IGNORED

Who rode in today?

R80RTKen

So Cal was 37° this morning...

Fixed it for you.

(Las Virgenes/Malibu Canyon NORTH of the tunnel).

Edited by ESokoloff

Logged a couple hundred miles over the past couple of days. Felt so nice to get out there and ride again. Skills grow rusty so fast with me it seems.

Can't ride to work as I have a company truck, but I did take the afternoon off and went to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Logged about 150 miles, saw sun and 70'. Perfect afternoon.

It's still well below freezing here. 0 F this morning, with lots of salt and icy patches on the road. And we could get more snow this weekend.

Cold should never stop a ride ;) Ice, yes, cold no ;)

Agree rain and cold are not an issue, but mega doses of salt are a no. If they threw down salt in July I would wait until it rained.

I am really anxious to ride, but mornings are very icy here still.

This time of year is the worst. The mid day sun melts the snow pack and ice washing the salt away, then freezes at night and early AM into black ice. They're still pulling cars out of the ditch every morning then MORE SALT. A vicious cycle for another month. :(

Its still Farkel season here.

Edited by Paul De
Can't ride to work as I have a company truck, but I did take the afternoon off and went to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Logged about 150 miles, saw sun and 70'. Perfect afternoon.

Damn I'm jealous.

I paid the price for my laziness that last month. I have to install a new top case on my bike, and did not do so. so today was absolutely perfect and I could not ride in. so this weekend is laser focus, get the top case done.

Lone_RT_rider
I paid the price for my laziness that last month. I have to install a new top case on my bike, and did not do so. so today was absolutely perfect and I could not ride in. so this weekend is laser focus, get the top case done.

Remember, no zip ties..... :D

It got to 38 today, the roads were clean and salt free, i managed to find 30 minutes to gear up and ride before getting the snow removal equipment prepped for another snow storm tonight.

I made it home just in time before the snow started accumulating. The only thing I hated was the snow sticking to the visor on the way back. Had to keep wiping it off with the glove.

I made it home just in time before the snow started accumulating. The only thing I hated was the snow sticking to the visor on the way back. Had to keep wiping it off with the glove.

I went out, it was mostly in the low 30s. I joke that it was over 40 at first but then I took it out of the garage. Anyway, put mine away around noon. I was going to go to the open house at Hermy's on Saturday but it's about 80 miles north of me and they were talking about more snow starting earlier so I parked it. In the end, we got about 2 inches that started around 3PM. I don't know if they salted or not, as of 6PM they hadn't, and it stayed (just) above freezing overnight. We had good rains last week and most of the salt was gone (except the occasional piles where the truck dumps 50 lb because why?).

I know! Because why do they seriously do that? There was a pile of salt in front of our building that survived at least three day-long rains until it was finally gone.

It appeared that they did salt the roads here and there but not everywhere. I went out today to the Flagship wash half hour North of DC and there were some white patches on the roads.

Anyways, by the time I got back yesterday, it was snowing hard enough to cover the seat in about 2-3 minutes. Today was perfect and I finally got a chance to get out in my new M1 with the SRC1!

Got up to about 65 in north Ga today. Went 182 miles, over the mountain to Blairsville with a certified c-r-a-z-y Harley driver. I'll never judge another book by its cover. THAT was one fast HD. Turns out he had the new M8 completely redone, big bore kit, polished, cam, mapped, etc. Stock wheels and rubber but he could TURN. Bags and all, radio blaring. To top it off he is a really good guy, incredible life story. Met him at a stoplight in Dahlonega. We're friends for life.

Edited by Lowndes

Enjoying some great riding over the next few days. Caution is in order, though. Watch out for pot holes big enough to rip your wheel right off your bike! On one hand, you can get out there and ride finally, on the other, may not be the best time to travel unfamiliar roads that have giant potholes you're not familiar with. Just FYI.

I rode yesterday and today, fought through some fog, lots of snow melt running across the roads in the dark corners. This thaw came just in time for my cycle-sanity

Today was beautiful, 75-80 degrees. I saw more bikes in a half hour this afternoon than I've seen on the road all month so far. Tomorrow it's over for a while, rain/drizzle and 50-ish into the weekend then 35 overnight / 50 daytimes into next week, so those guys will go back into hibernation. That means I won't have to deal with folks putting down curvy roads at 5 under on the straights and 10 under the advisory speed on curves for a while :)

Oldironken, you and Matt Sturgis and I have to meet up given that we live within a few miles of each other.

I'd ride for Q! ;):grin:

https://www.btsmokehouse.com

Pat

Let me just say:

IN!!

Pat, you're farthest away, when is good?

James, Ken and I have done one great ride down here in CT, we need to get you in on the next one!

And the beef rib at BTs is kickass

Edited by Matts_12GS

Looks about an even distance though you appear to have better road options. :revit: But who cares we're talking Beef Ribs! :lick::Yes: Yesterday would have been nice, 76 degrees, today it's snowing! :dopeslap: Maybe April sometime? Or a warm few in March...post it up if you go out and I'll try to make it. :thumbsup:

Pat

Oldironken, you and Matt Sturgis and I have to meet up given that we live within a few miles of each other.

Pat

Let me just say:

IN!!

James, Ken and I have done one great ride down here in CT, we need to get you in on the next one!

In! Have bike, will ride for food...

Pat

Let me just say: :grin:

IN!!

In! Have bike, will ride for food...

Great all we need now is a day on the calendar and a catchy name. :S The Northeast MFQR? (meet for Q ride) :grin:

Pat

Lone_RT_rider
Great all we need now is a day on the calendar and a catchy name. :S The Northeast MFQR? (meet for Q ride) :grin:

Pat

The Great Eastern Eating Keynote Society?

:rofl::grin:

Heated vest, gloves and grips on high.

It was heaven......!

Speaking of heated clothing, Gerbing just took my 7 year old liner in for a repair or replace recall (hot spots). Thought that was pretty darn nice of them. :thumbsup:

Now back to our regularly scheduled who rode in to work programming. :grin:

Pat

Heated vest, gloves and grips on high.

It was heaven......!

Speaking of heated clothing, Gerbing just took my 7 year old liner in for a repair or replace recall (hot spots). Thought that was pretty darn nice of them. :thumbsup:

Now back to our regularly scheduled who rode in to work programming. :grin:

Pat

My Gerbings Micro-Wire best performed beautifully, btw. Nice quality. Nice, even heat.

RPG