IGNORED

Thanks Dirtrider

elkroeger

I'd just like to take a moment:

Time and again, I look at people's posts, with whatever problem they're facing: From a burned out bulb, to a burned up motor... and everything in between. Usually, there are several replies. Some are pretty good, some are only stabs in the dark. But then DR chimes in with the answer. Day in and day out.

Thanks guy, for taking the time to help keep us on the road, and better understand how these things work! I don't know how you do it. The collective BMWST owes you a beer!

Or two....

:beer: :beer: :beer:

What always has amazed me is every so often ,some one will challenge his knowledge or ridicule the fact that he has so much.

He always stays on point and never lowers himself to that level. He has helped me on more than one occasion and has always responded

know matter how simple the request was. We are all very lucky to have his talent and patients on our side

Thanks D.R. !!

LittleBriar

Amen... helped me a couple of times so far. Some of the "experts" can be condescending (particularly on other forums) but not DR.

Thanks!

Lincoln_Faller

Bravo DR! Your knowledge is awe inspiring, your generosity with it even more so. Thanks so much for all your help.

Over the 19 years that this board has been online, and the 19 years I've been privileged to be a member and Admin, we've always counted on each other and our accumulated knowledge to help out our fellow riders. Some of that info has been good, and some has been, well, sketchy (anyone remember the wiki-wango spark plugs from outer Timbuktu . . . I forget the actual name . . . that some people swore cured surging on the 1100's?). And we've had some people more knowledgeable than others. Yet I've never seen anyone as knowledgeable, and as incredibly generous with his time and with that knowledge, than Dirt Rider. This is why the Admin Team bestowed upon him the title of "The Oracle." He's THAT good.

Little is known about the man. Kind of like The Stig. All you know is that if he's guiding you around, you're in good, experienced hands and that his knowledge is solid. So just relax and follow his lead.

Thank you, Good Sir. From everyone here.

:clap:

Personally I think DR is actually the Alexa at the BMWST Admin island retreat hooked to a Cray supercomputer cloud.

:lurk:

Let's See...DR taught me whizzy brake change, starter repair, electrical relay for 2nd horn, stuff on Zumo, opinions on oil, drive fluids, valve sync, and I am sure there is a lot more he taught me personally and the amount of things I've learned from just reading his post could fill a BMW service manual...but he is kinda of like big foot...rides in the woods at high speed, covered in mud and dirt, leaves tracks here and yet no sighting...Don't know that I will ever have the pleasure of meeting him, but the steak dinner would sure be on me...Oh by the way he may be the only person on the board that I could have had a discussion about powerglide transmissions from the 60's and the merits of aluminum or steel clutch drums... Thanks DR...