IGNORED

February SECFF Lunch

Yes, the largest crowd ever for a SECFF lunch as far as I know.

Looks like a great place and great time for all that attended! Wonderful seeing so many Board members and friends getting together regularly! :clap::thumbsup:

Great gathering. Can you tell everyone has been chafing to get out and ride after a wet, cold winter? :thumbsup: An amazing 77 degrees in mid-GA in February! Terry counted 36 attendees, but he may have missed one or two. I took the long way back and was home by 6. The temps didn't dip back into the low 50s until the last 2 hours of the ride and, surprisingly, only caught a few showers in the last 30 minutes, so well worth the long trek. Looking forward to START.

Great gathering. Can you tell everyone has been chafing to get out and ride after a wet, cold winter? :thumbsup: An amazing 77 degrees in mid-GA in February! Terry counted 36 attendees, but he may have missed one or two. I took the long way back and was home by 6. The temps didn't dip back into the low 50s until the last 2 hours of the ride and, surprisingly, only caught a few showers in the last 30 minutes, so well worth the long trek. Looking forward to START.

It was great to see you brave the winter weather and join us for lunch.

Maybe you can join us again next month and we can convince a few more northerners to follow your lead.

Great to see such enthusiastic Comfort Food Finders come together for a very brief gathering to affirm a passion for Riding and Comfort Food.

As a simple Hoosier boy in a strange land surrounded by strange folk, I was handily scolded, scorned and dressed down for my choice of a Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich and side salad for lunch. Yours Truly has never been confused with one who's maintained his college weight of 175 and as such is often commended for eating a light sandwich and salad. But at Meabob's I found myself surrounded by plates full of gravy with something called 'Chicken Fried Steak' hidden somewhere beneath a thick blanket of the gravy-goo.

To be fair, the boys at the table were going to give me a Guest Courtesy Pass on the Grilled Ham and Cheese, seeing that I was alone, afraid and far from home and may not have been edumacated in the ways of SCFF customs. But it was not to last. The table got quite agitated and my Get Out Of Jail Free card was promptly voided, chants of Heresy erupted and pandemonium set in when the table ring leader told the boys I'd ordered a grilled quesadilla at Mrs Lois' for lunch the prior day in Franklin, GA. Fortunately, I had a portable Seat Heater/Hair Dryer to fend off the more aggressive types as I scurried away muttering "There's no place like home, There's no place like home . . ."

20180217_112321.jpg

20180217_112316.jpg

Thank you Dave for braving the horrible Winter of 2018, even without a heated seat, and joining us for our brief lunch meet.

As the name of the event implies (South East Comfort Food Finders) we encourage folks to order a comfort food of sorts.

If a grilled cheese with ham does it for you, then you got what you needed.

I hope Terry did his job and gave you the long distance ride award. :S

Don't spend it all in on place. LOL :rofl:

See you at START my friend. :wave:

It is great that we do not see each other for 6-9 months, but we get together for a meal on a ride and the conversation flows like it has only been a few weeks. Even without beer or bourbon. It was great to see everyone, and nice to break bread with you, Christopher and Craig.

Bernie, thanks for urging me to show up. I would be glad to lead a contingent down for the next one, although I think my NC riding brethren would take umbrage with the "northerners" reference. even though my Ohio accent gave it away for me. Kudos to Dave for coming in from Indy -- and Dave, you can eat whatever you want; if it's Maebobs, it its comfort food by definition. However, I have to call a technical on the mileage award. I don't know that

Dave matched the 540 round trip miles that Christopher and I did in the saddle. I'll be waiting by my mailbox.

I knowd it before I arrived. Injun givers.

I feel like Maxwell Smart . . "Missed it by this much. . . "

Randy ,- you and Sir Christopher duke it out and the winner send me an address. I'll send the generous gift your way, pronto. No really.

Edited by workin' them angels

I didn't see any of the Bushwackin' KTM machines rumored to be infiltrating our ranks - but this MG Griso announced itself on arrival :revit: and was well received and sounding wonderful. :bike:

IMG_0502.jpg

Shawn, that is Jerry Holland. He is one of RightSpin's riding buddies from the Savannah, GA area.

He also invited a bunch of guys from the Concours group out of Valdosta, GA area.

• 1 year later...