IGNORED

Now this looks interesting!

elkroeger

I have to say, I never could ride a skateboard worth a darn...

But this thing looks both fun and practical. They advertise an 18 mile range, max 20pmh. Remarkable!

www.onewheel.com

268518_26941_L2.jpg

A rider of one, or very similar, just about took me out in the supermarket parking lot the other day. I was amazed that it didn't slow as it turned up the hill.

szurszewski

Saw a guy riding one of those in soccer type field at a park a week or so ago - he was staring skyward, so i looked up, then looked at the guy's hands - he was flying a drone and following it around the field. :)

I tried for months to acquire one of those at work for "research" purposes. It didn't work. I still want one, but I would realistically have no real practical use for it other than as a toy that I wouldn't have time to use.

I tried for months to acquire one of those at work for "research" purposes. It didn't work. I still want one, but I would realistically have no real practical use for it other than as a toy that I wouldn't have time to use.

No problem Keith, there are plenty of board members here who would be happy to use it for you, NC! :wave::clap:

Of course, since I was the first one to suggest it, please send it to me first. :thumbsup:

I tried for months to acquire one of those at work for "research" purposes. It didn't work. I still want one, but I would realistically have no real practical use for it other than as a another toy that I wouldn't have time to use.

...fixed it.

For an additional $225 you can get a carrying case. That will come in handy when you bust your arse. You'll look super cool carrying it home telling everyone I drained battery hanging 10

Edited by Skywagon

I tried one of those and found it much easier to “ride” than I expected.

Turns we're little wobbly at first but controlling the board was much easier than I thought.

The hardest part was getting off the board.

You control the board's acceleration by tilting it back/forth, so if you just try to lift one foot to step off the board and hesitate even a little, the board will zip away from under you.

So the “exits” were definitely little ungraseful.

What kept me from buying one was the price.

No way I'd pay $1500 for a toy like this. $300 to $500 maybe, but not $1500.

I do have to say it was REALLY FUN to ride.

Interesting to hear all your comments. Seems like something that would be great if you worked downtown. take the bus in, hop on this, zip off to work. I can see college kids zipping across campus. Doctors wheeling down to emergency, dodging gurneys and wheelchairs along the way... Ok, well, that was a joke, of course, but using it indoors might be acceptable, depending on where you work. The price is way out of my league for something that marginally practical. Maybe there's a used market.