IGNORED

Sena 20s battery

nick1234

I purchased my Sena 20s Feb of 2016. The battery life has deteriorated to the point that it lasts about 1 - 2 hours. I contacted Sena and they gave me some things to try, but, didn't do much good. I told Sena that I tried there suggestions and no improvement on the battery life. I was told by Sena, that the battery is not replaceable, and that Sena does not do repairs. I did see a video on youtube from a gentleman replacing the battery. So, I know it can be done. The trick is to find the proper replacement battery.

Wow, that sucks. I still have my original Sena SMH10 and I get 6-8 hours out of it. The thing gets daily use as I commute 1 hour each way. I did order this battery as a replacement once the original dies down. Dunno if it will work in the 20s.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I think there is a thread on advrider.com where someone has done that. There may be more detail there.

Wow, that is surprising. I called them to let them know that my 2 year old 20S was randomly shutting itself off and they sent me out a brand new unit at no charge to me.

• 10 months later...

I’m working with Sena right now on the SECOND return due to crappy battery.  My unit won’t charge, turn on, reset...  nothing.  It’s a brick.  I hope they see their way to replacing this again.

curt

One I purchased in 2015 did a similar thing last year.  Following some instructions posted on YouTube by a Goldwing rider, I took mine apart and shoehorned in a higher quality 800mah vs 500 from Sena. Works great, holds a charge forever it seems. Think the battery cost about $15 on Amazon. 

Danny caddyshack Noonan
16 minutes ago, Richard_D said:

Can you post a link to the battery  ?

I did mine a couple months ago.  I couldn't find any of the batteries that pop up on youtube channels or posts.  Had to go through five or six different ones to finally find one that came close to a fit and then use the old connector (not difficult).  Be advised though, the wires going to the LED on the cover are solid core.  They are smaller than 28ga and WILL break at the solder joint with too many attempts.  No, I don't know which one finally fit. 

The numbers on the battery reflect length, width and thickness.  I think I finally had to go down in capacity to get one that fit.  I didn't care that much since this is now the wife's headset and she doesn't do long days with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t believe Sena when they tell you that you can’t replace the battery. Total BS! You can find the battery on eBay and you can replace it. No big deal. They just want you to buy another unit. They told me it was a sealed unit while I was on the phone with them and you can’t take it apart when it was in front of me in two pieces. Unbelievable shoddy customer services.

GT 

If you're already out of warranty than it doesn't really matter much. I'd take it apart too and replace the  'irreplaceable' battery...

• Like 1