IGNORED

Photoshop help needed

chrisd

I recently uploaded to Bridge 2018 several ScanDisks of pics. 24 folders in total, ordered by date. The pics were taken on a Fuji X-Pro 2, and the files are .RAF. They are RAW files only. Initially, all of the pics appeared as thumbnails, even in full screen preview mode.

Within each folder, upon attempting to open a pic, some of the thumbnails changed to symbols of disks, with a shutter and RAF in them. Others remained as thumbnails, but upon attempting to open them in Camera Raw or PS, the same symbol appeared, with the following- "Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file."

In Bridge, if I right click on the symbol and click- "Purge Cache For Selection", the thumbnail again appears, but will not open in Camera Raw or PS. The same message appears.

Can anyone suggest a solution to the problem, or the name of a forum on which I can address this?

i-2dFmvjq.png

Thanks

DP Review forums or Adobe Photoshop forums would probably help the most.

However, depending on the Photoshop/Lightroom product you use, there may not be direct support for opening/editing in Photoshop.

From what I can see, there isn't universal support for the Fuji RAW format in Adobe products.

Try taking a few of your files and putting them in a Temporary directory. Then convert those files to DNG format using the Adobe DNG Converter. See if those DNG files open properly in your version of Photoshop. Some converted Fuji RAW files are displayed as black & white, but can be converted to color using a settings change ( https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4061127) .

Mike Cassidy

Edited by MikeRC

Thanks guys. I tried using the DNG converter on .RAF files that I can process in PS, and the converter doesn't recognize them- The source folder does not contain any supported camera raw files.

I also deleted all downloaded files and re-imported them, and I got the same results.

What seems to be working so far is importing them into Lightroom, then saving them into a separate file as originals and as JPEGs, the only two options. I can then process the files in PS.

Right now, I can process all my files, and I'm storing them in bridge. I don't want to disturb anything. I'll try that when I'm done, including reinstalling Bridge, since that's where I got most of the error indications.