IGNORED

New r1100RS frame size related crash guards

Cal'sgone

I started working with a company overseas to specifically make crash guards at a good price for the 1100, 1150 and related year and frame sizes. Looking at new model specific parts added, to adjust the fit. I hope to figure how a variety of bikes might be fitted with better skid protection, mine included. They say -- with some lead time, we can have something that works. i will keep the group informed if more happens. If you know of an established source at a low price, please direct me to that site, thanks.

If this appeals to you at all, no obligation of course --- but please let me know now. Having a number of riders in "interested to order" mode might make several more bikes available for road protection. Trying to get the cost as low as possible, but all depends on sales volume requested, and delivery options, at this point.

Thanks, Cal

Hi Cal. Thanks for the info, but it seems an odd thing to be launching so long after a bike has gone out of production, especially as there are some many other suppliers of these things at fair prices and a reasonable second hand market too. You seem to be reinventing the wheel?

Could be, but I haven't seen any for that specific model, plenty for the ST, not the RS, unless I just missed them. Later RS years, also yep, but mine is a 1997, so sort of out of stock with most sellers, I checked a few. Perhaps the later 1150, 1200 etc. is the same, some said no, and it was not listed as a fitment on sites I checked. Got one for sale ??

Maybe the collectors would like to protect older bikes, just because. I sold my Pristine 2000 Triumph 955i , next owner dropped it twice, then loaned it to a buddy, yep one day later !!! That bike did not deserve that at 42k miles, from my point of view. Me?? I don't trust Oregon log truck roads, too much gravel and wood off the trucks .

Thanks for the observation, Cal

HEED in Poland? They are cheap, and as far as I have tested, on a R1200RT, scratched them at the first corner I leaned into more then I should.

But they are cheap.

Dan.