IGNORED

Triumph Revisited

eddd

I owned this early 60s Triumph 500 back in 1970, my only British bike, until now.

medium800.jpg

I thought it might be time to see if things have changed over the years so I bought this 2008 Daytona.

medium800.jpg

Both nice bikes but give me that 55 in the background of the first pic! :clap::thumbsup:

Pat

My first car. 283 punched out to a 292 with a close ratio Muncie 4 speed.

Love the cremesicle paint scheme. Looks great

Me too, love the color! So, eddd, are you riding this bike to the Un? :/

Triumph has come a long way since near bankruptcy. Sold my 2007Sprint ST last year, reason being the high insurance.

A caffee racer without or a sport tourer with the panniers and top case. The Brits like to call it bullet proof, and must admit they

are right. What i didn't like was at times was impossible to find the neutral and that was embarrassing.

6832.jpg.3173fd736f58ca8820de33b676ffc584.jpg

Reminds me of my favorite factory Buell color scheme.....love that orange

2001-Buell-M2-Cyclone-149319.jpg

There is something about the bright orange that makes a bike pop visually.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss my Speed Triple I had as a young LT in the Navy in Monterey CA. The sound it made was intoxicating. I am lucky to be alive after that bike. That bike would steal the show when I parked it around other much more expensive bikes. Yes, that is my 66 Mustang 2+2 fastback under the cover. Of course my wife is the prettiest thing in the garage.

6854.thumb.jpg.694295239a8276febb18889bb5cf2850.jpg

My last bike prior to my current and first BMW was a 2001 Speed Triple. It was great for 'bending the rules & ruling the bends'! It was a great bike, but not the great all around platform that my R1200ST is. I still wouldn't be ashamed to swing a leg over a Triumph to this day.

George%26SpeedTriple1.jpg

And once again my image that worked fine when I posted is gone, darn. Attached a small photo of the Speed Triple I used to own.

I just tested inserting photos in the right forum here on Feb 28th using the same method as for this thread and it's still working testing . Strange stuff going on.

6856.jpg.656f89a0dfc1716a14835c8a13b6ff81.jpg

Edited by sardineone
And once again my image that worked fine when I posted is gone, darn. Attached a small photo of the Speed Triple I used to own.

I just tested inserting photos in the right forum here on Feb 28th using the same method as for this thread and it's still working testing . Strange stuff going on.

George,

I can see the previous image just fine.

Now that is strange. I've attached what I'm seeing right now from earlier on this thread. Yet when I go back to my 'testing' thread the photo of my Moto Guzzi displays just fine. :dontknow:

6857.jpg.316c2792b3897e2b8e258d0e1f35a0bd.jpg

Ok, so I take that back. I refreshed and reloaded the page and I am no longer seeing the image. I'm not sure how OneDrive operates, but when you attempt to go to the page, it says it contains error. Maybe it's a login or rights issue.

George,

I did a little research on OneDrive. Apparently there are a couple of ways to get the URL for embedded images. The URL is designed to change when using "View Original". Try using the embed function in OneDrive instead. Maybe that is what you did for the post in the test area?

Hi Mike, I'll experiment on the testing thread some more. Like I said strange stuff. I used the view original method from my only public folder of my One Drive as recommended a few years back by someone on the board for both topic photos. The Guzzi photo is still visible and still have my Triumph photo trouble on this thread. I'm fairly computer literate so this is really confusing.

I've had 2. A 2000 Thunderbird Sport and a 2002 Tiger 955i

The TBS was one of my cheapest bikes and also the one bike that got the most attention.

623340893_832c510300_z.jpg

623342045_3ae40a6017_m.jpg

Miss them. :cry:

6858.jpg.2377fb438b89fca5b004687c2548dabf.jpg

That TBS looks great. I know that generation Triumph sounded great too! I owned a 95' Canadian model 900 Daytona triple. With its' metric speedo reading 320............Km, I had some fun with those that didn't realize that it wasn't MPH. :grin:

Oct%2004%27%20003%28e-mail%29.jpg

6859.jpg.82c699fb2c90fdb59bd74b2b5291016e.jpg

Edited by sardineone