IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART), Dillard, GA. Sept 27 - 30.

Indy Dave

We'll have some kind of Vodka Swill on hand ...

I'm going to bring some homemade stuff off my newly finished still. I need taste testers...if you're brave :stir:.

I have still, will travel . . . . .

jug.jpg

If the tubing was connected to the correct spot on the seat, you wouldn't have to stop so often.

:whistle:

I guess I could have one on each side- one for input and the other side for output.

But... Knowing me, I'd get the tubes reversed. :ohboy::ohboy:.

BRP report: My wife and I drove to Greensboro for the North Carolina Folk Festival in Greensboro this weekend, taking the BRP from Balsam Gap to Asheville and back. Coarse, but new and smooth asphalt from Balsam Gap (milepost 443) to ~milepost 420, and most of the way from Pisgah Inn to Asheville. No gravel or marbles. Signs, but no actual road construction through this entire section.

Looking forward to good news tomorrow when I visit the surgeon who replaced my hip. I'm hoping he will release me to ride. Need to get some seat time in before FART.

Looking forward to good news tomorrow when I visit the surgeon who replaced my hip. I'm hoping he will release me to ride. Need to get some seat time in before FART.

I am hoping for the best, Bud. It would be great to see you again and maybe ride with you again.

Wishing for the best, Bud! :beer: Most of the Ortho surgeons don't look favorably on riding, so you may have to twist his arm.

Ron - Done! :thumbsup:

Bud, we both were on 4 wheels last time, although you did have the haunted R bike on a trailer, so one way or another, come on down.

Wishing for the best, Bud! :beer: Most of the Ortho surgeons don't look favorably on riding, so you may have to twist his arm.

Ron - Done! :thumbsup:

I hope that at the very least he would approve riding the scoot since it doesn't require swinging a leg over. :Yes:

Maybe I should have kept the hack?

With the scoot and the R bike in the shed, I'm not sure that Nancy will smile if I tell here I'm buying something else. :grin:

Bud, we both were on 4 wheels last time, although you did have the haunted R bike on a trailer, so one way or another, come on down.

Yes, the Blairsville witch popped the internal fuel line from the pump in my tank. In spite of the 1,000's of unicorn stickers applied to the bike to try to reverse the spell, it didn't work. I only rode 43 miles the entire time.

We will see what happens this time.

Yes, the Blairsville witch popped the internal fuel line from the pump in my tank. In spite of the 1,000's of unicorn stickers applied to the bike to try to reverse the spell, it didn't work. I only rode 43 miles the entire time.

We will see what happens this time.

I walked counter-clockwise around the bike, several times, while drinking bourbon and smoking a cigar. That didn't work either. :dontknow:

Just a quick update- Todd, Michelle, and I are coming in Thursday evening (looking forward to the social and the bourbon tasting). Bob and Corey will be arriving Friday. All 5 of us should make the dinner. Mike, let's do our Bourbon Swap... I have your Wellers ready to go! Thinking I'll bring some Gentry, or some Willet Pot Still Reserve. Cheers!

May have been negated by the 3 broken beer bottle necks when you said "hold my beer, I can open those on the trailer" :rofl:

The church key was clear across the parking lot. :beer:

Just a quick update- Todd, Michelle, and I are coming in Thursday evening (looking forward to the social and the bourbon tasting). Bob and Corey will be arriving Friday. All 5 of us should make the dinner. Mike, let's do our Bourbon Swap... I have your Wellers ready to go! Thinking I'll bring some Gentry, or some Willet Pot Still Reserve. Cheers!

:thumbsup:

May have been negated by the 3 broken beer bottle necks when you said "hold my beer, I can open those on the trailer" :rofl:

The church key was clear across the parking lot. :beer:

No doubt you boys sinners instigated the local church into action Saturday night when they left the flyers on our bikes. :stir:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Met with my hip surgeon today. I was really excited when he said I was doing "Great" after showing him how I could walk. Now we are talking.

Then I asked him about riding. He lowered his head and shook it from side to side.

I said just tell me and I will follow your recommendation.

He said "One More Month" :dontknow:

Come on Doc, you can do better than that.

Nope

Since I promised Nancy I wouldn't ride till cleared by him, I'm out for FART.

Maybe next spring??????? Who knows?????

Met with my hip surgeon today. I was really excited when he said I was doing "Great" after showing him how I could walk. Now we are talking.

Then I asked him about riding. He lowered his head and shook it from side to side.

Nope

And I thought you were a Rebel :stir:

Bud - I think many of us that plan on attending FART ‘18 are as disappointed as you are that you will not be joining us this year! :(

Edited by Endobobdds

Nope

And I thought you were a Rebel :stir:

Nah, just an Old Phart Yankee from the Mid-wurst! :wave:

Now Bud, I've heard stories about the Blairsville Witch and her Spell Casting skills. :old: I figured it was all a bunch of Bourbon Drinkers just Tellin' Tall Tails, but what with your bike and hip issues, I think she may have cast a potent spell on ya! We haven't seen you back since Blairsville, so that reinforces the narrative.

I think the only way to break the spell is to FART. :read::wave:

Edited by Indy Dave

To Ken and Indy Dave, let's add nephew Jon to the list as a novice FARTer. Arriving late Thursday evening and he will be joining the group for dinner on Friday. He is Frank's (knarf911) son and will be riding a newly acquired KTM 690. Says he won't embarrass either his Dad or me, but we know better. Watch out Ken!!! :D

Great News Steve - I'm glad you and your brother could twist his arm! I'll get Jon (I listed him as Knarf12) moved over on the attending list and get him added to dinner!

Now about that KTM . . . :dontknow:

Getting too excited, so I added a day and will be arriving Thursday. In for dinner Friday!

Jim - The excitement is building up this way too, so glad you can come a day earlier! :Yes:

Dan - Thanks for the update, word around the 'still fire is that there will be some special FART beverages available!

Who's In For Friday Group Dinner:

Kinsley x 2

Bernie

Terryofperry

Marty

Marcopolo

6th gear

EricInIndy

John Ranalletta x 2

Indy Dave

SavannahCapt

DaveCinNO

Burt

Tallman x 2

greiffster

narcosis

RightSpin

Foot

twistyguy

endobobdds

SSTwin

Knarf11

SOB

Michelle

Toddfjc

BMW_Ken

Erdok

F16Viper68

Randy S

Ty Tass x 2

Mrzoom

Ron-M

Chris K

jmwms

Bob

Corey

Jon

The Z. Brown Distillery is about 60 miles away from Dillard. Their distiller makes a really good 120 proof bourbon, but I'm not bringing my signed 375 ml bottle from the very first production run.

The transition from Stillhouse Creek to Z. Brown (and possibly back) is an interesting tale. I will talk for liquor....

By the way, who's bringing a bottle of this?

Who'd of thought......

bourbon snobbery?

I know of an opened 1/2 bottle. It's quite good and was bought for like $275 at the Evan Williams distillery in downtown Louisville. Not sure why they think it commands those prices.

ADMINISTRIVIA!

Remember to email photos of you and or your group while you're out FARTing. We need to receive a photo with you in it in order to qualify for Friday's contest and prize.

Email photos to:startfarting@gmail.com

When checking into the hotel, please record your bike's odometer reading on the sign in sheet provided at the Front Desk.

In addition to our normal Treasure Chest of prizes, this year we also have a $25 Gift Certificate from Bob's BMW!

2018%20START%20Blowing%20rock%20prizes.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave

Records are made to be broken, nice of you to let others have a chance to win the contest. Hopefully you'll START winning again next Spring. We'll miss you Chris!

My Chattanooga BMW club went to the Dillard House for lunch yesterday. It's a little on the expensive side but there was really good food. It is a buffet with all food brought to your table, with endless refills on the food.

Alan

Yeah just remember, if that thing pops out of the socket you have to back under the knife to get it back in place. Listen to the doctor. See ya in the Spring!

Dave...

As you're preparing to FART remember to pack the heated gear. The lows will be in the 40's, so mornings may be chilly, which is always good for a FART :)

Always prudent to bring heated gear to the mountains, but not sure where you are seeing those lows. The Weather Channel forecast for our ride dates shows the lows between 53 and 60, with the highs in the mid-70s.

Accuweather for Highlands. Dillard is in the valley so it will be warmer down there.

Ken's reminder is a prudent one. One thing to also be aware of is at higher elevations in the shaded areas you have to be aware of slick spots.

Accuweather for Highlands. Dillard is in the valley so it will be warmer down there.

Ken's reminder is a prudent one. One thing to also be aware of is at higher elevations in the shaded areas you have to be aware of slick spots.

Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.