IGNORED

2018 Weaverville RideOut (NorCal) - May 18-20

(Formerly known as "Dead Center in the Middle of Nowhere.") but now known as the Weaverville Rideout - Is this year 4? Last year was my first so maybe someone can correct me.

With some of the best riding in Northern CA, from the coast to Trinity Lakes, you won't want to miss our gathering the weekend of May 18-20, 2018. We will be returning to the quaint little Red Hill Motel in Weaverville, a great spot for a gathering like this. Rooms rates are very reasonable, from a simple single to a cabin that sleeps four. Some have kitchenettes and covered parking. Call our great host, Patty Holder, at (530) 623-4331 and make your reservations now. (This is a small motel, so don't wait to make your reservations.) As of 4/1 she's all open.

Bill_Walker

In! I think this might be year 4. This one would be my third, and as I recall, I missed the first one.

Edited by Bill_Walker

Looking forward to this ride, great roads, people and somewhat spotty food. Well two out of three is wonderful odds

IN

Edited by Tank
Bill_Walker
Looking forward to this ride, great roads, people and somewhat spotty food. Well two out of three is wonderful odds

IN

Whaddya mean? The food is GREAT! When you finally get some, that is. I'm thinking maybe we should book a table a week or two ahead this year, so they can plan for us.

CoarsegoldKid

We are coming but will not, I repeat, will not eat at the place that could not serve Juanita and I last year.

We are coming but will not, I repeat, will not eat at the place that could not serve Juanita and I last year.

Yeah what restaurant was that? We'll find another place that'll treat you right :)

We've always had good luck at the Chinese place. Besides, Bill likes it. With 20 you get egg roll.

In. Roads are open (👌) and lakes are full.

Where's that Temecula dude and the Havasu kid?

MB>

Bill_Walker
Where's that Temecula dude and the Havasu kid?

MB>

I think Gradude is mostly up in Washington these days.

Bill_Walker
Bill Walker, what goes up can come down

True. But now he's a Camano Island dude, not a Temecula dude.

My GF (CanAm Spyder) and I are a strong MAYBE... :)

Is this the thread to say, we're in!?!?

Edited by NickInSac
Bill_Walker
My GF (CanAm Spyder) and I are a strong MAYBE... :)

Is this the thread to say, we're in!?!?

A bunch of us from south of Weaverville are booked at the Grey Whale Inn in Fort Bragg for Thursday night. Feel free to join us!

TheDigginDutchman

Hello every one in and booked I might be bringing two of my dirt biker buddys Ed and Scott they had a Great time at DV last year.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here! Bill is correct in that we spend half the year in the PNW. I love this ride and the country but I will be on a cruise during this week. Bummer I know. I'll be at NMS this weekend and of course the Un in July.

Dennis Andress

I think I'm in. There's a couple of things to take care of, but it can happen. Any ideas for a place to stay?

I think I'm in. There's a couple of things to take care of, but it can happen. Any ideas for a place to stay?

She said I have 2 double beds, so if you need a place let me know.

Bullett and I are IN.

One room left as of this afternoon. It's the big house. Sleeps four with a kitchen, etc.

Bill_Walker
I'm not going to make it after all.

Bummer! It would have been nice to see you again!

Kickstand up at noon 5/17 from SJ... Des-to Ft Bragg..

End around the traffic and up through wineville!

See some of you Thurs night.

MB>

Between this thread and the one in "ride report" "check-in"; the total of what I read about the weekend is that some folks enjoyed some whisky.

Is there a 3rd place I should be looking...?

Edited by Redman

Whiskey was indeed present. Canyons were carved at varying paces and most all kinds of weather enjoyed. Hilarious yarns were spun and old friends spoken of fondly. It was agreed that it may have been the biggest turnout in memory. Rocks were beaten up by Ducati rims. Chinese food was eaten repeatedly ‘cause that's all that's still open when the downtown meander builds up steam. And it's suprisingly good. It was firmly established that not much is open on Sunday. And one awesome cat jumped from lap to lap whether invited or not. And I wish I was back there sippin' another with y'all.

i-C4n4PZt-X2.jpg

Bill_Walker
Between this thread and the one in "ride report" "check-in"; the total of what I read about the weekend is that some folks enjoyed some whisky.

Is there a 3rd place I should be looking...?

Nope. But be patient. Maybe somebody will post a real ride tale when they get around to it. In the meantime, scroll back up and look at the link to stubble!'s photos from last year.

TheDigginDutchman

Ed and I made it to Lancaster at 530 a little cool on the 50 and the 89 south of LakeTahoe 41 degrees and raining.It was a great 6 days of riding 1987 miles on the way home we did the Lost Coast spectacular scenery on a really long crappy road.A huge thank you to Mikko for letting bent wheel Larry continue the ride on your bike and hauling his home!

Thank you again to all who came and looking forward the the next one.I hope Long John posts some of his pictures he should have some nice ones.

Cornelis