IGNORED

My New R1100RT

wqbusch

I bought this bike last fall only to find to the clutch was bad. Got it fixed a month ago and got to ride it the last three days. I had a 82 r100rs and 84 r100s years ago. Been riding harleys the last 20 years but always loved my beemers. I had been looking for an R1100RT for a few years finally found and bought my 98. I have ridden mostly Harley dressers and I have to tell you after the last 3 days that Harley is not going to see much action this year. With the harley and all its chrome and sound it has curb appeal. The beemer has suspension breaks handling and fun factor. Can't wait to put miles upon miles on this bike, Been riding on the street since 1982 have owned over 40 motorcycles from all over the world. This bike is a keeper for sure. So much fun.

fourteenfour

does need a photo or two to do it justice. my first BMW was a 96 R1100RT. I think BMW called the color Siena somethingsomething .. it was kind of orange

does need a photo or two to do it justice.

How about a stand-in photo... :grin: Congrats on the new ride! :thumbsup:

00A0A_O7iJtsM0ej_600x450.jpg

one year off and probably the wrong color but gots to work with what they give me :read::grin:

Pat

does need a photo or two to do it justice. my first BMW was a 96 R1100RT. I think BMW called the color Siena somethingsomething .. it was kind of orange

Yes, Sienna Red. It was my favorite BMW color. My 96 RT was a great bike.

Congrats on the new bike Walt.

Welcome and congrats on getting back onto a BMW. For sure every manufacturer has an approach and with HD and BMW their design visions are very different.

I used to wonder why so many riders own and ride these two brands give such disparity in personalities. IMO the common thread is the two companies make machines very unique in character. The good news is that both companies are not resting on their laurels and are putting out new biles that improve on the offering to meet that vision.

So now when you go to the garage you can choose between the potato potato rumble of your Hawg, or the the singer searly sewing machine precision of your Boxer. A bike for each mood!

That could be a photo of my last bike, 1999 1100RT Tundra Green. It was by far the best looking of the motorcycles I have owned. I am happy to be on a naked bike now, but that RT was a great bike.

does need a photo or two to do it justice.

How about a stand-in photo... :grin: Congrats on the new ride! :thumbsup:

00A0A_O7iJtsM0ej_600x450.jpg

one year off and probably the wrong color but gots to work with what they give me :read::grin:

Pat

Be sure you keep the clutch free play adjusted to keep your new clutch alive .

Also these motors like to rev more than your airheads and your HD.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I have ridden mostly Harley dressers and I have to tell you after the last 3 days that Harley is not going to see much action this year. With the harley and all its chrome and sound it has curb appeal. The beemer has suspension breaks handling and fun factor. Can't wait to put miles upon miles on this bike, Been riding on the street since 1982 have owned over 40 motorcycles from all over the world. This bike is a keeper for sure. So much fun.

Me and my RT

Me and my RT

What's good enough for other folks ain't good enough for

Me and my RT...

• 2 weeks later...
OldBMWMaster

I found the contact information and instructions for sending your old unit for a rebuild;

Please mail to me US Postal Service.

Do not use Fed-Ex or UPS please

Please don't value at over $30 or I may be assessed duties and taxes on this end

Turnaround is typically 1-2 days.

Units are rewired with Aircraft Teflon Shielded Cable and tested on a rotating tester, switching is monitored with a scope

for correct function.

Link to test setup:

http://s583.photobucket.com/user/GSAddict/library/Hall%20Sensor%201150/Hall%20Sensor%20Tester

Cost is $110 USD return postage included, insured for the transaction value

My Paypal is arbcon@sunshinecoast.ca

Please select "Recipient Gets USD” option

Mail to:

Reto Camenisch

5236 Radcliffe Rd.

Sechelt, B.C.

v0n3a2

604 885-4866

Tag contents as: Motorcycle electrical for repair & return

John in VA
20180422_110124.jpg

Here she is.

A beauty!

I had a 2000 RT in Graphite - my favorite RT ever.