IGNORED

Interesting Catalog

Sonor

Just passing this info along - I know there are people that could appreciate this on this forum.

I received a catalog in the mail today from MSC Metalworking. They have lots and lots of tools, micrometers, indicators, etc all for metal working. The web site associated with this catalog is mscdirect.com.

Again, just passing the info along for those that could use it.

Back in the early 90's I requested a MSC catalog through their website without realizing what I was asking for. It came in a very heavy box about three weeks later. Several thousand thin pages, hard cardboard cover, about the size of a phone book (another anachronism), probably 5-6 inches thick. The only thing I remember ordering was a large box of earplugs, which is now almost gone. I spent many hours browsing through it, but I'm glad to see that their "Big Book" is now online, along with the specialty catalogs and monthly sales flyers.

Only 200 pairs, but they clean up easily and I was also getting other plugs via work during many of those ~25 years. These are North Deci4200 disposables, claimed to be NRR 33, still very soft after all this time. The yellow EAR brand from work would harden in a few months. The Deci4200 that I see on the web now is orange rather than pink, with a different shape, a NRR of 31, and a price 3-4 times what I remember, which was about $21.00.

I have taken ear plugs and put them in a nylon sock and washed them in the washing machine. They came out just like new.