IGNORED

Corbin

jolawson

Not really answering your question here but I had one on my 94 RSL, very comfortable. The seat pan was a heavy thing and took some adjusting to get it to lock down IIRC. I'm sure the newer ones are just as comfortable but Corbin has brought on ( to themselves ) a terrible reputation of not giving a crap about its customers after the sale. I think this is why you may not see a lot of Corbin's on the newer BMW bikes. JMO. Also, Sargent makes a great looking seat for the RT. Another JMO. :grin:

Pat

Re: but Corbin has brought on ( to themselves ) a terrible reputation of not giving a crap about its customers after the sale..

I may already be experiencing some of that attitude, as I have been trying to get some

Questions answered before I order, without any responses via their website contact process !

Hmmm !!!!!

Unresponsive is the word on the street about Corbin, but YRMV. If your not going to go for one of the full custom fit seat makers then I second the Sargent as a semi custom (mass custom) alternative to Corbin. Probably similar comfort level to each other and Sargent has always been very responsive to my questions. Unfortunately, they don't do a one piece seat.

I got one for my previous bike (Triumph Tiger). One piece. Took some fiddling to latch at first, settled in over the years.

I had a fine experience with Corbin. I did not try to do anything over the internet besides set up an appointment, then rode to Hollister. They blew the foam base while I was there, let me ride on it and did some custom shaving of the seat, then covered it.

Corbin creates a hard-ish seat which wears into the contours of your posterior. It is not like a Barcalounger, but adjusts to your body over time.

No matter who you pick to do your seat - do it in person. This is a pretty expensive farkle, and one size *definitely* does not fit all. It was about 400 miles each way for me, and thus a pretty long day, but Highway 25 from 198 to Hollister is a nice ride anyway.

Prior to getting the Corbin, I went to Saddlemen and got a gel seat cover. They don't do custom (at least not at that time), but the fact that it was a face-to-face transaction let them be pretty responsive. I do not expect that I would have received the same service via email.

Best of luck, and forget everyone's advice, it is your fanny!

I have a brand new one (with heater) in the box.

I bought it, went for a ride and decided it didn't suit the way I ride (I hang off in corners) so I bought a Sargent and like it.

I would love to sell the Corbin on to someone who wants it for a big discount.

PM me.

Corbin (Ca) goes on winter hours and probably closes down for the Holidays.

Winter hours, they are not open the whole week.

The real way to contact them is a phone call, winter or summer.

Guess I have decided to do a Sargent front only. Will ask if I can ret for refund within 30 days, if seat does not solve my 2-3 hr ride limit, before my butt ache starts !