a (very) few Schuberth C3 Pro's remaining at good prices. Maybe not hi-viz but not black either!

Example here: https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=79064190&ViewAction=ViewProduct

Remember, that price is less 19% VAT tax, plus shipping. Total is more in the $425.00 range.

Good luck in your search.

Thank you. I did check the site out, but no hi-viz yellow. I don't know if I'd purchase overseas. Not sure if they are like-for-like helmets? The hi-viz looks like a different color, non DOT (although I'm sure the standards are at least as good). I've already had to send my C3 back to Schuberth USA...took quite a while. Not sure how that would go with an overseas purchase.

Been very happy with my GT Air for several years now.

I got the white,which is probably a close second to the yellow,as far as visibility.

I have hiviz garments and a hiviz vest,so that hopefully makes me stand out as much as possible.

Helmet is pretty quiet and is all day comfortable.

I find the fit and finish to be fine,have not noticed any defects,exposed parts,etc.

Love the drop down sunscreen,no more needing to wear sunglasses and get temples pinched!

Great ventilation too,very important here in California and the western deserts.

JR356

Sounds like you have had a positive experience with your GT Air. I love the sun shield on my C3, but if they could only make this anti-fog :). I have read that the venting is especially good on the GT Air vs the C3. Thank you.

I had a C3 and hated it. My wife has a C3 Pro and loves it so go figure! I like to crack open my face shield in the summer and the C3 just wont do that. Drove me nuts! I bought a GT Air about three years ago and am completely satisfied. Just a quiet as the C3 and the vents work great. The tinted internal visor of the C3 spoiled me and that was one of the reasons I chose the GT Air. Ive owned several Shoei helmets and dont think there is a problem with the quality. I have the Sena 10 that is built for the GT Air and it works well but they make a version for the Schuberth as well.

Just as quiet is what I want to hear. Thank you. I do have the Sena 10U installed on my C3 and really like it.

I don't think anyone can tell YOU what helmet will work best for you. There is just too much variation in fit and expectations. Even comparing different helmets of the same brand.

I do think white or yellow helmets are great for visibility. Maybe better than a hi viz jacket. Due to the height of your helmet. I have payed attention to what I see best/first on motorcyclists that I see when traveling. Plus, light colors are a lot cooler in the hot sun!

I've got a hi viz C3 pro and a matte black GT Air.

GT flows more air.

GT is quieter.

C3 is lighter.

C3 is modular.

I've had D rings since the beginning of time, so no issue with the GT.

C3 ratchet strap is less comfortable than the GT D rings.

GT better in adverse conditions like rain and fog up.

Both with shaded flip downs. Equally as good.

Sena easier install on GT.

You wear them. Then decide.

As others said, if hi viz gear, then helmet color unimportant.

MB>

I've got a hi viz C3 pro and a matte black GT Air.

GT flows more air.

GT is quieter.

C3 is lighter.

C3 is modular.

I've had D rings since the beginning of time, so no issue with the GT.

C3 ratchet strap is less comfortable than the GT D rings.

GT better in adverse conditions like rain and fog up.

Both with shaded flip downs. Equally as good.

Sena easier install on GT.

You wear them. Then decide.

As others said, if hi viz gear, then helmet color unimportant.

MB>

Just what I was looking for- someone with both the C3 and GT Air. Love to here the GT Air is more quiet than C3 (for you). I've already tried the GT Air on a couple of times and it fits well. Think I may pull the trigger. Thanks!

So I replaced my C3 two years ago with a Shoei Neotech. The Schubert was a good helmet, but I like the Shoei more. I haven't noticed any QC issues. I do like being able to flip up the visor for air.

The ratcheting strap was pretty good on the Schubert but not a deal breaker.

Just received the GT Air Hi-viz today. Only had time to take it out for a quick spin today. Only did about 10 miles. Seemed a bit louder than the C3, but again, the ride was very short. Also, it was a very windy day here. The fit/comfort is perfect, pinlock visor worked great (39 degrees) and I love the the Hi-viz!

I just read an article stating the human eyes respond quicker to light than color. Take away was that better lighting will get more attention than hi-viz jackets and helmets. I can't remember the publication.

I just read an article stating the human eyes respond quicker to light than color. Take away was that better lighting will get more attention than hi-viz jackets and helmets. I can't remember the publication.

It's not an either/or situation, you can use lighting AND hi-viz to be seen. Helmets can be seen from angles that block lighting.

Went for a little longer ride wearing my GT Air yesterday. It was less windy than my previous test ride. I am 100 % satisfied with the wind protection, fit and comfort. Not sure why this wasn't the case, but my sun visor didn't appear to fog up like my C3 Pro, in similar temps...certainly not complaining!