IGNORED

Vacuum Hose

Goodoni

So, while doing some winter maintenance on my 96 RT 1100.

When I removed the Tupperware, on the left side (while sitting) of my bike I noticed a vacuum hose that is not connected to anything. It's just above the Throttle Body, I looked in the area where the hose might connect too but I cannot find where it goes. The bike is running just fine, any thought area appreciated.

Thanks, Goodoni

Ride Safe

6790.jpg.f1f341ca43e622db4356664c0b45d83d.jpg

Since my tupperware is on right now, I'll make a guess.

On the bottom of the throttle body (both of them) there is a vacuum connector. If you look underneath, is your vacuum connector capped? The US equipped bikes have a charcoal canister to collect fuel vapors. There would have been a hose attached to each vacuum port on the throttle bodies and they would have joined together and routed to a vacuum switch and then to the canister. If your canister was removed, the hose might have been just cut off instead of removing it.

So, while doing some winter maintenance on my 96 RT 1100.

When I removed the Tupperware, on the left side (while sitting) of my bike I noticed a vacuum hose that is not connected to anything. It's just above the Throttle Body, I looked in the area where the hose might connect too but I cannot find where it goes. The bike is running just fine, any thought area appreciated.

Thanks, Goodoni

Ride Safe

Evening Goodoni

To me it looks more like the original (lead/acid) battery vent hose. If your 1100 bike now has a sealed battery the hose is not re-connected to the battery.

Here is picture of the "L" connector on the battery vent hose, see if it looks like what is on your mystery hose.

You might blow air through that hose & see where the air comes out.

61211459743_1_B.jpg

Dirtrider, Michaelr11, fatbob

Thanks for the reply's

Dirtrider is right - it's the old vent hose for the Battery!

Removed it last night, one less thing to worry about.

Thanks again,

Goodoni

Ride Safe.