IGNORED

2013 RT Valve Adjust

mrzoom

I just checked the valve clearance on my cam head at 12,000 miles. All 8 were at the maximum loose settings.

As long as I'm in there I might as well order up one size and hopefully the settings will be

right in the mid range.

I read some where that there were numbers on the shims but I couldn't find any. I used my didgital

mike to get sizes. After this I should be set for many miles. Of course I will also check carb balance.

I just checked the valve clearance on my cam head at 12,000 miles. All 8 were at the maximum loose settings.

As long as I'm in there I might as well order up one size and hopefully the settings will be

right in the mid range.

I read some where that there were numbers on the shims but I couldn't find any. I used my didgital

mike to get sizes. After this I should be set for many miles. Of course I will also check carb balance.

Afternoon mrzoom

Personally I make up a little chart showing all valve positions including their current SEMI-SPHERE & the Required SEMI-SPHERE to set to where I want them. Then by viewing the chart, in most cases, the SEMI-SPHERE's can be swapped around between positions so only a couple need to be purchased. (those little devils are expensive to buy if not actually needed).

I also usually run the exhaust valves at or near max lash as I ride fast under load so that assures they stay at a safe lash no matter what (on the hexhead bikes BMW even had a wider exhaust lash spec for the police bike exhaust valves for this very reason).

If they in limits (even at max) I'd just leave them. Loose is better than tight so if it were mine I'd just leave it.

I'm going to revisit the settings with a real metric feeler gauge set. Some how I've misplaced mine.

All the exhaust are over spec now or seem to be by 2 thousands.

Both the intakes that are off have the same size SPHERE so swapping isn't an option this time.

I did make a chart of all present sizes.

This is fun.

Morning mrzoom]

I'm going to revisit the settings with a real metric feeler gauge set. Some how I've misplaced mine.--Probably not a bad idea.

All the exhaust are over spec now or seem to be by 2 thousands.--Was the engine overnight cold when you checked them???

Both the intakes that are off have the same size SPHERE so swapping isn't an option this time.-- Too bad.

I did make a chart of all present sizes.--I find that a chart helps now & as well as a comparison tool in the future.

Job done.. changed 2. After getting a bigger glass I found the size markings. :grin:

Hard to see with these old eyes.

TB adjusted and buttoned back up.

Ready for the UN. :clap:

terryofperry
Job done.. changed 2. After getting a bigger glass I found the size markings. :grin:

Hard to see with these old eyes.

TB adjusted and buttoned back up.

Ready for the UN. :clap:

:thumbsup: Good Work

Terry