IGNORED

Wethead Questions

BamaRider

Red!!

By the time I got home I was able to work everything. It took a few miles to get the hang of it, but I'm mostly good now.

I need to connect my sena 10 to the audio will it do that?

Congrats! I'm jealous. My wife is pushing for a new Goldwing.

I'm a bit excited about the new wing myself but I think a few in the first batch of them are going to have teething problems.

Pat

Congrats! Mine is white and has a flat rear tire at 160 miles. New tire just arrived and 6 inches of rain just today. 100% chance of rain thru Saturday. Blah.

I've run out of drool sitting in the garage but Spring is coming. Fender extender installed, Akropovic Ti slip on and Illium engine guards are in and ready to install!

I have 400 miles on the bike, rode all day yesterday in the 80 degree temps (warm even for Central Ala this time of year). The bike is everything folks say about it, and I believe it to be the pinnacle of motorcycle technology and function. At least 2 light years above my 2005.

I did not get much trade value for my 2005 with 85k miles. The bike looked brand new, but the miles and a non function left flasher hurt it badly. I have the fog lights and nav at 25% off. I shopped the bike around 3 dealers, all with a few dollars of each other. I used every argument I had to get more off the retail and only managed a small dent. I don't know for sure but the dealers seem not to have a lot of mark up on the bike, and try to make their money in other areas. I was worked hard for extra warranty and maintenance contracts, I mean really hard, I was about to get PO'ed and they backed off. Otherwise it was a good experience and can recommend Freedom Powersports.

This dealer has all 4 metric brands, Indian and BMW, and maybe Triumph (can't remember) so you can shop all the contenders in one place. I've been riding since I was 14 (now 62) and have logged over 1 million miles, so the young kids selling the bikes can't tell me much. The BMW side of the showroom was a little different, more mature, but I still knew more about the bike than they did. But it was a good and I liked it was informal experience.

Picture of my bike are on my website, you'll have to click over there to see it.

I'm still learning the various nuances of the bike. Right now its the audio system. I've never had a bike with audio so its new, but I mostly have it sorted out. Question. Can I connect my Iphone 6s to audio via bluetooth? If so, I'm doing something wrong. I also can't get it to see my Sena 10. To connect the Iphone via USB do I also need to connect the jack? I did connect the phone via USB but no dice, nothing happened.

Hi Bama, and Congratulations...

You asked: "Question. Can I connect my Iphone 6s to audio via bluetooth? If so, I'm doing something wrong. I also can't get it to see my Sena 10. To connect the Iphone via USB do I also need to connect the jack? I did connect the phone via USB but no dice, nothing happened."

Well... I also have an iPhone 6S and have been through the travails of getting this set up the way I wanted it. (I finally did though).

First you ask if you can link the phone to Audio via bluetooth. No- I do not think you can do that, and I am not sure what you would gain anyway. If the idea is to hear audio, the phone is not the best way to do it. If I recall your earlier post, you want to keep your iTunes on the phone then access it. Well, as far as I know that is not possible. As I said previously... just put the tunes on a USB drive, plug that into the right -had glove box and the tunes will play via the audio system... your choice of speakers or B/T to the Sena...(I have the Sena SMH-10 and it works fine.) ( and... there is a bonus... you can scroll through the tunes using the Wonder Wheel- which you could not do if you could figure out a way to get the tunes from the phone anyway)

Pairing the Sena and Phone is fairly straight-forward but it was obscure for me at first. I had extensive conversations on tech support with Sena, Apple, the Dealer, etc but I finally broke the code. I will have to go to the garage- where I keep the Pairing Sequence reference material... hold on a minute. The good news is that once you break the code- you do not have to re-pair again. Mine has kept the settings for several years at this point... no issue as long as you follow the same pre-ride sequence every time. There, I am back now... (It might be handy to have you Sena Manual handy for these various methods)

Note: Sequence is important... (might be handy to have the Sena Manual available)

1. iPhone = Off, Nav 5 or 6= Off. Bike= Off.

2. Pair Sena to Bike using A2DP method- see the Sena Manual (Headset ON, Hold "Radio Button"-5 seconds-release, then within 2 seconds Tap Jog Dial). This provides audio from the bike Audio system to the headset. This gives Radio/Weather/and any audio you have attached to the bike via the right-hand box connectors.

3. Nav 5/6- Power On, Pair to Sena with Multipoint method -not the method above. See the Manual.

4. iPhone Power On- B/T On and Pair to the Nav 5/6 (This allows you to hear Navigation Prompts from the Nav5/6 as well as send/receive Phone which is managed by the Garmin but not the tunes) (Note: Navigation is Navigation... Tunes are the Bike Audio... two different things that come together in your headset.)

OK Good... Now for Future rides just do this, in this sequence....

At the start- everything is OFF. No B/T on the phone, No Audio playing, Bike is not running...

1. Power on the Sena...

2. Turn on the bike... (do not have to start it but it is OK if you do...)(Bike will pair to Sena automajically)

3. Note: Nav 5/6 will have powered-up with Bike=On...

4. Phone- Turn ON B/T and Pair to Nav 5 which will happen auto-magically too.

(Short-Form Summary= H.S.---> Bike, H.S.---->Nav 5/6, Phone----> Nav 5/6. )

Put on the helmet, the gloves, wave goodbye and ride off...

Works for me.

(another note: On a ride, if you stop for gas or lunch or photos, etc... leave the Sena ON and when you re-start the bike- it all just pairs by itself- no fiddling.)

There may be other sequences and methods but this is the one I finally figured out and I use every time. It took me many hours with phone support, manual scouring etc...

Note: If you need to call Garmin there is a special section called OEM Support- which is where the guys who know the Nav 5/6 are... 866-455-7012.

Good luck.

Edited by hopz

I worked on this most of the morning, and have the audio and the assorted menus worked out.

Still no dice on the Sena, so came back here and got online for a remedy.

Hopz came in and advised-

"1. iPhone = Off, Nav 5 or 6= Off. Bike= Off.

2. Pair Sena to Bike using A2DP method- see the Sena Manual (Headset ON, Hold "Radio Button"-5 seconds-release, then within 2 seconds Tap Jog Dial). This provides audio from the bike Audio system to the headset. This gives Radio/Weather/and any audio you have attached to the bike via the right-hand box connectors."

Ok so lemme ask this, how ya reckon I'm get turn on the audio BT pairing with the bike OFF?

How do I take the Nav 6 outta the cradle? Just pull it out? I don't see anything to hold and then pull and I fear breaking something if I try to pull it out. I was in a hurry when I left the dealers (220 mile ride home) and told him "just lemme sign the paper you told me the stuff and I'll figure it out later."

I'm putting this down for now and going for a ride. Back later.

Edited by BamaRider

How do I take the Nav 6 outta the cradle? Just pull it out? I don't see anything to hold and then pull and I fear breaking something if I try to pull it out. I was in a hurry when I left the dealers (220 mile ride home) and told him "just lemme sign the paper you told me the stuff and I'll figure it out later."

There's a button on the right side of the console. Just put your hand to the right of Nav6 and you should feel it when you run your fingers over the plastic surround. Push that and the Nav6 will release. Be careful it doesn't just flop out and end up on the ground though.

Best of luck with the new ride & Ride Safe!

Edited by LIRider

OK...

Step 1 was just a starting point. Just trying to be sure there is a sequence that is not confused by starting in the middle.

yes the bike has to ON to pair to it.

To take the Nav 6 out of its cradle- if it is the same as my Nav V... there is a button on the right side of the housing look a bit behind the front lip of the cowling. Push it. The Nav will pop out. Be ready to catch it as you push the button.

"There's a button on the right side of the console. Just put your hand to the right of Nav6 and you should feel it when you run your fingers over the plastic surround. Push that and the Nav6 will release. Be careful it doesn't just flop out and end up on the ground though. "

I looked for this in the manual. Could not find it, in either the audio manual or the general manual.

Other tidbits they forget to mention is on button for 2 seconds when they tell to press it.

If I'd been drinking while reading the manual I'd been tore up and passed out by now.

"

I looked for this in the manual. Could not find it, in either the audio manual or the general manual.

Page 164 of the Motorcycle Owners Manual. for the 2016 bike

Page 143 of the Motorcycle Owners Manual. for the 2014 bike

6836.thumb.jpg.1d0306f16b945a0c9e2940c7f37ea2ed.jpg

Edited by AndyS