IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART), Dillard, GA. Sept 27 - 30.

Indy Dave

:eek:

Ok, we're iN!

Thursday afternoonishingly arrival.

:Cool:

1st roundel is on me...

Edited by tallman

Ok, we're iN!

1st roundel is on me...

EXCELLENT!!! We ALL value our avuncular relationship with you and look forward to the time together as much as we do the riding.

Tim - I too want you to know just how much you and Beth have been a consistently positive part of the past almost 15+ year experience I have had with BMWST.com and it's board members.

Your positive attitude, willingness to share your knowledge, and experiences, not only with motorcycling, but on a wide range of issues, has always brought a smile on my face and a feeling of gratitude for having been able to benefit from your life's experiences.

I will be thinking only positive thoughts and hope to share some good times with you and Beth in the future! :thumbsup:

Well said Bob.

Tim has been so generous to all of us. I called him "The voice of reason" once at a meal. Don't know why but Beth seemed to raise her eyebrows. :grin:

Looking forward to seeing everyone at FART.

Ok, we're iN!

1st roundel is on me...

Fantastic! :clap: Okay any of you BMWST members out there that are on the fence as to attending FART '18, this is another and important reason to attend this one!

Tell your significant other, employer, or whoever you need to, that this is a rare and most important event to attend! Just make any excuse you need to but be there!

If you are truly a motorcycling enthusiast and have not had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Tim and Beth, you absolutely need to attend. :thumbsup:

Ok, we're iN!

1st roundel is on me...

If you are truly a motorcycling enthusiast and have not had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Tim :thumbsup:

Now,do you mean face to face? :grin:

34153685-back-view-of-businessman-standing-on-the-stepladder-and-looking-forward-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Pat

Ok, we're iN!

1st roundel is on me...

If you are truly a motorcycling enthusiast and have not had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Tim :thumbsup:

Now,do you mean face to face? :grin:

34153685-back-view-of-businessman-standing-on-the-stepladder-and-looking-forward-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Pat

You're going to need a taller ladder!!

bigger%20boat.jpg

Lone_RT_rider

Well, again..... the best laid plans. :( Grrrrrrr! :facepalm:

I've had something come up at work that requires I stay in Wisconsin for this FART. This is absolutely killing me. Mitch and I will take a consolation prize by riding some of the "Dances with Cows" roads from that Un-rally on the weekend that y'all are in Dillard. I'll be canceling my reservation at the hotel today.

As for the Whiskey bootleggers that were going to help me out, I will just catch it next time. No need to divert for me.

Y'all have fun. :(

Shawn

Shawn - Bummer Dude! Given your Super Human effort to make it through Snow, Sleet, Ice and who knows what else to get to START last Spring, I half expected that you'd arranged to move you entire facility to Dillard for a week. And then move them all back again!

Enjoy your ride with Mitch, and we'll raise a glass of swill and utter some flowery sounding words too!

Edited by Indy Dave

Administrivia!

Just a friendly Twist of the Wrist Reminder, our room block hold gets released on Aug 26th - 8 days from today! Clear your calendar and come join us for a great weekend of riding! Come Winter, you'll be glad you did!

2018%20FART%20Dillard%20attending%20Aug%2018rev.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave

Teaser and Reminder:

Our room block hold expires on the 26th! If you're on the fence, I encourage you to reserve your room now, you still can cancel with no penalty within 2 weeks of your arrival. If your plans change after the 2 week cancellation deadline, you can still transfer your room to someone else, and your reservation becomes theirs and there's no penalty for anyone! :read: How cool is that? :thumbsup:

Kinsley is putting the final touches on routes :Yes: Can I just state the obvious here - one of the great things about START & FART is all of the behind the scenes routing work that goes on so you and I can just show up and ride :revit:. We'll also be announcing our Friday night meal location and a Thursday night activity and we have added to the prize list this year.

So, clear you calendar and come join us! No one wants to go all Winter without FARTing :ohboy:

Edited by Indy Dave

I am officially out for the FART for this year. Does anyone need a room before I just cancel and free it up for the masses? If anyone wants it, PM me

I am officially out for the FART for this year. Does anyone need a room before I just cancel and free it up for the masses? If anyone wants it, PM me

Sorry to hear, Mike, but sounds like you'll be getting in some riding in, and that the main thing! I look forward to seeing you in the Spring. Enjoy your trip. :)

In for Thursday afternoon arrival, coming from Torrey. I was informed it is a 48 hour cancellation policy.

Great Ken, glad you can swing on by! Who are we to argue with the reservation agent?! :thumbsup:

2018%20FART%20Dillard%20attending%20Aug%2024.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave

So sorry I'll be missing this gathering! New job has me traveling (a LOT) and I'll be wrapping up a week away from home at this time.

Hope everyone has a fantastic time FARTing... and I'll hope to catch up with you again in the Spring! :wave:

(And by the way... for those of you who don't know... the Roadrunner got new Wilber shocks this week so I might be a bit more of a hoon than usual! :grin: )

So sorry I'll be missing this gathering! New job has me traveling (a LOT) and I'll be wrapping up a week away from home at this time.

Hope everyone has a fantastic time FARTing... and I'll hope to catch up with you again in the Spring! :wave:

(And by the way... for those of you who don't know... the Roadrunner got new Wilber shocks this week so I might be a bit more of a hoon than usual! :grin: )

Will miss you at FART but will look forward to chasing you in the spring!

Christine and I are dipping our toes into the RV world that same weekend...practicing for retirement :)

We still may try to swing down for the dinner so I'll watch the thread.

If any of the routes swing by Swannanoa outside of Asheville, stop by and say hello.

Mama Gertie's Hideaway

:eat:**FART MEAL INFO! ** :eat:

Please Join Kinsley :bike: and Indy Dave :ohboy: for our FART Group Dinner:

When: FRIDAY Sept 28 at 6:30pm

Where: Cupboard Cafe & Gifts 7388 US-441, Dillard, GA 30537 Map Link

Menu/Cost: Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread, beverage, tax & gratuity --- $14.99 per person.

Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes OR green beans, salad bar, bread, beverage, tax & gratuity -- $17.49 per person.

Dessert: You can also add Peach Cobbler for $2 (plus Tax and Gratuity)

Beverage is iced Tea or soda.

Christine and I are dipping our toes into the RV world that same weekend...practicing for retirement :)

If any of the routes swing by Swannanoa outside of Asheville, stop by and say hello.

Mama Gertie's Hideaway

Please do join us, we'd love to see you and Christine!! :clap:

Mama Gertie's Hideaway

Mama Gertie's looks very cool. Hope to stop by...

Dave, are reservations or prepay needed for dinner?

TIA

Great question John! There IS NO prepay!! :thumbsup:

We're fortunate that we have a location that doesn't require a deposit for our group, despite the fact that they are reserving a room for us and preparing a lot of food. In order for our group to come and go quickly and not have a large disparity between the first table served and the last table served (like we had in Maggie last time), we've selected a standard meal - with a couple of options. We feel this is the best of both worlds, and keeps Kinsley and me out of the middleman business. Simple is better!

Perhaps naively, we expect EVERYONE to come to the meal, and that's what we share with the restaurant - to expect our entire group to be at the meal. So that's how the food prep and prices are set. If for some reason there is a low dinner turn out, the restaurant is going to get burned and I doubt we would be welcomed back in the future. Wanting to avoid those situations . . .

PLEASE RESERVE YOU DINNER SPOT(S) BY RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD!

ADDED: Everyone will be responsible for paying for their own check(s) at the restaurant.

Indy Dave

6th gear

two IN for dinner!

Edited by Indy Dave

PLEASE RESERVE YOU DINNER SPOT(S) BY RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD!

Indy Dave

6th gear

two IN for dinner!

IN! for dinner.

Reserved for Dinner:

Kinsley x 2

Bernie

Terryofperry

Marty

Marcopolo

6th gear

EricInIndy

John Ranalletta x 2

Indy Dave

"ADDED: Everyone will be responsible for paying for their own check(s) at the restaurant."

And here I was wanting to buy a nice guy a meal...

:wave:

Should be 2 for supper.

:lurk:

"ADDED: Everyone will be responsible for paying for their own check(s) at the restaurant."

And here I was wanting to buy a nice guy a meal...

:wave:

:

In this group?!? :dontknow: I'm not sure anyone fits your description! :read::stir::rofl:

Reservations Made For Friday Group Dinner:

Kinsley x 2

Bernie

Terryofperry

Marty

Marcopolo

6th gear

EricInIndy

John Ranalletta x 2

Indy Dave

SavannahCapt

DaveCinNO

Burt

Tallman x 2

greiffster

narcosis

RightSpin

Foot

Steve - Glad you're keeping your 'ART attendance streak alive!

2018%20FART%20Dillard%20attending%20Aug%2030%20rev.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
Put me down for two dinners Dave

Thanks for all your work partner :)

"2" dinners? Is one for me? If not then Dave please put me down as a yes for the dinner. :thumbsup:

Put me down for two dinners Dave

Thanks for all your work partner :)

"2" dinners? Is one for me? If not then Dave please put me down as a yes for the dinner. :thumbsup:

Bob, you're not as pretty as my date...I mean if you wore a wig...and it would help if my vision was going...and... :)

Hello Everyone,

Please find the GPX and GDB files of the routes for FART 2018 Dillard.

As always, recalculate all routes in your software and make sure the mileage remains very close to the original distance.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Dillard.