IGNORED

New to me '05 R1200RT, red, California, Looking for original owner

FCG

Hi guys, proud owner of a '05 RT loaded, low mileage. I bought it at BMW of Ventura, CA and tried to have them put me in contact with the seller with no luck.

I have lots of questions about the set up/accessories. I hope that person reads me and can contact me.

Thank you and I will see you around.

I have had luck in the past by calling a BMW dealer, giving them the VIN, and having them tell me about the bike when sold (factory conditions) and maintenance history. Once you find out which dealer serviced the bike you can likely call them to see what they did over the years. Most work on BMWs is done by dealers - not owners. Having a savy BMW rider look at bike and talking to the service department(s) will likely negate need to talk to owner. If bike maintained by non-BMW shop or owner than you will get less data but then head over to your BMW shop or MOA club and have the experts tell you what you bought! BTW, getting meaningful accident, if any, history is very difficult.

I have had luck in the past by calling a BMW dealer, giving them the VIN, and having them tell me about the bike when sold (factory conditions) and maintenance history. Once you find out which dealer serviced the bike you can likely call them to see what they did over the years. Most work on BMWs is done by dealers - not owners. Having a savy BMW rider look at bike and talking to the service department(s) will likely negate need to talk to owner. If bike maintained by non-BMW shop or owner than you will get less data but then head over to your BMW shop or MOA club and have the experts tell you what you bought! BTW, getting meaningful accident, if any, history is very difficult.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually find the guy via an old invoice from a BMW dealer. All good.

Hi guys, proud owner of a '05 RT loaded, low mileage. I bought it at BMW of Ventura, CA and tried to have them put me in contact with the seller with no luck.

I have lots of questions about the set up/accessories. I hope that person reads me and can contact me.

Thank you and I will see you around.

Pics, we need pics. :)