IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

Joe Frickin' Friday
It's a bit like sport-touring with friends.

Pat

Here's

(the insane bush plane featured near the end of your video) by the owner. Not much original equipment left on that thing. New engine, nearly triple the original power, and tons of other mods.
And now, for comic relief:

You can stop watching after 3.98 seconds.

Thank you. I needed a reminder that I'm wasting too much time in front of this screen.

:dopeslap:

Edited by lkraus

Here's a good one about paint protection film & ceramic coating - - and an unbelievable wash job by a pro:

. Got your Tesla model 3 yet?
Joe Frickin' Friday

360-degree cockpit video from an F-16 airshow exhibition flight:

The changing perspective and orientation is interesting. Apparently there is some sort of gyroscopic reference horizon in that camera, as it seems to maintain a lock on level during roll maneuvers. Halfway through the video he's flying formation with some old prop planes, and you can really hear him working on the throttle to match pace.

roadscholar

I found it interesting the relaxed mannerisms of the F-16 pilot in Mitch's video and the opposite one's of the race car driver. The previous all out record stood for 35 years (Porsche 962), this run was almost a full minute faster.

I found it interesting the relaxed mannerisms of the F-16 pilot in Mitch's video and the opposite one's of the race car driver.

Cool dudes for sure (F-anything pilots :grin:) but I'd bet if you put him down at tree top level, he'd be a little more animated. :dance:

Pat

Building a swimming pool around an underground house.

Pat

That was pretty cool Pat.

Another one from the

This guy's a good driver plus he knows the track.

Edited by roadscholar

Another one from the

Loved the white WRX cornering on 3 wheels.

Building a swimming pool around an underground house.

Pat

I know there was camera trickery going on but man, two powerhouse workers right there! :thumbsup:

Pat

Another one from the

Loved the white WRX cornering on 3 wheels.

I'm not sure we could pull that off here in "A Murica" it's kind of like a square dance, everyone has to pay attention and do their part for it to work. Or a high speed game of chess, the bishops, queen, king are eventually going to get you, there's no sense fighting it : ) But they are used to being courteous and understand speed differential in Europe partially because of the autobahn. Closest thing we have is Deal's Gap and Mulholland Dr., albeit with little controls other than the occasional LEO, where carnage is fairly commonplace.

Edited by roadscholar

Been there/done that in a NE2 which is a US Navy J3 Cub. Bought in Oakland, Ca. and flew to Miami. FUN!

Marty I had a cousin, Harry Ferran, that flew a J3 Cub from Barrow, AK to Key West in the 70's, I think it was some kind of record at the time. Also he landed on the North Pole (from Florida) several times in STOL aircraft. Said he had to put fuel tanks everywhere possible to make it across Hudson Bay.

Been there/done that in a NE2 which is a US Navy J3 Cub. Bought in Oakland, Ca. and flew to Miami. FUN!

Marty I had a cousin, Harry Ferran, that flew a J3 Cub from Barrow, AK to Key West in the 70's, I think it was some kind of record at the time. Also he landed on the North Pole (from Florida) several times in STOL aircraft. Said he had to put fuel tanks everywhere possible to make it across Hudson Bay.

That is truly amazing! Way further than I went in a Cub. Landed in a small field in W. Texas and the guy asked me where I'd come from and where i was going. When I told him he said I must be crazy. Fun times!

So Marty, I learned in a C150 and I think it cruised at about 100 knots. What was a Cub? Maybe 60-75? Must have done a lot of rotations. :grin:

Interesting character, Bill! :thumbsup: Adrenaline junkies run in the bloodline. ;) Sorry bout his untimely departure. :(

70530895_130666192201.jpg

Pat

He was a character Pat and Marty, I feel fortunate for the times I got to spend with him. Not only an airman but avid motorcyclist as well, he had a sizable collection of European bikes (mostly British) in the 70's and 80's.

Two of his more notable adventures in the 70's were he rode a Yamaha SR500 (a vibrating KSO Japanese copy of a British single) from Anchorage to Orlando. And when the R100RS came out in 1976 he bought one and rode it from Orlando to Montreal in 18 hours, before it was all interstate. For obvious reasons my parents and aunts and uncles usually referred to him as crazy Harry : )

Could be right about something in the bloodline, I've got another cousin Ann that's built a few houses from scratch by herself, among other wacky stuff including crashing an R50/2 at about 60mph. And my Dad once saw a photo of an XK120 in a 1949 magazine so called England and said he wanted one. They said he'd have to wait on the first boatload, he flew to NY and drove the thing back to Fla. :grin:

Doug, I learned in a C-150. It was much faster than the Cub. 115 or so to 80 or so. Took a week from Kali to Miami in the Cub. Including 2 days in Texas waiting for the wx to improve.

The recent health issues of Senator McCain reminded me of this movie. I remember watching this in boot camp 40 years ago this month as part of fire fighting training. Lots of hard lessons were learned in that fire.

Edited by ltljohn
Joe Frickin' Friday
It's a bit like sport-touring with friends.

Pat

Here's

(the insane bush plane featured near the end of your video) by the owner. Not much original equipment left on that thing. New engine, nearly triple the original power, and tons of other mods.

Here's

by Draco and its owner. :Cool: The irony is is this guy (and his brother) own a business making electric tugs - exactly the kind of device you don't need if you have reverse-thrust capability. :grin:

I don't usually follow this stuff. This was posted in 2017.

0-60 in 1.9 seconds. 8.9 sec 1/4 mile. 620 mile range. Top speed above 250 mph. All that with 4 seats. Wow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One more in-car from the Nurburgring. At about 4 minutes he picks up a rider and tags along for awhile, it gives a pretty good perspective on the dynamics between cars and bikes.

One more in-car from the Nurburgring. At about 4 minutes he picks up a rider and tags along for awhile, it gives a pretty good perspective on the dynamics between cars and bikes.

Titanium knee sliders, too.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Lately I've found the Knowing Better collection of videos to be very interesting. These are generally 10-20 minutes long, and well-researched. The creator of these videos is an army vet who served in Iraq, and he made

he highlighted a number of differences between pre-Vietnam conflicts and more recent ones that are believed to be driving the elevated rates of post-service suicide. Some of those factors are surprising, even counter-intuitive.

Anyway, a lot of good info in his videos.