IGNORED

Asking help from DC Denizens (Washington, DC)

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

We're taking our grand kids to DC in late June. Driving from LInden, NJ we'd like to overnight for two nights near DC.

The plan is to arrive in DC Sunday afternoon.

Tour the Capital monuments & Air/Space Museum Monday

Drive to Williamsburg on Tuesday.

In DC area, would appreciate recommendation for area where there's likely to be a hotel with an indoor pool for the kiddos and near a Metro station to avoid driving from hotel to Capital.

Since we're headed south on Tuesday morning, I'm thinking an area south of DC proper makes sense but not at all familiar with the area.

TIA

marcopolo

Why not check out Alexandria, VA. It's just across the Potomac River from D.C., and part of the city is a tad south of D.C. Both the Yellow and Blue Metro lines run from Alexandria to D.C. That said, I'm not sure whether you'll find a place wth a pool, but lots of people visiting D.C. stay in Alexandria to do exactly what you're trying to do.

Edited by marcopolo
lawnchairboy

John: there is a residence inn in Arlington which is a couple of blocks from the Courthouse Metro stop which might meet your needs. Do yourself a favor and come east to the Virginia outer peninsula when you head down to Williamsburg... keep you off I-95, but it is the long way around the barn.

Edited by lawnchairboy

Lots of options, I stay at the Doubletree in Crystal CIty quite often. It has an indoor pool and is a short walk to the metro. The also have a shuttle that will drop you off if the weather is bad.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Get an early start for your sightseeing. Air and Space takes some time. Enjoy!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Have stayed at the Courtyard Arlington-Rosslyn a couple of times, but no pool there. However, there's a Holiday Inn that's even closer to Rosslyn station, just a couple of blocks away - and they do have a pool.

If your grandkids like planes (and I'm guessing they do, since you're taking them to the A&S Museum), take them to Gravelly Point on your way south out of town. This is just off the end of the runway for Reagan Airport,

John in VA
Have stayed at the Courtyard Arlington-Rosslyn a couple of times, but no pool there. However, there's a Holiday Inn that's even closer to Rosslyn station, just a couple of blocks away - and they do have a pool.

If your grandkids like planes (and I'm guessing they do, since you're taking them to the A&S Museum), take them to Gravelly Point on your way south out of town. This is just off the end of the runway for Reagan Airport,

Holiday Inn Rosslyn is very convenient to DC by Metro. Try an evening walk across Key Bridge to view the riverfront and stroll Georgetown.

Gravelly Point is the landing path when winds are from the south. When winds are from the north it becomes the takeoff path at the end of the runway -- which is even more entertaining!