IGNORED

Gas dripping from hose by foot peg

Kingofneon

On my 04 r1150rt.i notice a small spot of gas/oil below those vent tubes by the center stand on the right side. One of them is the drain from the filler neck correct. This has only happened a couple times...any thoughs?

On my 04 r1150rt.i notice a small spot of gas/oil below those vent tubes by the center stand on the right side. One of them is the drain from the filler neck correct. This has only happened a couple times...any thoughs?

Evening Kingofneon

Depends on what the fluid is?

If gasoline then possibly an overfilled fuel tank. Or a leak in one of the in-tank vent or drain hoses.

If brake fluid then possibly brake reservoir was overfilled.

If water then possibly some water caught in the drain hose.

More info would really help us help you so ---

Have you recently tipped the bike over?

Have you recently overfilled the fuel tank?

Have you recently had brake service.

Exactly what is the fluid???????

Yes to filling the tank way up....tbe brakes were flushed and serviced 3000 miles ago. It deffinately can out of one of the two vent lines. It feels more like oil than gas..the spot on the concrete hasnt evaporated . there is a small oily

Area on the center stand next to the hose.

Is the second hose off the egr canister?

Yes to filling the tank way up....tbe brakes were flushed and serviced 3000 miles ago. It deffinately can out of one of the two vent lines. It feels more like oil than gas..the spot on the concrete hasnt evaporated . there is a small oily

Area on the center stand next to the hose.

Is the second hose off the egr canister?

If your bike still has the original Evap canister then it could be gasoline from that if you overfilled the tank.

If the puddle is oily feeling/looking then that could be brake fluid.

One hose if from the brake controller, one hose is the water drain from the fuel tank filler ring, one hose is from inside the top of the fuel tank, then to the evap can, then out of that to behind the foot peg. If there is a 4th hose that is the battery vent (most of the later 1150 bikes don't have that).

Edited by dirtrider