IGNORED

Clutch control

temesvar

It is highly advised brake fluid flush every two years or so. Was wondering if the clutch control

requires any maintenance/ top op/ bleeding? I just suppose not, since I see no bleeding valve.

Had the control unit removed from the handle bar as I changed them. (the bars!) When first ride,

I noticed there is air on line. After several pumps, it settled, or so it seams. Is there something

I should check, just to be sure? The bike is a 2008 RT

Thanks.

AFAIK there is no maintenance schedule on the clutch fluid.

I leave mine alone.

I didn't touch it even after a clutch replacement. The clutch replacement procedure in the BMW manual doesn't mention anything about it either.

Edited by Dann
It is highly advised brake fluid flush every two years or so. Was wondering if the clutch control

requires any maintenance/ top op/ bleeding? I just suppose not, since I see no bleeding valve.

Had the control unit removed from the handle bar as I changed them. (the bars!) When first ride,

I noticed there is air on line. After several pumps, it settled, or so it seams. Is there something

I should check, just to be sure? The bike is a 2008 RT

Thanks.

Afternoon temesvar

No real clutch fluid change interval. It is pretty well sealed from atmosphere & uses a mineral based fluid so moisture intake usually isn't a problem.

The guide I sort of use is going by clutch fluid color. If it turns dark or black then time to change & bleed.

As far as air in your system?-- As long as the air didn't migrate all the the way down into the slave cylinder then any air in the upper system will self bleed

as the clutch is used during riding.

Thanks, Dann, and also, thanks d.r. for the tip about the oil color.

Should all be good for now. Just wish the weather was more

bike friendly...A few more weeks and then :revit: