IGNORED

DEATH VALLEY CHECK IN!

mrduck

In by 1, another great weekend.

Great people, perfect riding temps, no performance awards!

Thanks for coming out, a good time was had......

Don J

CoarsegoldKid

Left the Exchange Club at 7:13am and arrived home at 2:20pm. Speed is relative to those around you. This was another fun weekend in Death Valley. No performance awards, but not for the lack of trying. Just damn good luck.

Another great Death Valley weekend.

A big thanks to Mr. Duck for organizing the meal at KC's, and a big thank for all the peeps that showed up and made it such a memorable weekend

Left the Exchange Club at 7:13am and arrived home at 2:20pm. Speed is relative to those around you.

Umm, ahh, well,,I have no idea what you're implying here...........

But that was big fun!

Don J

Another great Death Valley weekend.

A big thanks to Mr. Duck for organizing the meal at KC's, and a big thank for all the peeps that showed up and made it such a memorable weekend

Worth the effort to get to spend the weekend with such a fine bunch!

Thanks

Don J

In at 3:15

Went out the back way with Bill, Sebastian, and Mikko.

95-266-264-6-120

Overcast till Tioga Pass, low was 31f. Clear roads. Zero traffic until Don Pedro bridge. Then follow the leader weekend Bay Area returning traffic.

DVD rules.

MB>

Back home without incident. Nice to see everyone. Best DVD so far since we didn't have to deal with that annoying Temecula dude that sometime shows up. :lurk:

Thanks mrduck.

Elba and I were home by 2 pm.

One of the best DVD weekends I can remember! (of course that's the first thing to go...)

Mr. Duck, as always, thanks for doing the dirty work.

Also thanks to Hey Frank and Hakan, for driving my girl over those dirty, dusty bits!

Elba says, "Thanks for being so nice. I had fun!"

See y'all next time!

TheDigginDutchman

Home by 1pm we had a great weekend Ed and Scott are looking for bikes already I think there hooked.

Thanks again for all who participated it was good to see every one again.

Cornelis

Home about 4:30. I was, as is often the case, the last one to leave Beatty (I turned out the lights). Decided to go 190 to 395, where I failed to catch mrduck and his ducklings (little did I know they took Wildrose Canyon). Looked at my time and decided I'd like to avoid the two-lane part of 395 with all its truck traffic, so I took 14. Somebody had turned off all those wind machines on the hills in the Antelope Valley ( :) ), so for the first time in my experience, it was calm there! Stopped for lunch in Lancaster, slightly ahead of mrduck at that point, it would appear, and then took Mt. Emma Rd. and Big Pines Highway up to the Crest, then down to 138 and 15. A couple of bits of traffic on 15 and 215, but not too horrible.

It was a great weekend, with perfect weather on Friday and Saturday. It sure was nice to see everybody!

What a great DVD...! Sue and LBump are home.

Thanks for all your efforts MrDuck in putting this together. :thumbsup: And another thank you for the celebratory anniversary cake. The thought is what counted, because the dry Strawberry cake sucked and tasted like it was ten days old.

Though, the spice cake was good.

What can I say... Sue had a special anniversary in DeathValley/Beatty, NV with a special group! :jaw:

Home after yet another great day of riding. Tioga pass was stunning. Great idea Mark. I didn't get picked up by that bald eagle even though my bike might be small enough. Thanks Mr Duck for organizing Dinner. I was fortunate to hook up on some great rides on many new-to-me roads thanks to Mikko, Gary, and the rest of the "gang". Really enjoyed all the great conversations along the way.

Not in yet, still roaming. 168 ,white mt Rd/yesterday , 120/glacier pt today!!

Great DVD

Had interesting dinner with Thor Peter and Bo. Thor needs to write a book or at least a screenplay about his life.

Thanks to mr duck for keeping me on the right roads and for his usual outstanding organization.

Edited by longjohn

Home last night, ended up riding all the way to ABQ day before yesterday. Droned along at 100 all day, invisible to cops. I never understand how I blow past the truckers, then an hour later, I blow by them again. Don't they ever stop to pee? They all waved at me as they got used to seeing me.

Add my thanks to Don Duck for the organization. Was fun to see and meet everyone, although the uh, ribbing began to get old by Saturday night. Get it? Didja get it, huh, huh?

Got in last night about 5:15. A big thanks to Mr. Duck for organizing, also to Mikko and Sebastian for letting me tag along through Titus Canyon and last but not least to Thor for giving Jan and I free lodging,breakfast and great conversation. Good to see everyone again and we'll do it again.

In at 1830.

I tried the 120 entrance to Yosemite from 395 and found some frozen moisture on the road at a few spots approaching the fee gate (not manned), and as I went further in it got increasingly worse, until a ranger stopped me and told me that "You're not going to make it". By that time the temp was 26º. She also said I would be coming to black ice. 5 others on RTs were a few minutes ahead of me and I don't know how they faired. I turned around and headed home. GRRRRR!!!!

You might want to double check your credit/debit card charges from the Exchange Club.

I made my reservation with the first night deposit back on September 11. When I showed up on Friday they didn't have my reservation or any record of the charge for the first night. With no record of my reservation or deposit I registered and paid for the two nights. When I got back home I was able to verify that I was charged on my card back in September so a dispute was filed, but when I checked my card's statement on Tuesday, I had a charge for the two nights and an additional charge for a night. So I got to spend another 40 minutes on the phone with Chase filing another dispute.

Not sure what their problem is, but dealing with it is annoying. :mad:

Eddd.

You ride a green bike. You SHOULD be charged double.

But really, your beef is with the motel, NOT Chase....

Straighten it out with Exchange Club and get a credit on your account.

Good luck.

MB>

Eddd.

You ride a green bike. You SHOULD be charged double.

But really, your beef is with the motel, NOT Chase....

Straighten it out with Exchange Club and get a credit on your account.

Good luck.

MB>

I talked to the Exchange people but since they had no record of my deposit I had to go to Chase to try and get a transaction number or some type of proof. Chase's position was to let them handle it through there dispute process. Chase immediately credited my account with the first incorrect Exchange charge. Now they are working on the second incorrect Exchange charge.

Don,

Thank you for great arrangements in DV. It all worked very well this time. Even the Lasagna was good.

Me and my Old Honda enjoyed the outing in spite of our tenured lives.

Hakan

I had the same problem with the exchange club a few years ago. They corrected it quickly in my case. I just went and checked. This time around they treated me right.

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to double check your credit/debit card charges from the Exchange Club.

I made my reservation with the first night deposit back on September 11. When I showed up on Friday they didn't have my reservation or any record of the charge for the first night. With no record of my reservation or deposit I registered and paid for the two nights. When I got back home I was able to verify that I was charged on my card back in September so a dispute was filed, but when I checked my card's statement on Tuesday, I had a charge for the two nights and an additional charge for a night. So I got to spend another 40 minutes on the phone with Chase filing another dispute.

Not sure what their problem is, but dealing with it is annoying. :mad:

Nobody wanted the room on either side of you due to your questionable nocturnal habits. They had to change you for there loss.