IGNORED

Reasonable Parts Shipping

Oldironken

Recently i bought a used seat out of the classifieds here on the forum. When the seller and i communicated about shipping he told me that through the UPS store the cost was going to be $68 to get it from Arizona to Connecticut going UPS ground.

I did some checking with some bicycle friends at work and came up a solution that seemed to work out great for both me and the seller.

Bikeflights.com

is an outfit that was started to help bicyclists move their devices and parts across the country for the lowest cost possible

So i created an account, gave them my shipping information in terms of box size ( 23 x 17 x 12 ) and weight (13 lbs), insured it for $300, chose FedEx 5 day for the total price of $31.70

I paid, they e-mailed me a receipt and a shipping label as a PDF and tracking information

I forwarded the shipping label to the seller who taped it to the box and dropped it off at a local FedEx shipping site.

My stuff is on the way...

( i am not affiliated with them just a new happy customer )

Using any shipping store is costly as they are a retail business.

Taking direct to Fed Ex or a UPS hub is inconvenient but cheaper .

Just asking, regarding the question on Bikeflights , I ship motorcycle parts as I have a small internet business but they ask about bicycle involvement.

<<<" I am a bicycle retailer, event organizer, destination manager, team director or manufacturer.">>>>

I am none of those and wonder how many of us are.

I will add the going to the United States Post Office will often net the least cost and quickest delivery time of many size packages. I run my business with Stamps.com which is the wholesale end of the USPS. I have shipped seats to California for less than half the UPS cost and 2 days quicker. Worth checking into.....

Using any shipping store is costly as they are a retail business.

Taking direct to Fed Ex or a UPS hub is inconvenient but cheaper .

Just asking, regarding the question on Bikeflights , I ship motorcycle parts as I have a small internet business but they ask about bicycle involvement.

<<<" I am a bicycle retailer, event organizer, destination manager, team director or manufacturer.">>>>

I am none of those and wonder how many of us are.

Yea, kind of what I figured.

Like using the "gift" option on PayPal.

No thanks.

I will add the going to the United States Post Office will often net the least cost and quickest delivery time of many size packages. I run my business with Stamps.com which is the wholesale end of the USPS. I have shipped seats to California for less than half the UPS cost and 2 days quicker. Worth checking into.....

I occasionally ship things I make in my woodshop. I had previously checked out Stamps.com. But I don't consistently ship enough to make it worth while. I do use USPS at the local PO.

Cheaper than Fedex or UPS.