IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART), Dillard, GA. Sept 27 - 30.

Indy Dave

This "post" is not a ride tail and likely not of interest to anyone in any other thread so I am posting it here.

Those at FART '18 likely noticed me hobbling along in the parking lot gatherings. I have not had an anterior cruciate ligament in my right knee since the late 60's and have severe arthritis, periodic swelling and pain. Have always been told by orthopedic doctors to hold off on a knee replacement as long as the pain was tolerable and i was functional. Well after this FART, I had an ortho appointment today and was told it is time for the knee replacement. Need to first get cardiology clearance, then will have the surgery in November. Will find out at my next ortho appointment if the rod in my left leg from a previous injury to the same leg (low side on a track in 2004) will need to be removed prior to the knee surgery.

May not do much riding over this winter, however, should be good to go for START '19! :thumbsup:

This "post" is not a ride tail and likely not of interest to anyone in any other thread so I am posting it here.

Those at FART '18 likely noticed me hobbling along in the parking lot gatherings. I have not had an anterior cruciate ligament in my right knee since the late 60's and have severe arthritis, periodic swelling and pain. Have always been told by orthopedic doctors to hold off on a knee replacement as long as the pain was tolerable and i was functional. Well after this FART, I had an ortho appointment today and was told it is time for the knee replacement. Need to first get cardiology clearance, then will have the surgery in November. Will find out at my next ortho appointment if the rod in my left leg from a previous injury to the same leg (low side on a track in 2004) will need to be removed prior to the knee surgery.

May not do much riding over this winter, however, should be good to go for START '19! :thumbsup:

Heal quickly my friend. We both NEED to be at START! :wave::clap:

Hope it goes well, do the PT.

Then PT x2.

You'll be better than before.

Ohh Bob! Twisty Guy will be disappointed he won't have a chance to drain you knee with common hotel implements at START, and it goes without saying how much Mark will miss providing you with a loving sponge bath! :wave:

HOLY CRAP what a GREAT TIME it was!! Newbie here had no idea how much fun was to be had. NO IDEA!!

THANK YOU ALL for putting up with me, being so patient, gracious, understanding, and entertaining. THANK YOU, Dave and Ken, for all the prep and hours of work to make this happen.

I really hated to see it end so soon. Cried all the way home. Arrived home about noon, slept in front of the TV all afternoon, ate supper and slept all night. Having fun is hard work.

+1 on the PT, Bob. Everyone I've talked to says the SOONER and HARDER you do the PT, the better the long term is for you.

Can't wait til START!!

Hey Bob--you'll do great. Call me if you need anything.

Peter

Lowndes great to ride with you! Bob, been there done that as I have an 'after market' knee. The 'physical terrorists' were instrumental to getting me back and the fact I'm into pain!!!!