IGNORED

Here is an interesting article!!

Patallaire

I've seen almost any argument proven with statistics unfortunately. The article isn't surprising coming from Canada as it has some pretty 'liberal' laws against motorists already with photo radar and a $10,000 fine and vehicle impoundment for 50 Km over fine in Ontario. If motorcycle safety is so important, then the lawmakers need to make it a felony to cause an accident while texting on a phone. I see texting while driving so often that it makes me very uneasy stopping for stoplights on my bike now! Since the article ignored the advancements of traction control and anti-lock brakes now on motorcycles we might have to be quiet or they will proclaim motorcycle stats have gotten worse even with these safety technologies. :dopeslap:

It's one thing to say people on motorcycles have higher medical costs. It's another to assign a cause to that. I'd be curious to see some other statistics on single vehicle accidents, moto-moto, moto-car, parsed out by fault. Maybe add bicycles and peds to the the mix.

What I would suspect, is that a motorcycle crash, without colliding with a car, is less expensive than colliding with a car. The car is to blame for the price difference. The car may be safer for the occupants, but much more dangerous for those outside the vehicle (motorcyclists, bicyclists, pedestrians, dogs, cats, etc.).

Just a thought.

Heard some time ago that air travel statistically per mile is the safest, but per crash an entirely different animal! :cry: Maybe the next crusade will be motorcyclists that are airline travelers!