IGNORED

Brakes again 1100 RT

Babby

Thanks to everybody who responded. One more question. 2000 R1100 RT .On left front caliper there is a bleed nipple. On right side caliper in the nipples place there is a long nut with two sides flat for wrench and a allen screw cap . Hoow do you bleed that. Thanks everybody.

Thanks to everybody who responded. One more question. 2000 R1100 RT .On left front caliper there is a bleed nipple. On right side caliper in the nipples place there is a long nut with two sides flat for wrench and a allen screw cap . Hoow do you bleed that. Thanks everybody.

Afternoon Babby

The right front caliper has a factory fill check valve. You have 2 choices but both involve a new bleeder screw.

You can just remove the entire factory fill device (if you can get it out) then replace it with a BMW bleed screw (PN 34212330310) -- or just

buy a new generic bleeder screw from you local auto parts store.

Or remove just the inner plug then screw the bleeder screw into that (this way needs the bleeder screw turned in tight to open the inner check valve

& flow fluid).

Clive Liddell

Hi Babby,

I removed the factory fill device some 18 years ago but the one thing I recall is that it was tightly fitted with loctite as well. Some well directed heat and it should unscrew easily.

Lone_RT_rider

Afternoon Babby

The right front caliper has a factory fill check valve. You have 2 choices but both involve a new bleeder screw.

You can just remove the entire factory fill device (if you can get it out) then replace it with a BMW bleed screw (PN 34212330310) -- or just

buy a new generic bleeder screw from you local auto parts store.

Or remove just the inner plug then screw the bleeder screw into that (this way needs the bleeder screw turned in tight to open the inner check valve

& flow fluid).

There is one more option DR, and I don't see it brought up as often as I used to. Speedbleeders.

I've been running these on my R1100RT for over 90K miles. No leaks and they have been working perfectly all that time.