IGNORED

Warm & Safe Rider Classic Style Heated Gloves Review

moshe_levy

Hello All

Season 3 of Moto Mouth starts today! Sub-freezing temps here on the east coast have provided the ideal conditions to test Warm & Safe's new suite of heated gear, starting with these Rider Classic Style heated gloves. I'll be following up with the Heat Layer Shirt heated top in a few weeks....

-MKL

Thanks for the review Moshe. Did you notice a temperature difference between your fingers and thumbs as far as heat is concerned?

Not really, no. It was pretty even. Not the warmest gloves I've ever tested, nowhere near the coldest, but overall a solid effort. And remember I've been testing in the teens and single digits, so if you don't venture out in that, take my complaints with a grain of salt.

-MKL

I was wondering, I have a new pair (of the touring style) and have only tried them on short rides to verify they were working. I felt there was notably less heat in the thumbs, odd because they double wire the thumbs. So might be a defect - I did call them and they felt it was odd and are happy to investigate.

One the amount of heat, I wonder how much the desire to avoid hands sweating influences that. Once you sweat - unless it's wicked away - that can be problematic and create issues as one goes back and forth on the temp, as the fingers now feel much colder without heat when wet. I also noted they were not super hot, but were certainly warm enough. My WnS jacket gets much warmer!

Thanks Moshe

Dave

I have the newer model gerbings...they will get very hot and very quick....On the downside I find them bulky and stiff so only use them in the coldest weather which isn't very often in Houston.

I just got a pair of Tour Master Synergy 2.0 heated leather gloves that came with connecting wiring and a rheostat for controlling the heat. These are available online for $120 and look VERY similar, except that these gloves have a second internal nylon cuff with a drawstring. Have not used them yet but they do heat up. They also come in fabric outer shell for a few $ less.

For really cold riding, I'd think HippoHands or similar would be really good.

I normally wear XL or 2XL gloves but had to go to 4XL in these gloves.

Tourmaster Heated Gloves