IGNORED

Fall Torrey September 20-24.

From the event calendar.

SEPTEMBER 2018

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Western: Fall Torrey, September 28-30th. Torrey, UT. Join us at the Chuckwagon Lodge.

Eastern: FART (Fall Appalachian Riding Tour), ?? TBD.

Burt, I just spoke to Michelle at the Chuckwagon to confirm my room and she has it for the weekend of September 21st, not the 28th. Can anyone else confirm?

Bill_Walker

Could be some confusion going on. It's always been the last full weekend in September, which usually puts it before the end of the month. For 2018, that last weekend ends on the last day of the month. But if Michelle has already put everybody's reservations in for the prior weekend, we may have to go with that.

I actually put that on the calendar under the direction of FB who gave me the dates of the 28th-30th. Let us know if this is not correct so we can make the change on the calendar.

Michelle is going to call Fernando because right now, she has "all the BMW reservations for the weekend of the September4 21,22,23 and rooms are NOT available on the last weekend. FYI

Michelle is going to call Fernando because right now, she has "all the BMW reservations for the weekend of the September4 21,22,23 and rooms are NOT available on the last weekend. FYI

Just checked the email confirmation sent to me by Michelle from Sept 2017 when I made reservations for both spring and fall 2018 before leaving the last Torrey event. Yep, my reservation is for the weekend of 9/21-23. Since I've had those dates blocked out on my calendar since 2017 they're still fine with me. I'm good with the next weekend too, but if the hotel is already booked up for the next weekend that'll make switching everyone's reservations difficult. Did anybody make reservations for 9/28-30?

• 3 weeks later...

Michelle at the Chuckwagon just asked me to let everyone know that she has two cabins available for May 17th thru the 18th and that she is holding them for us. If she doesn't get a call for them this weekend from a BMWST member, she will let them go to the next customer who wants them.

It Fall Torrey is the 20- 23, we might be able to make it.

We would have to leave that Saturday though...

Decisions, decisions.

• 3 months later...

They have a couple rooms and a cabin still available at the Chuck Wagon.

Call (435) 425-3377 tell them you are with BMWST.com

There will be a few announcements and progress updates at the event.

Whip

There was a prior thread on the topic here.

I don't see the similarities other than the word Torrey.

But merged them anyway.

LOL

Edited by Whip

Whip

Still IN. Just need an oil change and new tires from the last excursion. :thumbsup: Hopefully the snow has cleared from Gooseberry Road to finally ride it.

P.S., shouldn't your title be upgraded from "member"? Just sayin'.

Edited by BrianT
Gonna try and make this one! Been too long.

To quote our old friend ...."Bring it!" Would love to see you, its been too long. I'll bring some 4 Roses Single Barrel if you do.

Edited by BrianT

We have way too many commitments this Sept. We are cancelling and our room above the bakery is available. Have reserved for next year. Michelle says Spring Torrey is cancelled and fall Torrey reservations may be more difficult in the future as they are experiencing a high percentage of cancellation rates, although it sounded more like spring Torrey was the culprit.

Whip

Still IN. Just need an oil change and new tires from the last excursion. :thumbsup: Hopefully the snow has cleared from Gooseberry Road to finally ride it.

P.S., shouldn't your title be upgraded from "member"? Just sayin'.

It's a red member, just remember that.

Gonna try and make this one! Been too long.

To quote our old friend ...."Bring it!" Would love to see you, its been too long. I'll bring some 4 Roses Single Barrel if you do.

Damn. Wish I could join you boys. I shall drown my sorrows with some Buffalo Trace Eagle Rare, recently procured during a factory visit. I will be on the RT in Hill Country that weekend, however. That's as far West as time will allow. Enjoy, and pour a drib into the earth for Gleno!

Well, I had to skip the UN so I just booked a room for Thursday through Sunday.

REALLY looking forward to see all the usual suspects there.

And if anyone wants to join me, I'll be leaving from the Bay Area on Monday and camping for few nights in the Sierras on the way to Torrey.

I'll be leaving from San Marcos (San Diego area) on Wednesday morning, probably spending a night in beautiful Mesquite (cough, cough), and arriving in Torrey Thursday afternoon. Anybody going my way?

Well, I had to skip the UN so I just booked a room for Thursday through Sunday.

REALLY looking forward to see all the usual suspects there.

And if anyone wants to join me, I'll be leaving from the Bay Area on Monday and camping for few nights in the Sierras on the way to Torrey.

Are you riding dirt or pavement?

I could go either way, I have both kind of tires for the GS already in the garage...

But I think I'll stay on pavement this time, unless someone twists my arm to join then to do some dirt riding.

I could go either way, I have both kind of tires for the GS already in the garage...

But I think I'll stay on pavement this time, unless someone twists my arm to join then to do some dirt riding.

I'll pm you.

Bullet and I are IN at the CW arriving Thursday the 20th and leaving Sunday the 23rd.

Yay! What are you going to be riding? Will you be able to get your suspension issue sorted?

Bullet and I are IN at the CW arriving Thursday the 20th and leaving Sunday the 23rd.

Yay! What are you going to be riding? Will you be able to get your suspension issue sorted?

I think Sharon will be on her SuperTenere. My RT is still fine, although well overdue for shocks, I'm doing reasonably well on it.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be leaving from San Marcos (San Diego area) on Wednesday morning, probably spending a night in beautiful Mesquite (cough, cough), and arriving in Torrey Thursday afternoon. Anybody going my way?

I can do that, Bill. I just called tho and the clerk said they are full, but for me to call again monday and talk to the GM.

Trying to put this trip together. My work life schedule is last minute...Just called about rooms. Yep, ALL full up. ðŸ™

If someone is cancelling, let me know. Thanks in advance.

MB>

Trying to put this trip together. My work life schedule is last minute...Just called about rooms. Yep, ALL full up. ðŸ™

If someone is cancelling, let me know. Thanks in advance.

MB>

As much as I HATE to request this....please PM me NOW.

A friend and I are planning to be there. I checked late today (Wednesday 9/5) and all rooms have been filled from the waiting list. If anyone knows of anything else, please let me know. Looks like Bicknell is the closest place with an opening.

Thx

Thanks to Randy ( beemerboy )!! So much appreciated.

I better get the bike ready.

MB>

Yep. Can't make it this year.....maybe next....

crying_baby-S.jpg

A friend and I are planning to be there. I checked late today (Wednesday 9/5) and all rooms have been filled from the waiting list. If anyone knows of anything else, please let me know. Looks like Bicknell is the closest place with an opening.

Thx

I have two cabins reserved.

I only need one.

I will be canceling the second one today.

I will ask Michelle to hold it for a while.

Whip

Thx

Be sure Michelle has you contact info. There will be cancellations. There always is.

Dayum, am I glad I decided to read this thread. I got an email from Michelle, and without really reading it, I got back to her that I'd be there. (My Torrey reservations are always identical, and Michelle always gives me the same room)

I still don't understand what happened, but yes, I was planning on arriving on the 27th. :dopeslap:

I'll see you all the TWENTIETH!

Late notice, but I have to give up my room and bow out again.....Anyone need a room, call Michelle before 2P MDT (when she goes home).. Y'all have fun- some day I'm actually gonna make it.

and, dont call me Phil......... :dopeslap:

Anybody have info about road closures heading toward Torrey? I'm headed south from SLC and was planning to go over to Canyonlands first, but understand Hwys 6 and 89 are closed SE of SLC for wildfires. UDOT LINK

6 may be open.

89 may or may not have opened. Could be a few more days at least. Use 132 if you want to go that way. 89 is only closed north of Fairview.

dc

Edited by David13