IGNORED

The "New" Bug Bites

Kirbo40

Haven't been doing much long distance riding since my wife Linda stopped riding. Still have her bike - seen in background. Haven't been posting much, but I still visit the board now and then. My '07 RT was getting long in the tooth so just saw this bike at the dealer where I take my bike a couple of weeks ago. Good enough deal I could justify buying it. 2017 r1200RT pretty loaded:

2017 RT

Now to start the farkling - got Givi topbox ordered. Haven't decided between Sena or Scala yet. The '07 I had an Auotocom setup with XM and FRS radio. Guess BT is the new comm system. Had Motolights on the '07 and looking for

something similar that does not mount on the brake caliper bolts. Open to ya'll's suggestions.

Kirbo

Edited by Kirbo40

Wow, really shows the blue in that pic! :thumbsup: Be careful with the stand blocks, looks like she is sitting close to the balance point. :eek:

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Edit...Oh yeah, don't let your wife try it...unless you like red... :rofl:

41264371232_56602b4efd_h.jpg

Pat

Edited by TEWKS

She's actually "Carbon Black Metallic". May not need the wood blocks on this one - the "07 did as she seemed to lean way over. They also mark my parking spot.On the red one - that is just to give more room. I've had 2

blue RT's - '98 and the '07. Joke between me and my wife has been I couldn't get a new one 'til it comes in BLUE! So yeah I could have ordered an'18 in blue , but that would have been almost $4k more and this one

really looks blue in certain lighting. Ordered the Cardo Packtalk last night also. So still looking at lights. Leaning towards these:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-drivers/led-light-pod-2-round-led-off-road-work-light-7w-700-lumens/1386/#tab/Overview Not sure how bright 700 lumens is - probably depends on color of light.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Those look like the mondomoto (out of business) MM10 lamps I have slaved to the high beam on my '12. The work very well for fill-in lighting out to maybe 200 feet-ish. Get flashed from oncoming sometimes when the freeway median is less than 300 feet wide.. No cut-off, not for low beam use.

Went with the Denali DM 2.0 with intensity controller and 3 way S/W. Gonna mount on the BMW mounting brackets if I got all the right parts ordered.

Bill_Walker

The '15 came in San Marino Blue (which mine is).

35145606926_f5f04fe2b6_z.jpg

My '04 was Biarritz Blue. Yay, blue!

8176868437_6568f57a05_z.jpg

Clearwater Darlas (not yet installed when the above photo of my '15 was taken) come with a nice fork clamp mount, but they are kind of expensive.

I like that San Merino.That '04 is what my wife was riding when we met. Same color. I was on a '98 Blue RT when we met. Darla's were kinda pricey- got the Denali's and the BMW mount for about 75% of the Darlas.

Have all kinds of stuff coming this week. This will be the 4th RT I've added all the goodies to.