IGNORED

Tire pressure monitor prob

Andrew Harmsworth

Andrew Harmsworth

Hi my tpm warning came on this week indicating low pressure it showed about 1.8.

It did not seem to drop any more in the 15 or so mins to get home. I was thinking slow puncher but could not find a nail etc.

Pumped the tire up to about 2 and left it overnight. On riding out the next morning I get the tpm come up agian this time 1.6 so back home to check. On attaching the compresser again the tire showed the same pressure as the night before 2 bar. Still pumped it up to 2.5 and now the light has gone out but the bike seems to read about .5 bar below the actual pressure. Tire has not lost any more pressure for the rest of the week.

Any idea's or probs in this area others are aware of? Thanks in advance Andrew

LittleBriar

Don't know how old your bike is but the battery might be going. Each sensor has an internal battery that will run down eventually.

It about the ambient temperature, using a tire gauge may be high or low compared to the bike read out. The base line is 68 degree Fahrenheit, the bike display adjust to the base line. My RT manual shows 2.5 bar front, 2.9 bar rear, if it's cold outside and you only put in 2 bar then it might indicate low pressure.

Jay