IGNORED

So (cough cough) what's the best way to sell my 2003 RTP

Nevets

Sigh....

I really hate to do this post, but I'm at a point in life where I need to sell my 2003 RTP. I'm finding it an emotional thing, considering all the good times I've had with it.

However, my age/physical condition is telling me it's time.

[trying not to choke up here]

I need some advice please. Whats the "best way" to sell it? ~ 103K miles on it.

I have a lot of tools and accessories also. Maybe the Classifieds on the forum?

Just like to give a good home to someone who will actually ride it.

Nevets

The best way to sell your bike is,

price it properly.

The emotional ties and baggage don't have value to a new owner.

Set a fair price.

A price that garners interest.

No interest.

Lower price.

This isn't about ROI. It is about selling a machine.

BTDT.

I can relate.

Honestly. 15 years old.....over 100k miles.....put it up on craigslist and or facebook marketplace cheap. I can't imagine you would find any long distance buyers for that age/mileage. Anything over about $2500 and you would be kidding yourself regardless of condition. If you want more out of it, take it apart and deal with parting it out. I fought the same battle with my 1100RT when it was time. I decided to part it out, but I had a lot more free time back then. If I had to do it now, I'd list it for $2500 and take any reasonable offer from the first guy that actually shows up to look at it and isn't a PITA.

Best of luck. Sorry you have to part ways with it. Hope you are looking for smaller/lighter, and not hanging up your gear.

Dave_zoom_zoom
Honestly. 15 years old.....over 100k miles.....put it up on craigslist and or facebook marketplace cheap. I can't imagine you would find any long distance buyers for that age/mileage. Anything over about $2500 and you would be kidding yourself regardless of condition. If you want more out of it, take it apart and deal with parting it out. I fought the same battle with my 1100RT when it was time. I decided to part it out, but I had a lot more free time back then. If I had to do it now, I'd list it for $2500 and take any reasonable offer from the first guy that actually shows up to look at it and isn't a PITA.

Best of luck. Sorry you have to part ways with it. Hope you are looking for smaller/lighter, and not hanging up your gear.

Painfully good advice!

Dave

• 3 years later...

OK, is sold.  Back to the Grand Rapids, MI dealer who I bought it from.  Blane has always treated me right.   See my posting on Classified / Parts for a few tidbits I'm getting rid of.