IGNORED

2003 1100s Replacing fuel lines

oilhead1100s1150rt

oilhead1100s1150rt

Good Evening,

Replacing my fuel lines, external to tank for now. My question is, on my r1100s, there are two shorter rubber lines that run under the battery tray, before they go to the throttle bodies. I see no way to get to these without removing way more then I think I need to. Any guidance from someone familiar with these two fullness appreciated.

Thans, Dave

Good Evening,

Replacing my fuel lines, external to tank for now. My question is, on my r1100s, there are two shorter rubber lines that run under the battery tray, before they go to the throttle bodies. I see no way to get to these without removing way more then I think I need to. Any guidance from someone familiar with these two fullness appreciated.

Thans, Dave

Morning Dave

Where do they go on the throttle bodies?

Are you referring in to the smaller diameter evap. system lines that go the small nipples on the bottom of the throttle bodies?

Or refining to the plastic fuel lines that go to the fuel pressure regulator then on to the fuel injectors?

oilhead1100s1150rt

Good Day DR,

Referring to the lines that go to the fuel pressure regulator then to the fuel injectors......

Good Day DR,

Referring to the lines that go to the fuel pressure regulator then to the fuel injectors......

Afternoon oilhead1100s1150rt

I really don't have an answer for you. The 1100 S bike is strange animal so I have only replaced those regulator to injector rubber hoses one time

that I can remember & on that bike it was mostly apart for trans removal.

About all I can suggest is leave them alone until you need to go that far in for some other reason, or just bite the bullet & remove parts until you have enough access.

You also need to use high pressure fuel injection hose but it doesn't have to be subsumable rated like inside the tank requires.

Just keep in mind that those are high pressure lines so need proper fitting high pressure fuel injection hose clamps (can't use standard worm gear hose clamps)

Oilhead,

Take DirtRider and Jim's advice on the clamps.

I put the screw type worm gear clamps inside the tank on my R11S, got about 10 miles from home when it QUIT.

Go ahead and order an Oetiker kit with a selection of sizes, I think mine came from Amazon or eBay. Was not that expensive. No problems since.

Do the brass quick disconnects while you're at it.

oilhead1100s1150rt

Yes Sir, brass QC's done. Always watch the clamps, will do. Right now am at the mercy of Module Masters and their rebuild schedule (ABS issue). Gas lines are just to keep me busy!!