IGNORED

What else do you do for fun besides ride?

I must admit to becoming infatuated with Jeeps! Rented one in Colorado last year and just had to have one. I have to have a vehicle that can be flat towed, and Jeep Wranglers are the absolute easiest vehicle you can do this with. Just like the bikes, I cannot leave it alone. I have done some suspension work, and larger tires. Part of that is testing "flex" which I have some pics of. It is amazing how much aftermarket support there is for these. One of the most comfortable vehicles I have ever driven, which was QUITE a surprise to me.

DSC02420_zps6azluwln.jpg

DSC02417_zpssltrctmy.jpg

DSC02416_zpsgyr4jt7l.jpg

DSC02401_zps70bzvwo0.jpg

This Jeep will go through this ditch without slipping a wheel. It has switches on the dash for electric locking of rear AND/OR front differentials as well as a switch to disconnect the front swaybar.

I must admit to becoming infatuated with Jeeps! Rented one in Colorado last year and just had to have one. I have to have a vehicle that can be flat towed, and Jeep Wranglers are the absolute easiest vehicle you can do this with. Just like the bikes, I cannot leave it alone. I have done some suspension work, and larger tires. Part of that is testing "flex" which I have some pics of. It is amazing how much aftermarket support there is for these. One of the most comfortable vehicles I have ever driven, which was QUITE a surprise to me.

DSC02420_zps6azluwln.jpg

DSC02417_zpssltrctmy.jpg

DSC02416_zpsgyr4jt7l.jpg

DSC02401_zps70bzvwo0.jpg

This Jeep will go through this ditch without slipping a wheel. It has switches on the dash for electric locking of rear AND/OR front differentials as well as a switch to disconnect the front swaybar.

I went through five Jeeps,....Just Empty Every Pocket. My last one had 5.5" Long Arm suspension, 1" body lift, 4.56's (should put 4.88's in), Detroit rear, lockrite front with warn hub conversion, engine lift, 35's for the street, 37's for the trails (no beadlocks nad ran 8psi), full cage tied to the frame, tube fenders,....all of this on a new off the lot Jeep. I did all the work except build the rear bumper/tire carrier. After trail rides, I'd put it in 4low and walk beside it as the jeep crawled down the street checking and listening for anomalies. Took me two years to break the front end, but spare parts were on the trailer and back on the trail within hours. Something about forcing a 4000lb+ vehicle to go near vertical up a trail. Also, only a true wheeler will complain about spending ten minutes in traffic to go two miles but will spend all day on a trail to travel that same distance.

Richard, I hope to not get quite as bad a Jeep itch as you had! This one has to serve daily driver duty and there comes a line you don't want to cross as far as mods go. One reason I bought this Recon is that it has the high pinion Dana 44 with electronic lockers like the standard Rubicon, but also has 5/16" axle tubes and heavier forged ball joint "C's" . Shouldn't have to worry about the front end with the tires I am running ( Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/17, 33 1/4" on the ground). I have NO lift, I do have a 1" spacer in the front to level it out a bit after the winch, tow bar, and hoop. Working on bump stop solutions, I get a very light rub when disconnected on the front. Recons have the tallest suspension Jeep has put on a JK.

Mine was a daily driver as it sat. I would do my work trips when I was stationed in Agony (Albany), Ga to northern VA and back. She drove straight and true. It was a 2000 model TJ Sport with the 44 out back ( I waited until Jeep finally figured out that we wanted a production 44 in the rear(shoulda waited until the Rubi came out for the front 44 as well)). I'm more of a fan of mechanical lockers than the electronic stuff but for bunny trails, the electronics will work just fine.

I ended up selling the TJ in '09, the only vehicle I ever regret selling. I just didn't play with it anymore on the trails and felt that someone else could benefit from it's build condition. The body was dented in spots (all dents/scratches were sharpie labeled with date and location, a couple even had little band-aids on them), but the driveline was perfect. Dent's/scratches are only cosmetic and that's secondary to function. Jeep was less than two weeks off the dealer lot when I put my first scrap on the body. 'Twas a fun vehicle, but very expensive to play with like I wanted to play and also having the spare parts for the unknown breakage demon that lies in the trails waiting for you to let your guard down or testosterone the skinny pedal.

Finally got home and able to see your Jeep, nice looking,....it needs some body damage though.

This is what happens when you stand it near vertical on the front end with a twist into a tree

27090007938_ce6cbd8d04_o.jpg

40919128852_f932e3c676_z.jpg

27090003618_03963460b5_o.jpg

40919037082_1a1a2fd7f7.jpg

40251805924_8ccbd34708_c.jpg

And all prettied up,.....this is how it was sold,....of course dual tops included (hard and soft top with multiple plastic windows)

40919035172_bc82089a50_c.jpg

40960911841_13fa76fa36_c.jpg

Bud, I have done Desolation sound area many times, I'm actually leaving the unrally a day early so I can run the Harbercraft up that way to meet a “Yacht Club” group. If you ever get back to the area I have a dock and deep-water moorage in Fisherman Bay Lopez Island that is about 3 miles from Friday Harbor. Love to here about your trip over a pop at unrally.

Maybe some day. I'm out for the UN as I'm getting a new right hip on July 16th.

roadscholar
Finally got home and able to see your Jeep, nice looking,....it needs some body damage though.

LOL. I'd love another Jeep (had one as a teenager) but I think something in between new and a rock crawler because It'll likely get some damage but don't really plan on getting it upside down : )

For the time being I've been taking the old Tahoe places in Colorado it probably shouldn't go and so far has done surprisingly well. Whenever we get to a tricky spot my passengers would get out and walk cause they wanted to take some photos (wink wink). :grin:

1143-XL.jpg

1147-XL.jpg

1151-XL.jpg

Sometimes we'd stop and talk to Jeepers and they'd usually say something like, man ya'll got some cojones bringing that thing up here : )

1166-XL.jpg

Went over Hancock too, it was worse than Imogene, can't tell it in these photos though (the road at the top right is Tomichi Pass)

1296-XL.jpg

1323-XL.jpg

The problem with being stock height is you have to take bad/incorrect lines so the oil pan clears the boulders.

The good thing for now is it can get me to about 90% of the places I wanna go, but I think a Jeep with a mild lift is in the future.

1374-XL.jpg

Edited by roadscholar

LOL. I'd love another Jeep (had one as a teenager) but I think something in between new and a rock crawler because It'll likely get some damage but don't really plan on getting it upside down : )

For the time being I've been taking the old Tahoe places in Colorado it probably shouldn't go and so far has done surprisingly well. Whenever we get to a tricky spot my passengers would get out and walk cause they wanted to take some photos (wink wink). :grin:

The problem with being stock height is you have to take bad/incorrect lines so the oil pan clears the boulders.

The good thing for now is it can get me to about 90% of the places I wanna go, but I think a Jeep with a mild lift is in the future.

At least you're using for what 98% of the rest of "4wd" vehicle owners don't do. Put a mild lift with corresponding tires on the tahoe, lock up the rear end, throw on a pan skid and tank skid and leave it at that (after lift/tires, you may need to look at regearing). If it's taking you to the places you want to go now, I'd leave well enough alone for the vehicle but put a wee bit of mods in it to make it slightly more capable,....don't go crazy.

Very nice!!!

Thanks Marty, do you still have yours, I was looking for a picture of it awhile back?

Sure do! Daughter will post a pic in a couple of hours. Without a P Car and a BMW Bike life would be very boring!

roadscholar

At least you're using for what 98% of the rest of "4wd" vehicle owners don't do. Put a mild lift with corresponding tires on the tahoe, lock up the rear end, throw on a pan skid and tank skid and leave it at that (after lift/tires, you may need to look at regearing). If it's taking you to the places you want to go now, I'd leave well enough alone for the vehicle but put a wee bit of mods in it to make it slightly more capable,....don't go crazy.

It came with the Posi-traction option (I think that's locker in Chevy-speak) so it's true 4wd which I'm finding isn't the case with a lot of em. Also we put some BFG A/T's on it the last trip because I learned the hard way about doing Colorado passes w/o all terrain tires, a lot of those rocks are sharp enough to stick right thru a 4-ply. Had to change one in the dark coming down Engineer in a Suburban 8 or 9 years ago.

068.jpg

097-XL.jpg

Also those BFG's are good onroad too, no noise and ride great. Not cheap but worth it because the Tahoe doubles as everyday transport plus it's hauled a big Airstream back and forth from Fla a few times.

Good idea about the pan and tank skid plates, hadn't even thought about the tank needing one so thanks. Plus I'll look into getting it lifted a little, that oughta make it capable for some of the rough stuff I've been eyeing like Tomichi, Mt. Antero, Mosquito, Tincup, and Black Bear. Here's a shot from the bottom of Antero, steeper than it looks with supposedly big rocks up top.

1028-XL.jpg

1033-XL.jpg

It came with the Posi-traction option (I think that's locker in Chevy-speak) so it's true 4wd which I'm finding isn't the case with a lot of em. Also we put some BFG A/T's on it the last trip because I learned the hard way about doing Colorado passes w/o all terrain tires, a lot of those rocks are sharp enough to stick right thru a 4-ply. Had to change one in the dark coming down Engineer in a Suburban 8 or 9 years ago.

Not quite, a true locker will send power to both wheels equally. Factory "posi-traction" is generally nothing more than a limited slip, which is slightly, every so slightly better than an open differential. Also, your front end is very likely to have an open differential, single powered front wheel depending on which has the least amount of resistance. There's probably times when you've noticed only one wheel at the front and rear spinning in a given situation.

A couple of ways to check the differentials for "true" locking. If of the ground, and in neutral, spin one wheel, if the other wheel goes the same direction,...you have a "true" locked in differential, if it spins opposite, you have a limited slip or open differential. The second way is to "teeter/twist" the vehicle in a stressed situation where two wheels are off the ground. If the two wheels in the air are spinning and the ones on the ground are still, you know what you have.

Many "feel" that they have a 4wd vehicle because they've seen all four wheels spin, true, in minimal resistance situations, all four wheels will spin (think wet clay) or all four wheels will receive power at one point in time and spin, but stress those differentials, and you'll likely see the true nature of factory "posi". Most 4wds on the market are only really 2wds, meaning one in the front and one in the back will get power. Some come with "traction control" where the electronics limit the wheel spin of a certain wheel, other come with actual electronic lockers mainly in the rear but some throw the front one. The traction control vehicles,....I'm not a big fan of as sometimes you will need those wheels spinning while traversing a technical obstacle. If I didn't want both my wheels locked in the front (sometimes that limits steering when both are locked), I'd simply unlock one hub and have 3wd. There's alot more to it than just pushing a button on a dash and for most that take their vehicles on standard trails, that will suffice, but for me I like to ensure that I have a wee bit more traction.

The BFGs are awesome tires. The ATs are very good for what you are doing and the MTs aren't that much louder. I've had both. Air down and you get much, much more traction. Gotta experiment with the psi levels, for my application, 8psi was the breaking point, anything lower and I be popping beads.

If you do lift it, the only way to get differential lift is bigger tires......bigger tires, more rolling weight, more rolling weight, more worn parts, more worn parts, more broken parts on the trail......see where it goes.

For your IFS, you can cheap out and crank the keys of your torsion bars to get about two inches of front lift, throw spacers in the back and add extended shocks all around,....you're ride WILL be noticeably rougher but you should be able to clear 32-33" tires.

roadscholar

Not quite, a true locker will send power to both wheels equally. Factory "posi-traction" is generally nothing more than a limited slip, which is slightly, every so slightly better than an open differential. Also, your front end is very likely to have an open differential, single powered front wheel depending on which has the least amount of resistance. There's probably times when you've noticed only one wheel at the front and rear spinning in a given situation.

If you do lift it, the only way to get differential lift is bigger tires......bigger tires, more rolling weight, more rolling weight, more worn parts, more worn parts, more broken parts on the trail......see where it goes.

For your IFS, you can cheap out and crank the keys of your torsion bars to get about two inches of front lift, throw spacers in the back and add extended shocks all around,....you're ride WILL be noticeably rougher but you should be able to clear 32-33" tires.

Great info, thanks. Yeah I wasn't sure about the locker terminology, I've had a racecar with a welded diff and it was truly locked up, when you turned sharp at slow speeds it would chirp the outside tire, no give whatsoever. But it sure was hooked up on those 90mph corner exits : ) I had a Chevy truck fanatic interpret the option codes on it and he said it had something that made it true 4wd, anyway it seems pretty capable for now especially with the new tires which I plan on keeping awhile. I like your suggestion for the cheap lift and I'd probably go with some good shocks like Bilsteins for a better ride, it's got some cheap Rancho stuff on it now which I hate.

Here's one, I know the Jeep rental guy in Salida and he let's me know pretty much where I can and can't go with the current set up. When I told him I was gonna do Hancock Pass he said, I wouldn't do it you're gonna bust up those floorboards! Came back afterwards and told him I only broke one side : )

roadscholar
Very nice!!!

Thanks Marty, do you still have yours, I was looking for a picture of it awhile back?

Sure do! Daughter will post a pic in a couple of hours. Without a P Car and a BMW Bike life would be very boring!

True dat Marty... :lurk:

Great info, thanks. Yeah I wasn't sure about the locker terminology, I've had a racecar with a welded diff and it was truly locked up, when you turned sharp at slow speeds it would chirp the outside tire, no give whatsoever. But it sure was hooked up on those 90mph corner exits : ) I had a Chevy truck fanatic interpret the option codes on it and he said it had something that made it true 4wd, anyway it seems pretty capable for now especially with the new tires which I plan on keeping awhile. I like your suggestion for the cheap lift and I'd probably go with some good shocks like Bilsteins for a better ride, it's got some cheap Rancho stuff on it now which I hate.

Here's one, I know the Jeep rental guy in Salida and he let's me know pretty much where I can and can't go with the current set up. When I told him I was gonna do Hancock Pass he said, I wouldn't do it you're gonna bust up those floorboards! Came back afterwards and told him I only broke one side : )

Yep, those welded diffs are generally referred to as a Lincoln Locker,.....from "Lincoln" welders. We were at an event in Monteagle TN one year and my buddy with a slightly modded CJ5 wanted his front diff welded (rear was already locked). Another buddy had a beautifully set up TJ with on board air, on board welder $8k Dynatracs front and rear,.....just a beast on 38.5 boggers,....so, after a few liquid refreshments, we pop the diff cover, let the lube drain, sprayed the inside with brake cleaner and my buddy commences to welding the spiders. Well, the heat decided to do a flash ignite of the not yet evaporated brake cleaner and "sun burned" his face,......he was wondering how his face got sunburned the next morning. Anyway, that Lincoln Locked front end ran mostly with one hub unlocked so the CJ5 could actually steer,....but when locked in, makes a world of difference in traction.

roadscholar
Hi, Marty's daughter posting for him since he is not good with computers :dopeslap: - seems Google Albums took away the ability to link directly to an image source so I can't get it to display here, but you should be able to see it by visiting this link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZainqF83okE49ApI3

Thanks Katheryn and sorry for the hassle, I'm in the same boat tho I've managed to figure out the picture thing somewhat.

Good looking car Marty, hard to tell from the side but it looks like an '03 or '04 "S", is it manual or Tip? BTW there's a Porsche thread over on Adv and even Doug checks in every once in a while..

Hey Bill, It's an '01S. No S, no buy! I still really enjoy speed and twisties. Got it from a friend at 40k miles/just hit 50kl. Shipping to Seattle in may and heading down the coast for awhile before driving home. While it's headed west I'm flying to Toronto and taking the 4 day scenic train to Vancouver. Odd, I've ridden the west coast on a bike but never in a convertible. Still a lot of great things to see. I'll check out the P thread on ADV. I enjoyed the designation delete on the trunk altho the exhausts tell the story. Original owner was weird like me. Manual of course! :grin:

Edited by Marty Hill
roadscholar

That should be a great trip, take some pics and send 'em to me or Pat, we'll handle it.. I like the custom look badge delete too, on my first Porsche in 1966 a '63 S90 coupe, after I'd had it awhile took the bumpers, hood handle, and hubcaps off. Hey it was cool at the time : )

That should be a great trip, take some pics and send 'em to me or Pat, we'll handle it.. I like the custom look badge delete too, on my first Porsche in 1966 a '63 S90 coupe, after I'd had it awhile took the bumpers, hood handle, and hubcaps off. Hey it was cool at the time : )

For sure that was a different look! My first was a summer yellow '87 911 with 1k on the odo. First owner was the then CEO of Porsche. Used it for a short vacation in the states. I was driving by the P store in atlanta, saw it, hit the brakes and drove it home. Took it to P training at Roebling Road and met HHH there. Then I learned how to drive! Went back the next month, helped out and got more training after school closed. He took my son around for a couple of laps as well.

I promise to take some pics. Daughter doesn't mind helping her old/dumb father. :grin:

Edited by Marty Hill
roadscholar

For sure that was a different look! My first was a summer yellow '87 911 with 1k on the odo. First owner was the then CEO of Porsche. Used it for a short vacation in the states. I was driving by the P store in atlanta, saw it, hit the brakes and drove it home. Took it to P training at Roebling Road and met HHH there. Then I learned how to drive! Went back the next month, helped out and got more training after school closed. He took my son around for a couple of laps as well.

:thumbsup: Was it Peter Schutz's car?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schutz

Yes it was. I put about 40k on it with a lot of track days but back then they were almost impossible to sell with that many miles. Then I had a red special lightweight edition coupe, Guards Red 911 RS America. That model is bringing about 160k now. I sold it to my then g/friend for 40K. Without telling me she traded it for a new Mercedes sedan/I almost went nuts! :mad:

Edited by Marty Hill
roadscholar

964, Carrera RS America. Know the feeling, I've had a few slip through the cracks too.

57.jpg

I got to drive the racing version at the Daytona IMSA test in Dec '92, known as Carrera Cup cars. It and one other car came over from Europe to run in the 24 Hours and I think were the first racecars in the U.S. to have ABS. I came in after one session and said I really didn't care for it, preferring the art of threshold braking. I was then publicly scolded by an older Porsche racer for not embracing the new technology. :)

59df60418803418a53bb883535a49fc4.jpg

Of course this is what happens when you let a bunch of wealthy Europeans loose in cars that are smarter than they are : )

1092595d1474831276-unusual-brake-ducts-tumblr_neue0eczbx1u3nwmuo1_1280.jpg

Edited by roadscholar

That was the twin of mine. 1 difference, all the RS and other stickers were in a package in the trunk. None were on the car. I'm enjoying the convertible Boxter. It feels good at 108GPS. :grin:

PS, the porsche destruction derby is painful to watch!

Edited by Marty Hill
roadscholar

With the top down. :thumbsup:

I like going down to the potato fields (long straight roads and no trees) for speed runs with the top down late at night, exhilarating stuff!

001-X2.jpg

roadscholar
You will have a real challenge getting up Tomichi pass in that vehicle me thinks.

Which is part of the attraction : ) It was partially blocked last season from a rock slide, word was only bikes and 4-wheelers could get by. The smart move would be to lift the Tahoe a few inches which should cure most of the clearance issues, after that I'm game. Wanna go? I also want to do Napoleon but the one I'm really concerned about is Williams, it's only open during August and just looks ridiculous where it turns off Alpine Tunnel. I know you've passed it a couple times and probably didn't know a road was there, because it's hard to tell..

_dsc3431_med.jpeg

I think this next shot is big-t after he dragged you over Tomichi on your 650. :grin:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by roadscholar

The above pic boggles me. I can't imagine riding on that surface. You guys are nuts....in a good way.

roadscholar
The above pic boggles me. I can't imagine riding on that surface. You guys are nuts....in a good way.

Marty I got that one off the web of a rider on Williams Pass, nobody I can hang with. :grin:

• 1 month later...
roadscholar
You will have a real challenge getting up Tomichi pass in that vehicle me thinks.

I think you;re right so I've been working on plan B. I'll take some pictures, only if it's successful. :grin:

047-X2.jpg

roadscholar
Like your plan B approach!! :thumbsup:

Pat

We'll see how it goes, Tomichi was closed last year to everything but bikes and 4-wheelers, a rock slide blocked most of the road. Hope it's in better shape this Summer.

Now I remember why I miss Florida!

It's overrated Marty, spread the word : )

• 2 months later...
roadscholar

Drive tale..

This little guy followed me home a couple weeks ago, a '99 the last of the E36's with an automatic which is what I wanted because it's still a sporty yet comfy road car. And though they've never lacked in the motor dept. the next gen M3 (E46) had to up the ante significantly with big wheels/low pro tires and racecar-like suspension so it could hang with Corvettes and 911's.

With an impending rare rain-free forecast for a few days the GF and I set off for the Smokies, the land of twisty tarmac.

010-XL.jpg

For two solid days we never donned the top.

004-XL.jpg

006-XL.jpg

We hit all the great roads and even made it over to the dragon, which amazingly was my 1st time there with 4 wheels (but more than I can remember on two).

Stayed at Fontana one night and saw this group pull in. The HD Adv bike thread made me think about the fact that none of these car companies are in business anymore, steeped in tradition they just couldn't or wouldn't adapt to changing times. They are pretty though..

006-XL.jpg

003-XL.jpg

005-XL.jpg

007-XL.jpg

Particularly tasty IMO.

008-XL.jpg

I knew the gap would be nutty on a Saturday and it was, even before we got there a helicopter was landing at the dam for an emergency flight. And on a sad side-note, we lost one of our local long time BMW riders there several weeks ago, RIP John.

This was after I made a run down and back, stopped to chat with the Po-Po. I caught up to one coming back and wanted to complement him and was curious about their training. He was in cruise mode but had a pretty quick pace and very smooth.

IMG_5192-L.jpg

Moral of the story is, don't mess with these guys, they can probably catch you. :)

IMG_5189-L.jpg

Even though it was crowded I had quite a bit of clear road, it was fun playing with some of the bikes and cars, there was a Corvette (C5?) I could pull away from at will, we'd let him catch up then disappear again, big fun! :grin:

There's a technique you can use with an auto, left foot braking, and at a tight venue like the dragon it's an advantage. As crazy as it is I'd forgotten how much fun the place is, the cops (they can only hope to contain it), the fast guys, the cruisers just trying to survive (there were several having problems), it's basically an unsanctioned free for all and never a dull moment, a real adrenaline inducer. Needless to say the little bimmer held it's own, I was pleasantly surprised. Later we topped off the day with a great dinner.

IMG_5199-L.jpg

roadscholar

It was a nice break, been raining here seems like every day for a month or more. You know Richard, owner of Caffe Rel is a Porsche nut, he's had several over the years. Besides that just a nice guy, try to get a chat with him next time you're there. Be a good excuse to exercise that Boxster too : )

I have seen the P car there several times. I'll take the P next time I go there when the rain stops.

I've added throwing knives, tomahawks, and spears to the mix. Weird, I know, but the knife throwing is kind of meditative, and I usually put about 20 minutes in after dinner as a way to cycle down from my day. My Medieval recreation group does a 2-hour practice with safety referees and a roped off area every Sunday (if the weather is good), which is a great way to socialize and throw stuff.

010-XL.jpg

I can imagine Mrs. Blue (Bubba's Mother in Gump) standing on that porch with her arms crossed. :grin: Great pics Bill! :thumbsup:

Pat

roadscholar

It's a cool old farm on a back road in Bellville, Ga., I've been driving and riding past it for years on the way to the mtns. It's called the Daniel Farm, no longer in operation (the buildings are beginning to deteriorate) but in addition to being a cotton farm I vaguely remember something about them working on German cars in one of several outbuildings, I'd think mostly V-dubs. It's a tiny little town with a RR station but like many others in Georgia, time has passed it by.

Stayed at Fontana one night and saw this group pull in. The HD Adv bike thread made me think about the fact that none of these car companies are in business anymore, steeped in tradition they just couldn't or wouldn't adapt to changing times. They are pretty though..

006-XL.jpg

Yahuh!! MG is still in business, while they haven't been making roadsters since 95ish, they soon will and yes they are China owned, but designed in the UK and I believe assembled in the UK.

Some years ago, I had two MGBs that I played with, super fun little cars to drive, really easy to work on and annoying to chase the electrical issues.

Anyway, about 2008-9ish, MG actually put out that roadsters would be designed, to include a GT variant......it never came but recent news confirmed that it will.

roadscholar

Yahuh!! MG is still in business, while they haven't been making roadsters since 95ish, they soon will and yes they are China owned, but designed in the UK and I believe assembled in the UK.

Some years ago, I had two MGBs that I played with, super fun little cars to drive, really easy to work on and annoying to chase the electrical issues.

Anyway, about 2008-9ish, MG actually put out that roadsters would be designed, to include a GT variant......it never came but recent news confirmed that it will.

Technically maybe, but not really. Kind of like Triumph motorcycles, it's a different company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_Rover_Group

Technically maybe, but not really. Kind of like Triumph motorcycles, it's a different company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_Rover_Group

You can argue it that way,....Is a Harley a Harley (sold to AMF, bought back by investors and a relative), how about an Indian an Indian (gone through a several companies and now it's Polaris, is it just a UTV?), are Dodges/Rams no longer Dodges and Rams because the Italians now own the company. MGs are still MGs, China might own them, but they're still UK originated by design. While we may never see a modern MGA rolling down the street from a factory line, it doesn't mean that we won't see an MG roadster of some sort in the near future. Current history and buy a new MG

• 1 month later...

Been out cruizin the hood the last few days.

Thursday on Mt. Princeton

004-XL.jpg

008-XL.jpg

Picked up Tanner coming down, he'd hiked to the top and was happy to get a lift : )

016-XL.jpg

Yesterday, in the shadow of Shavano.

002-XL.jpg

Salida in the distance

006-XL.jpg

I don't know why Molly doesn't want any Jeep pictures..

008-XL.jpg

009-XL.jpg

012-XL.jpg

013-XL.jpg