IGNORED

You Recommended a Battery!

Craft

Ok! I'm buying a battery as my "BikeMaster" "TruGel" only makes the starter click. My trickle charger says it's charged but it only clicks. After searching this site, I'm going with an Odyssey PC680. (...and an AGM charger as recommended by Odyssey-Thanks, D.R.!)

You're asking us to recommend a battery for you when you're already getting a PC680?

In that case, I recommend the PC680 - you should definitely check it out. ;)

OK, so you already decided, and I'm sure you'll be happy with that battery. In the spirit of conversation, I believe there are more cost effective choices that the PC680 for that vintage of bike

In the spirit of conversation, I believe there are more cost effective choices that the PC680 for that vintage of bike

There may be cheaper batteries you can purchase. I went through two "cheaper" batteries in my '04 RT before installing a PC 680. The difference in cranking power is obvious, but the life of the battery put it as actually cheaper than lower cost units. It was in the RT for over 7 years when I traded it. Still cranked like it did new. This is one product that costs more and is worth more than its cost.

I didn't say cheap, I said cost effective. In my R1100RT I use Universal Battery UB 12220, an AGM battery with 22AH (22% more than the OEM battery). It cranks that motor very well, eliminated the dreaded ABS low volt fault on start up issue on the R1100 and at $50 shipped to my door, I can replace it every 5 years even though they are working perfectly. I would expect to get 7 years out of one, but I can refresh it at 5 and still be under the cost of an Oddesey. And while a sample size of the 3 I have purchased is small, none have crapped out prematurely. It does the job reliably @ 1/2 the price. And if you don't like buying from Universal Power Group, similar products are available from Panasonic and others.

The PC 680 is a fine battery and is over engineered for the application in a street bike. I accept one would find value in knowing the battery is tested to survive extremes not likely found sitting in an RT chassis. lf I had a GS that truly was used freaquently off road and on remote fire lanes, I would spend the cash for the Odessey. I still offer the position there are more cost effective replacement batteries for the R1100/1150 that do the job and are rated quite highly as well. I just wish UPC made one to fit my wethead as I would put it in my new RT with no worries when the OEM battery gets weak.

AGM charger recommendations?

Afternoon Craft

Are you looking for an AGM charger or an Odyssey PC680 AGM charger?

The Odyssey PC680 has slightly different requirements than a standard AGM battery does.

If you are asking for an Odyssey PC680 battery then if you go to the Odyssey web site they should have a recommended charger listing.

Or for the requirements on the Odyssey PC 680 most standard AGM chargers will work if they have a snowflake (cold weather) setting.

Personally I have a couple of Ctek chargers, a newer CTEK MUS 4.3 & an older version of the CTEK Multi US 7002.

They are both great for the PC 680 as far as charging goes as they both have elevated voltage (snowflake) charging settings.

The CTEK Multi US 7002 has a higher amp output so would be a better choice for PC 680 (dead battery) reconditioning (restore a PC 680 that is lacking output)

but I have used both the above chargers to restore a PC 680 & even though the CTEK MUS 4.3 wouldn't be my first choice but it will do the job.

Edited by dirtrider
I've used a Battery Tender Plus on a PC680 for years with no problems.

GT

Afternoon gordiet

The Battery Tender Plus will work (sort of) but will not fully re-charge the PC 680 to full charge (especially in cold weather). It definitely doesn't have enough output to restore a sulfated PC 680.

I know, lots of riders have used & are using the Battery Tender Plus on PC 680 equipped motorcycles but if left connected it will eventually lead to greatly lowered PC 680 output ability.

Ok I'll bite. Sure those batteries are top quality. I've had two. I just didn't get that extra lifespan out of them though. Lasted about the same as a plain lead acid battery - on a bike ridden daily. Just sayin'. YMMV.

Just got back from Seattle. Picked up the PC680 at Battery Systems in SoDo for $117. They had a $30 charger that they said would work fine but I passed. I don't want the $200 Odyssey charger either! Something in between that does the job properly.

Just realized that I have a CTEK US 0.8 charger. It's not for AGM batteries so I'm going to order the CTEK 7002. I'm wondering if the pigtail that is on the 0.8 will work with the 7002. It's just a female plug with 5 amp fuse. The reason I'm asking is I'd like to put the new battery in tomorrow. If I can connect the pigtail that I have to the battery, I can button the bike up and go for a ride. If it won't work, I'll wait till the 7002 comes in before installing the battery and putting everything together.

Just realized that I have a CTEK US 0.8 charger. It's not for AGM batteries so I'm going to order the CTEK 7002. I'm wondering if the pigtail that is on the 0.8 will work with the 7002. It's just a female plug with 5 amp fuse. The reason I'm asking is I'd like to put the new battery in tomorrow. If I can connect the pigtail that I have to the battery, I can button the bike up and go for a ride. If it won't work, I'll wait till the 7002 comes in before installing the battery and putting everything together.

Hi Craft

You sure that your model 0.8 is not for AGM batteries? The spec sheet on the last page of the owners manual says the 0.8 works with all lead acid batteries including AGM

https://smartercharger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/manual-us-0.8.pdf

As far as using the 0.8 pigtail, since both chargers are from the same manufacturer the polarity of the connectors is likely the same, and as a general convention the + side of the connector coming from the charger is the unexposed side (female). Same wire gauge on the pig tail is a question, and for sure you need to up the fuse from 5 to at least 10 amps (the specified pigtail fuse on the 7002 says 15A). Call CTEK and see if they have technical support on Saturdays

You sure that your model 0.8 is not for AGM batteries? The spec sheet on the last page of the owners manual says the 0.8 works with all lead acid batteries including AGM

https://smartercharger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/manual-us-0.8.pdf

Morning Paul

It might be OK for normal AGM batteries but it doesn't have a snowflake setting so the output is too low for the PC 680 battery as that battery requires a higher voltage to FULLY charge.

Added: Craft's 2004 1150RT basic alternator output will not keep the PC 680 fully charged to 100%. It will charge it enough to operate & start the bike so that bike/battery combination will work just fine but the bikes charging system lacks the higher voltage output to completely charge the PC 680 to 100%.

Here is where the PROPER battery charger comes into play. By occasionally using the correct output battery charger that will run the battery to 100% charge & prevent sulfating & keep the battery reserve capacity & performance to near new performance.

Edited by dirtrider
Ok I'll bite. Sure those batteries are top quality. I've had two. I just didn't get that extra lifespan out of them though. Lasted about the same as a plain lead acid battery - on a bike ridden daily. Just sayin'. YMMV.

Morning elkroeger

That sounds like you didn't use the correct output battery charger on them. The older BMW 1100/1150 alternator output is too low to fully re-charge the PC 680 so over time the battery capacity degrades to the point that it acts like a dead battery that won't hold a proper charge.

Unless the correct output charger with the correct charging amp/voltage sequence is used the PC 680 will not perform to full potential for full life. (or the voltage output of the BMW alternator is raised to have a higher voltage output).

I would be willing to bet that on your 2 failed PC 680 batteries they could have been reconditioned & put back into service if you used the proper PC 680 reconditioning procedure with a proper battery charger capable of proper restoration output algorithms.

Morning DR,

Right. I get the need for the charger to have the temp compensation (snowflake) to be compatible with the PC 680's requirement for a higher voltage. But above 40F wouldn't any AGM compatible smart charger deliver the same target voltage?

My Optimate 4 charger has the snow flake symbol on it and the spec sheet says it can operate correctly down to -40F, yet it is not listed on the Odyssey approved chargers document. Is there something more to the charge requirements for the PC 680?

Edited by Paul De

Morning Paul De

Right. I get the need for the charger to have the temp compensation (snowflake) to be compatible with the PC 680's requirement for a higher voltage. But above 40F wouldn't any AGM compatible smart charger deliver the same target voltage?-- In a word NO, the PC 680 requires the higher voltage to charge to 100% even in warm weather. Most standard AGM chargers put out around 14.4v. A standard AGM charger with snowflake setting is usually around 14.7v.

My Optimate 4 charger has the snow flake symbol on it and the spec sheet says it can operate correctly down to -40F, yet it is not listed on the Odyssey approved chargers document. Is there something more to the charge requirements for the PC 680?-- To properly charge the PC 680 it needs both a high enough voltage but also needs a specific amp output at certain times in the charging sequence. Your Optimate 4 charger might meet that on snowflake setting & might not (without comparing the Optimate 4 charger to proper PC680 charger I can't say if it is close enough).

A proper PC 680 charger needs to not only meet a voltage requirement (around 14.7v) but also needs to meet the proper amperage requirement at the correct time in the charging sequence.

I would imagine that a lot of chargers with the snowflake setting will meet the basic higher voltage requirement ( that should be good enough for normal charging & topping up requirements) but not many will meet the amp/timing required to properly maintain the PC 680 if it needs reconditioning.

If you want a full & better explanation on the charging requirements & maintaining of the PC 680 then maybe give ( roger 04 rt ) a PM as he has a done a lot of research & working with the PC 680 on proper charging cycles, reconditioning, & he has deeper understanding of the PC 680 charging requirements than I do.

Thanks DR. Mostly just curious about the special needs of the Odyssey. At the moment all my lead acid batteries are fully up to snuff.

For those looking at buying a charger, You might look past the traditional m/c accessory channels for a charger to meet your needs. I recently put a 24v trolling motor on our pontoon boat and ended buying a Minn Kota Onboard Precision Charger/Maintainer and really have been impressed. I have a couple 3 amp Deltran BTs I could have used, but recovery charge time charts really pushed me to wanting a 10 amp charger. Besides those batteries are too beastly to be hauling back and forth from the shed to the dock. Anyway, I don't know who builds their precision charger for them, but it is really well built, water proof, and looks like it could easily survive getting knocked around some. It has a nice set of the smart charger bells and whistles and is compatible with the PC 680 requirements. Best part is that it is less than $100 for a 6 amp single channel unit on line. (Model Mk106pc). You might need to make your own pigtail as the one I saw was 10 ft long.

Info on AGM batteries: AGM Info

Your regular BatteryTINDER will not charge the PC680 properly.

Northern Tool has the BatteryMINDer Battery Charger/Maintainer/Desulfator — 12 Volt, 2 AMP, AGM Batteries, Model# 2012-AGM for $90. Amazon says "out of stock".

BatteryMINDer for AGM batteries

I have been using this charger on my PC680 for about two years.

When I first got it I put it on a "dead" PC680 I had just replaced. After a few days on this charger, this "dead" PC680 was back alive. Apparently, there is something to this "desulfation cycle" thing. It works!! That "dead" PC680 is still running a friend's R80. That made a believer of me.

Also replaced the voltage regulator on the R11S with a 14.5V unit from EME, and WITHOUT removing the alternator. 14.5V regulator and brushes $39

More than you'll ever need to know about Odyssey batteries: http://www.odysseybattery.com/documents/US-ODY-TM-002_1214.pdf

Their recommended procedure (page 13) calls for charging at 14.7 volts. That's a higher voltage than BMW's charging system will provide, and higher than most "tenders", including the Optimate 4. Lower voltages work, but at the cost of reduced battery life and power. The Optimate is a good charger, just not best for the Odyssey.

Edited by lkraus

NOT ANOTHER BATTERY THREAD?!?! But I read it none the less,- HEY- shiny objects grab my attention too!

After the last battery thread, and remembering that my last PC680 didn't last nearly as long as the first, I went to the garage and checked my DelTran Battery Tenders. I have one 4 bank unit simply labeled "Battery Tender" and another single bank unit labeled "Battery Tender Plus". Hmm - Maybe all of their huffing and puffing ain't gettin' the job done proper-like. And what, pray-tell, is the difference between a Battery Tender and a Battery Tender Plus? Inquiring minds need to know.

An email chain ensues:

I had to write twice before I got the first response:

Yours Truly: Hello. I have a couple of Battery Tenders and just want to make sure I have one that will handle AGM or whatever is the type of battery that requires a little more current to charge VS. 'normal' batteries.

I have a 4 charger Battery Tender and a single charge Battery Tender Plus - see photos.

Will one or both of these charge the more complicated motorcycle batteries that are AGM - specifically a Odyssey PC-680.

Thanks!

Bat Lady: Good Morning Dave,

Any of our chargers that have the 4 step processer, will charge an AGM battery. That means if your chargers flash green with a solid charge light, that it the absorption mode and can maintain your AGM and gel batteries at the correct float voltages.

Look on the back of your pick charger. The picture that you sent me have the 4 indicator lights:

Flashing red

Solid red

Flashing green

Solid green

This will charge an AGM and gel battery.

Happy New Year from Battery Tender!!

Loretta Tucker

Deltran USA, LLC

801 E. International Speedway Blvd.

DeLand FL 32724

386-873-4888

YT: Loretta, thanks for getting back to me. So I just want to make sure I have this correct, are you saying there is no difference between my battery tender Plus and my battery tender? You can reference the photos I attached if you have questions as to their age or capacity.

Thanks

Bat Lady: Hello,

Your PINK [breast Cancer] charger is a Battery Tender Plus and your 2 Bank Charger is actually two Battery Tender Plus chargers inside. They will all work on lead acid, AGM and gel batteries.

Hmpt. I have a 4 bank charger, but I digress!

YT: Thanks Loretta. So what is the difference between a "Battery Tender" and a "Battery Tender Plus"?

Bat Lady: All of our products are Battery Tenders. The Plus is an updated 1.25 amp charger that has been in production for more than 15 years. You Pink charger is a Plus and so is the two bank.

I'm not sure I learned anything from this exchange with the Battery Lady. I guess my 4 bank Battery Tender is really a Battery Tender Plus, although that's not indicated. 2 bank, 4 bank, 6 banks a dollar?

At any rate, Battery Tender claims theirs does what needs to be done, but I'm not sure if that's just the company line or if it's misinformation from the gatekeeper.

DR: What about an old fashioned battery charger - with maintainer, 2amp and 10amp settings? Would the 2 amp setting suffice to do what needs to be done? Of course one problem with the older units is they don't auto-shut off when the battery is charged, and if I understand correctly, the PC680 needs a 'boost' at specific times during the charging process?

My head hurts!

20180102_133750.png

20180102_133647.png

I'm not sure I learned anything from this exchange with the Battery Lady.

I so prefer "Bat Lady"!

I'm pretty much confused also, although I'm not trying to figure out if my current charger will charge the PC680, I'm just trying to buy a charger that will do the job. I'm just going with the CTEK 7002 and putting it on "snowflake" (a setting which makes me cringe...). This (I think) will allow the charger to use more volts to charge, which will keep the battery fully charged, which my alternator is unable to do...

Edited by Craft

DR: What about an old fashioned battery charger - with maintainer, 2amp and 10amp settings? Would the 2 amp setting suffice to do what needs to be done? Of course one problem with the older units is they don't auto-shut off when the battery is charged, and if I understand correctly, the PC680 needs a 'boost' at specific times during the charging process?

Afternoon workin' them angels

Most if not all the old fashioned battery chargers are designed to charge the common lead acid battery so don't put out nearly enough voltage to top off a PC 680 battery.

The PC 680 requires a higher voltage (around 14.7 volts) to properly charge to FULL CHARGE at room temperature.

If a person wants to be sure they have the correct battery charger for the PC 680 battery then look on the Odyssey battery approved charger list for the PC 680 battery.

Or, in most cases a modern multi stage charger with a snowflake (cold weather) setting will be close enough as long as puts out enough amps to do the job. Now this must be an actual snowflake SETTING not just a snowflake light or symbol. (snowflake setting usually increases the charging voltage for cold (winter) battery charging)

It sounds to me like the response that you got back from DelTran Battery Tenders was just referring to a normal AGM battery (14.4 voltage charging) & that the lady didn't understand the PC 680 requires 14.7 volts to properly charge.

You might write back to DelTran Battery Tenders & ask what the nominal charging voltage is at room temperature. Then ask if there is any setting that will get around a 14.7 volt charge rate.

Can I use this instead of the standard pigtail that comes with the 7002?

71%2BVEkh-6wL._SL1500_.jpg

Afternoon Craft

Sure, as long as it properly fits you bike's accessory socket & fits the 7002 plug & the accessory socket circuit fuse is high enough amp rating to handle the charge current (should be).

+ 1 Yes, I used the accessory connector on my R1100RT bike with a smart charger/tender for more than a decade with excellent results. When I bought my wet head 2015 RT, I found out to keep the accessory circuit open after reaching float mode you needed a CANbus compatible charger.

I could have went to a pigtail connected direct to the battery and used my old smart charger but like the convenience of just plugging into the dash and not having to pull out the pigtail from under the seat.

So, who makes the most inexpensive battery charger that is compatible to the odyssey PC 680 ? GT

Hard to say as the trickle chargers listed by Odyssey compatibility table were not actually all the inexpensive and those don't do deep discharge recovery or desulfanation. Looks like you will be in the the $80 to $150 range with a number of online choices in the $90-$100 range.

Ebay has someone offering a new CTEK 7002 US with a current bid@ $81. Maybe a last second bid @$100 wins it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CTEK-Multi-US-7002-Battery-Charger-Jump-Starter-Maintainer-Reconditioner-12V-7A/362228736548?epid=1322163472&hash=item545683e224:g:ftwAAOSwVA5aAn2G

Seems like the marine channel offers some good deals on compatible chargers, but you might need to make your own pigtail as many of these chargers assumes you will mount them on-board and don't provide a suitably short pigtail.

You can buy new Minn Kota MK106PC for $81 +shipping, but you should hunt around on line for best deal to your location. There are a number of marine dealers selling this charger just under $100 with free shipping

http://www.sailsmarine.com/ItemDetail.aspx?c=193750&l=g

You might do even better on a PowerMania Turbo M106E

Edited by Paul De
So, who makes the most inexpensive battery charger that is compatible to the odyssey PC 680 ? GT

Morning gordiet

China.

Morning gordiet

China.

:rofl: Or Vietnam. They are doing to China what China did to the US. What goes around comes around!

Morning gordiet

China.

What brand please...

GT

Morning gordiet

China.

What brand please...

GT

Afternoon gordiet

Probably many brands manufactured by Chinese companies, you would have to research each company for product type the research each type for compatibility.

This company makes a very low cost charger that has a 14.7 volt setting æ­å·žé€šåˆ©ç”µå™¨å·¥å…·æœ‰é™å…¬å¸

If you want to be sure that you have a plug & play charger that meets the PC 680 requirement then use the Odyssey approved charger list, then Google those chargers for the cheapest price.

If you want the lowest price for something that will-work then you need to do the required research & comparisons.

From time to time Amazon will have great deals on Ctek chargers but you have to keep checking back from time to time to get the best deals & even then sometimes a better deal will pop up if you enter the Amazon web site from a competing web site that has the same product at a low price.

After talking to the odyssey people direct I found out that not all of The approved Chargers are on their website. I was able to find a charger locally at a battery store that meets their requirements and in fact is approved by them. It's a Nocco Genius and has the decalcification feature or as they call it repair mode. $79 +9 dollars for an adapter for the pigtail to plug into the existing battery tender lead. Comes with a three-year unconditional warranty. It is now hooked up to the bike and working great. GT

Hi gordiet,

Noco Genius is a popular charger with folks using AGM batteries in deep cycle applications (trolling motors & weekend campers with inverters). Particularly the Gen 4 models. Had it been listed on the Odyssey PDF it would stand out for technology and price. Lots of good reviews and the bonus is that it works with Odyssey batteries.

If you look at the user experience with chargers on the sport fishing forums it is a bit like the tire discussions here. Lots of variability in experience, but If you step back and not get lost in the trees for the forest you will get a sense of the units that more often get a good experience post. Noco Genius was one that stood out in my research. For me it got down to the Noco Genius and Min Kota PC. In my case I went with the Minn Kota for a reason that is not relevant to the single battery installation like on your RT, but I really like the features of the Noco unit a lot.

Ya done good!

Just as a matter of follow up . . . I wrote to the Bat Cave again.

Yours Truly: Hi Loretta - Still drilling down - What is the nominal charging voltage at room Temp? And is there a setting that will provide a 14.7 volt charge rate?

Bat Ladyâ„¢: Good Morning Dave,

Our chargers do not have a setting. They are fully automatic.

Max charger under normal operating temps. (120-30 degrees F) 14.6-14.9 volts and the float voltage will be around 13.1-13.8 volts.

Thank you

It seems Battery Tender might could get to the 14.7 volts needed, but obviously does not have a decalcification function which might prove useful for the Odyssey or other batteries.

Our chargers do not have a setting. They are fully automatic.

Max charger under normal operating temps. (120-30 degrees F) 14.6-14.9 volts and the float voltage will be around 13.1-13.8 volts.

Thank you[/i]

It seems Battery Tender might could get to the 14.7 volts needed, but obviously does not have a decalcification function which might prove useful for the Odyssey or other batteries.

Morning Dave

14.6-14.9 volts @ (120-30 degrees F) should be just fine (probably don't even need 14.7 at (120-130° F) BUT, how long does it stay at 14.6-14.9 volts? That output does no good (as far as fully charged goes) if it briefly pops up to 14.6-14.9 volts then levels off at a nominal 14.4 volts. (she did say max charge not continuous or at the correct time in the charging sequence).

I suppose you could put a voltmeter on the battery during the charging, OR, fully charge the battery, then let it sit overnight to flash off the surface charge then see what the static charged voltage is. (this will tell the story)

Good Morning Dirtrider!

Just to beat a dead horse, and why no, I don't have anything better to do, thank you. OK, I do, but this is for posterity!

Odyssey wants a maintained float value of 3.5 - 3.8v.

Walking out to the garage, here's the float values Yours Truly measured the Battery Tender 'Plus' doing:

Odyssey PC680 - float voltage: 13.24v In service date 6/2016.

Westco 12v20P - Float Voltage: 13.3 In service date 3/2016

(Beemer boneyard)

Charging Values:

Odyssey PC 680: Charging Voltage 14.48 Briefly . . . in 30 or 40 seconds, battery was '100%' and voltage dropped and varied as it began to settle.

Odyssey has never approved Battery Tender as a 'approved' charger.

I wanted to grab voltages from two cars I have on the Battery Tender, but one currently has the bodywork and misc accouterments of the RT on it and on the other the battery is under the back seat and too much trouble to get to.

Edited by workin' them angels

I currently have an Odyssey PC680 in an '05 R1200 RT. Not knowing any better, I've been using a BMW oem charger for maintenance, just plugging it in to the front left outlet on the bike and walking away.

After following this thread, it's evident that could be improved. An older CTEK (56-158) MULTI US 3300 12 Volt Fully Automatic 4 Step Battery Charger with snow flakes (found here: CTEC 3300 ) turned up in the garage so:

Two questions: Can I use it on the Odyssey PC680 (it does have the 14.7V "snowflake/cold weather" capability ) and secondly, can it be plugged directly into an outlet on the bike as I do now? Really prefer avoiding adding additional cables to the battery posts.

Afternoon Mike05

After following this thread, it's evident that could be improved. An older CTEK (56-158) MULTI US 3300 12 Volt Fully Automatic 4 Step Battery Charger with snow flakes (found here: CTEC 3300 ) turned up in the garage so:

Two questions:

Can I use it on the Odyssey PC680 (it does have the 14.7V "snowflake/cold weather" capability ) --Yes, it will basically charge & maintain your PC 680. It just doesn't quite enough amp output to properly recondition should you need to do that. (use the snowflake setting)

and secondly, can it be plugged directly into an outlet on the bike as I do now? Really prefer avoiding adding additional cables to the battery posts.--NO, that is unless your stock accessory outlet has been converted to fused battery direct. But you can always remove the seat & clip the charger clamps directly to the battery posts.

Your 3300 should have come with a fused battery pig tail so why not just attach & use that?

Thanks DR, that answers my questions. You always do! :wave:

The oem BMW battery charger came with the "plug into the stock accessory socket" end already on it; I think it specified the top left only socket to connect to, no others. That's why I wondered if I could use the same socket for the CTEC 3300.

I'll install the CTEC pigtail directly to the battery as advised.

I called BatteryMINDER tech support today (800.379.5579, ext 6) to find out 1) what chargers would be recommended for AGM batteries (PC680 in particular), 2) what "small" chargers also met these requirements, and 3) what the difference is between the #2012AGM and #2012AGM Rev A chargers (I have two of the older units).

The answer I got for 1) was that ALL of their chargers are good on AGM and they ALL have the desulfation cycle and built-in temperature sensor now.

2) the BatteryMINDER 1500 or 1510 would be a "small", 1.5 amp, 14.5/6V charger for AGM's. (1510 comes with a fused battery lead quick connector)

3) The "Rev A" charger voltage has been bumped up from 14.3/4V to 14.5/6V.

I can see where a "remote" temperature sensor, one that can be installed ON the battery itself would be a very good idea in hot or cold weather to keep the battery from freezing/over-heating.

Ordered the #1510 for traveling. $49.99 on Amazon.

Ugh! I was really looking forward to using the socket to charge.

Morning Craft

Why can't you????

You might need to make a an adapter pig tail-- Use your battery charger furnished battery-direct pig tail & buy a plug that will fit you accessory socket (like

Powerlet Straight Plug PPL-002) or buy an accessory plug from a John Deere dealer)