IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

Joe Frickin' Friday

Here's the history and technology behind amazing rocket launch footage dating back to WW2:

(~16 minutes)
I was soiling my diapers when she bought
car.

Funny, I won enough money on a 6 month arctic cruse in the USCG to buy that same year chev. Different color tho.

• 2 weeks later...
Joe Frickin' Friday

A couple of fancy cat videos for ya.

A zookeeper sits with his back to a tiger, with a video camera looking over his shoulder behind him. When hunting, tigers don't like to attack from the front, but if you turn your back, their instinct is so compelling that they will stalk and pounce - even if they know there's a fence preventing them from scoring a real kill. Woodcutters in India, who are not separated from tigers by any fences whatsoever, have mitigated the "tigers attack from behind" problem by wearing masks on the backs of their heads. :Cool:

a leopard really, really likes having his head scratched.

Some may find this boring ... no motorcycles, no humor, no sex :Cool:

But its fascinating and gratifying to see real people doing fantastic things without drama and that's not staged for effect

Its all in a day's work. Helicopter rescue of 3 folks and two dogs

note: this is a long video 11 minutes but I watched the whole thing

Wow cool cat pilot & crew, and as you said displaying no drama at all. :Cool: It was tough not to watch the whole vid, (I saw drama) amazing people & machine! :thumbsup:

Pat

Joe Frickin' Friday

Background info on the Megavalanche, an offroad bicycle downhill endurance event. You don't get tired from pedaling, you get tired from maneuvering the bike.

It's about 40 minutes long, but it was hard to take my eyes off of it. Terrain varies all over the place, from groomed snow to rocks to tundra to tight forest to road. Gotta be ready for anything.

Wow. Not for the feint of heart. Normally you can't get much of a sensation of the real speed from those videos, but in this one it looks like they are flying and on the edge of out of control for much of it.

Some may find this boring ... no motorcycles, no humor, no sex :Cool:

But its fascinating and gratifying to see real people doing fantastic things without drama and that's not staged for effect

Its all in a day's work. Helicopter rescue of 3 folks and two dogs

note: this is a long video 11 minutes but I watched the whole thing

Seeing professionals at work doing critical jobs is always inspiring. If I should ever get in a tight spot in the wild, I definitely want those guys coming after me.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Ok, sure many of you have seen SR-71 LA Speed Check but if not you're in for a treat...

Cool. Have read that before a couple of times, but that's the first time I've heard it straight from the blackbird's mouth.

Ok, time for listening to a classic (no, not Gimme Shelter although it's certainly a good one). Jeff Buckley's rendition of Hallelujah.

Ok, time for listening to a classic (no, not Gimme Shelter although it's certainly a good one). Jeff Buckley's rendition of Hallelujah.

Nice, but Jon Bon Jovi does a really nice job at it here.

Pat

Agree Pat, very expressive. Guess I just like that in Buckley's version with just strings I feel more of Cohen's loneliness and sense of brokenness that he felt about his love and perhaps even his creator.

Before motorcycles I was smitten by fast cars...mainly Mopar, and who doesn't like The Doors?

Seems to be missing the scene that led to my interest in a CB350...

Before motorcycles I was smitten by fast cars...mainly Mopar, and who doesn't like The Doors?

That movie was special to me, because my mom drove a near twin of this:

61262925-770-0@2X.jpg

The only visual differences were a chrome luggage rack instead of a spoiler, presence of hood pins (cause they were oh-so-cool then), and lack of R/T badges (and the corresponding package). It was only a 318 2-bbl, but had a 4-speed with the Hurst pistol-grip shifter and "Rallye" suspension. I got to drive it a lot from '74-76.

Very cool, not many Moms wheeled one of those. Nice old Challenger Convertibles are worth a fortune, no doubt helped by Don Johnson and Miami Vice.

This Chevelle was just like my Grandmother's car when I was about eight years old. It was a light lime green so she probably got it at a bargain price. I doubt she was going after the performance numbers. Dang I should of let her pinch my face whenever she came to visit instead of running away. Maybe, she would have passed it down to me, bless her soul. :grin::dontknow:

p071.jpg

Pat

Very cool, not many Moms wheeled one of those. Nice old Challenger Convertibles are worth a fortune, no doubt helped by Don Johnson and Miami Vice.

My mom offered it to me when she was selling it (around '87, IIRC), but I was more into smaller, lighter cars that handled (I was all about cornering even back then), plus I had no place I could restore it.

Ever wondered what it would be like to drive an autopilot car for the first time?

Here's 4 noobies driving a Tesla Model 3 ---

Edited by TheOtherLee

Another long video ... an analysis of the recent Space X recent landing failure. With interesting "point of view" shots from the rocket ( ain't technology great ??!! )

For those of us who find technical space stuff cool :Cool:

Joe Frickin' Friday
If you love watching
get what they deserve, you will love this!

Good Gawd. I saw the headlines about this, but never read the details. That is exquisite planning and master craftsmanship.

They're finally starting to get my attention. As a long time collector of Porsche race and vintage cars this looks like it could be fun. It's longish at around 25 minutes but pretty interesting..