IGNORED

BMW LED light removal causes light out warning

barc

So, I removed the BMW LED driving lights from my LC RT...now I've got a warning yellow triangle symbol and a front lightout symbol on the dash.. Temporarily plugged the lights back in and no warnings. Looks like they are somehow programed into the bike. Anyone know how to clear the warnings? Can a GS911 do this?

thanks

dirtrider
So, I removed the BMW LED driving lights from my LC RT...now I've got a warning yellow triangle symbol and a front lightout symbol on the dash.. Temporarily plugged the lights back in and no warnings. Looks like they are somehow programed into the bike. Anyone know how to clear the warnings? Can a GS911 do this?

thanks

Afternoon barc

The BMW LED lights need to be enabled on the bike by a BMW dealer at installation so I would imagine the dealer would have to disable the programming also.

Do you intend to leave them off the bike?

You might be able to measure the resistance of each removed light then simply stick a close matching resistance resistor across the light connector on each side to keep the warning light off.

Thanks for the reply. I was planning on moving them to another bike. I guess that means they won't work on the new one. I'm hoping that a GS-911 might be able to reset the warning...and enable the new bike as well. Unfortunately, there isn't a nearby dealer. Nearest is probably at least 3 hours away. I'll consider that resister idea.

TestPilot

Measuring resistance probably won't work. LEDs are polarity sensitive and have very little resistance in the forward direction and don't conduct in the reverse direction.

dirtrider
Measuring resistance probably won't work. LEDs are polarity sensitive and have very little resistance in the forward direction and don't conduct in the reverse direction.

Afternoon TestPilot

The light out monitoring will light the dash telltale even if the lights are in the off position so that small resistance must be what the system is monitoring. But you are correct in that they are polarity sensitive so must be measured for resistance in both directions.