IGNORED

A2DP Audio Quality

Dave Stephens

Dave Stephens

What has been your experience with the audio quality from your A2DP sat. radio pairing to your Sena? I've had various Androids paired with 3 different models of Senas over the years using the phone as my audio source (Pandora in this case), and each time the helmet speaker quality has been quite good. I recently paired my Sat. radio using A2DP (NAV V - 2015RT) and the audio quality is HORRIBLE - Any insights as to why and what can I do to improve it? I'd really rather not have to add more gadgets to the bike :(

I have a 14RT. I really love the bike except for the audio Bluetooth. The radio/xm over the SENA is terrible sound. When I use my Iphone or usb drive (mated through gps) for audio through SENA it is just ok, but not great. Everything connects ok, but sound quality is poor. In order of best to least sound quality through my RT to SENA...( and none are good) IPhone, USB, XM, then radio - AM/FM/WX. If I use the speakers on the bike instead of SENA quality is quite good, but I hate to drive down the road with music blaring and annoy the people around me...so is it the Bluetooth BMW installed or SENA or Both.......Wish BMW would do a periodic update to their Bluetooth software. SENA needs better speakers for a $200+ unit.

I think that the issue is with the Sat radio from the RT. I don't use the Sat radio source myself, but tried it when I had first bought my previous '14 RT. All sources from the RT's radio to my (then) SMH10 was good, but the Sat radio had horrible quality, for some reasons.

XM radio uses WAY too much compression in the audio signal for my liking. When that is the case, there really is no way to improve the audio quality on the receiving end of things.

I quit XM after the free year. The sound was terrible. Now I get endless emails from them and even calls on my cell because the deal of the century is about to expire! But I have no complaint about the Bluetooth connection to my Sena U10. The sound is great. I have my music on a thumb drive. The only hassle was converting the music to mp3 so it would play on the BMW system. It's always something...

Edited by BigTup