IGNORED

Bike Like

TEWKS

My Bike.

image_zpstbh2xsde.jpg

My neighbor's brand new Ultra Limited! :thumbsup: I think there may be a commandment against that sorta thing... :P

image_zpswqnozenw.jpg

Post yours! :thumbsup:

Pat

Do you mean like... :grin: Probably the better bike but can't get myself to love that fairing.

FCC440A3-7F45-46E6-B427-C47061DC6EF3.jpg

Pat

Medic Mike

If I was going to go with a bike style like that, Victory Vision is what I would bring home. I know I am in the minority, but I have always like the design of those.

Lone_RT_rider
Probably the better bike but can't get myself to love that fairing

If you get behind enough semi-trucks with the RG fairing, you'll fall in love with it. Because it's fixed to the frame and not the bars, buffeting winds don't push you around the way the bat wing fairing does.

I had a string of Harleys over the pre-BMW period- which I think is permanent... but I digress.

I had Sportsters, FXRS's, Road Kings and Road Glides... the Glide was by-far the most comfortable ride for a long outing. The FXRS was the best overall. Unfortunately the FXRS is no longer built but it was sooo sweet... except for the part where you had to remove the engine to get to the rear cylinder when needed (which was never).

fourteenfour

too bad those bikes are near or over 900 pounds each. Harley's touring line is in need of a diet. Seeing that they could knock the soft tails down significantly there is no reason to not get the touring line down as well. A Soft tail Heritage which looks like a Road King for all intents and purposes, same engine and such, weighs a hundred pounds less than that Road King. As for the Ultras, if not for the wings under the fairing it would be unlivable at speed. The bat wing is the cool looking fairing but its shit in wind management

Good review from the motorcycle.com guys. They pretty much agreed with the frame mount vs fork mount thoughts here. Mentioned price difference more than once, they were comparing an Ultra Limited RG to an Ultra Classic which didn't seem to comupute to them why there was a price difference. Funny though, they both seemed to like the fork mount a little better.

Pat

For long time dresser riders the bat wing fork mount fairing seems very much preferred for three reasons. Its looks, sits closer to the rider, and it moves with the bars. I've been riding frame mount fairing bikes so long the fixed position and distance doesn't seem odd at all, but recall it was a little strange at first. Also, given that most dresser riders aren't riding frisky and stuffing these beasts into corners or driving at hyper legal speeds too often, the added mass and moment of inertia to the steering and potential for weird osculation you might get at high speed with a fork mount fairing are not issues to consider.

For going coast to coast and wanting class leading luxurious comfort, either of the big dressers Hawgs should be be a top pick.

Lone_RT_rider

Maybe it's because I have started to get used to my FLHTP (Police Electra-glide), but the one thing I feel that the HD does so much better than my R1200RT is two-up riding. I took my wife out last night and headed downtown to the Museum for the yearly Ladies bike night event. There is very little difference in the ride and handling of that bike with, and without a passenger. When it comes to rides with my wife, I have a feeling the R1200RT is going to get even less use in the future.

Shawn

20180510_213156-L.jpg

Edited by Lone_RT_rider

Shawn I would agree with you. Harley's in general seem to be great two up bikes. I have always attributed it to the 3" longer wheel base giving both riders that extra room. Anyway I have never heard a passenger complain about a Harley :-) to me that says a lot :-)

Oh yeah, should be no surprise that my like bike check mark is on Pat's RT.

Thanks, Paul! :)

Shawn, love that chopped tour pack! :thumbsup:

Pat

Lone_RT_rider
Shawn, love that chopped tour pack! :thumbsup:

Thanks sir. :) It now has a back pad mounted on it. It has officially been transformed from a single rider cop bike to a two-up machine. Now, I need to find time to install the Willy Wings and the GPS mount, then running the hard wire for the GPS with a splitter for the 12V to 5V converter for the USB cable in the glove box. Ahhhhh the joys of farkeling. :)

Shawn I would agree with you. Harley's in general seem to be great two up bikes. I have always attributed it to the 3" longer wheel base giving both riders that extra room. Anyway I have never heard a passenger complain about a Harley :-) to me that says a lot :-)

Shhh! I never have let my wife get close to a dresser, or any other land yacht class touring bike for that matter, cuz it might be all over for the RT. OTOH, maybe let her push for one of the FLHTx series Hawgs and sneak a used Super Duke into the garage later to run errands on....Hmm, now that's something to ponder.

My fave as well! Including the color.

:thumbsup:

Followed this trail as it shrunk down into a path but had to stop because of a downed tree. Would of made for a better pic but my darn phone said sorry, too many pictures.

Pat

what? you can't ride it as a trials bike??? come on, man!

Now if I thought ahead, I could have pulled the bags and it would have been game on! :revit: No not really... :grin: The cases actually helped me turn around because I could butt bump it backwards pushing on them. ;)

Pat

If your going to want something like that..... you really should want the Road Glide Ultra ;)

Shawn, you planted the thought and YouTube may have just finished me! :grin:

The Boss Paint Set :lick:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by TEWKS
Lone_RT_rider

All it needs now is a Razor tourpak with a 1969 style Mustang Boss wing. ;)

NB1T811.jpg

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6925&filename=RG%20Boss.JPG

6925.jpg.9be1f63cb1fc6f227521abe18bbb8e92.jpg

Edited by Lone_RT_rider

Did a 100 mile charity ride with some guys riding HDs with the bat wing faring. The next day at work they were talking about sore arms from the wind pushing them around. I was riding my RT, and hadn't even notice the wind.

Lone_RT_rider
The next day at work they were talking about sore arms from the wind pushing them around. I was riding my RT, and hadn't even notice the wind.

Exactly..... Frame mounted fairings are just better. :)